1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. his fast, but he weaves to much. Anyway there is PC and there is also RC rating....CP will talk for all

2. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

This, and other 'customs/traditions/non-written rules' are completely unknown for many newcomers. May I suggest a new thread where the most senior drivers add these and make it sticky perhaps [Racing Etiquette] ? It'd be very helpful to educate us in racing manners (which in many cases are zero, but not for mean intention but for lack of knowledge).

GroteBakkes, vanveen and Arlo like this.
  3. Mercenairy

Mercenairy Gamer

Just out of interest, have the CP ranking been officially explained anywhere yet? I haven’t been able to find anything about it

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

5. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

jaxx_za, Son and david m like this.
  6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

aehm no, sorry :)
    CP has nothing to do with scheduled racing, it's a different usage of pickup servers. Also wouldn't call it matchmaking; while the selection uses the existing algorithms, effectively the availablilty, region and CP bracket will more or less bypass the actual math - unless we see an order of magnitude more drives than expected.

tjr, Madsen and martcerv like this.
  7. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

That is just my opinion, nothing else.
    I know Kunos is not going to call it schedule races, but if the CP races last about 1 hour (for example) and are managed by Kunos only (which they are exclusively at least for a while) and you can see formation lap countdown, that is almost like scheduled races, even if is not officially scheduled races, which they aren't... by the almost are... without being it... which they are not...

Just like matchmaking... which is not officially matchmaking but more like servermaking... but looks suspiciously like matchmaking, but is actually better than matchmaking, does the same as matchmaking, and help with the act of match-server making... but it isn't... even if it looks like it... which is not... but almost is...
    I think is pretty clear now.
    You are welcome.
    :)

MonzterPixel and surtic86 like this.
  8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Will there be tweaks regarding the formation lap, so that everyone will get a tidy race start?

I had races where the leader was already flying away and the rest was still in formation.

9. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

B
    The point here I think is that CP server can provide the core of what schedules provide: a controled eviroment with long races and strucured sessions. The only thing I miss is some type of points award (this of course counting from a minimum numbers of players on server) and/or also position statistics, linked and specific to CP servers (besides of CP itself).

I think this last point can provide a overall experience of progession and complement the main information that is given by CP.

10. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Maybe, the CP rating has a finer resolition than just 0-99, so that tables are possible.

11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin But is a MP system like GT Sport has really super hard to develop and to make it run smoothly? Or are the maintenance costs or amount of work needed to keep it going just very high and that is why Kunos did not do it (yet)? :)

12. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

The costs of making a matchmaking system as the one in GT Sport must be massive. Only mega corporations like Sony can afford that. This is David vs Goliath, and to me David is worth the time and the investment (looks like the winner to me).

th3o likes this.
  13. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Cp servers are good but I want to know how my progression goes over the time in form of statistics or points related specifically to CP races wich are the ranked and closed in configuration terms.

This can be as good as it is in other more expesive or whatsever systems, is just another way of doing it.

14. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Are Kunos going to have some Competition servers with the different classes in game? Such as spec races with Porsche Cup and Lambo ST?

15. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Yeah this is a good question, I'm curious of knowing when the ST and the porsche cup car will be available to play in multiplayer, if you can choose them in every race or not

16. No that's the same Amir Hosseini on the leader boards, his racing etiquette is abysmal. His racing style is quite dirty to put it mildly, it would be wise to have ratings that deter ppl from doing what he does. I spectated a couple of his races where he joined from the back of the pack and its worse then a troll. Embarrassing stuff, sorry he ruined your race.

17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

So he might not get anywhere near a CP server then.

18. I just would like to add something very important to competitive and safety rating I learned comparing iRacing to PCARS2.
    I humbly think the greatest issue with PCARS2 ratings is that they are not comparable among players.
    People that only race at leagues with have biased ratings depending on the skill of the league. Another racer that searches for public easy races can increase his rating much easier. Something similar occurs with safety rating.
    iRacing has the benefit that it chooses for you who to race, the more competitive race for you from all drivers available at that racetime. It makes the rating more comparable and not prone to the ability of the racer to choose races.
    I see the only way for ratings not to diverge and become incomparable among players is to an automated server to apply the same rules to put the groups together to race. Even if it has some criteria issues, the issues being applied equal to everyone is the only way to make the ratings to keep being representative over time.

19. Si.

Si. Simracer

The best way to increase your SA is to race on a competitive server rather than an easy server, close high speed, high quality racing, so I think your assumption is wrong. Either way a direct comparison can’t be made to iRacing or PCars as the logic is completely different/unknown, just because you may see a trend in one doesn’t mean it will manifest in another.

Son likes this.
  20. Juan Jesús

Juan Jesús Gamer

I think Kunos has created a good base for online. It would be a great idea to put the official lobby hidden, and create a click to race with different circuits similar to the competitive, And later the game matches the players in the lobby depending on the SA.
    Kunos He has created a great simulator and they have a great base to do it.