1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Multiplayer & Rating - 1.0

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It seems to me that the kunos guys with the multiplayer are doing a great job.

There is only one thing I would like to improve, and that is the duration of the race. I think someone has commented on it but it would be good to have several career durations.

For example, if there were 30-minute races, I would probably be able to participate every day in one, however, finding an hour and a half free in my day is difficult, therefore I can only participate on weekends.

I think that if there are different durations, the servers would be more full.

eracerhead likes this.
  2. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

This all sounds like a massive step forward, just a few suggestions.

With regard to quick join. I'm not a fan of free practice. To me it's pointless online. I come online to race. Can I set a preference to only join servers that have Q and R sessions only? Or maybe a small 5 mins free practice I'd cope with. If I'm 'quick joined' to a server that's 5 minutes into a 2 hour practice session I'm straight back out of the door!

80-90 SR seems high. I try to keep it clean and hover around the 70 SR level.

With regard to competition servers, will they also be top limited? So a server for people with, say, 5-10 CP and one for 10-20? We won't be all that skills matched if people from the alien servers drop down for the the chance of an easy race, although I guess if they did they'd have more to lose.

3. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

i really like that idea to join Free Practice and you can still leave without penalty.... when you leave Qualifying or the race = punishment :cool:

4. theivansk

theivansk Racer

I mean, if I already was exited for tomorrow... Now even more jejeje. It's fantastic to hear such a good news. Sounds like a nice implementación of CP, SA and RC all working together.
    Kunos always deliver.

Madsen and Son like this.
  5. that's not true man. I think, watching how SA grows in different people, that the growing speed of SA depends heavily on the BWP. I, making a big mistake, ran in nonSA servers a lot, causing more contacts than I make.
    now, to increase SA just about 1 point it takes 2 days, and to decrease 1 contact.
    As I said (i think) my SA was 84 two weeks ago (more or less), then I had two spins at the start in the wrong servers. my SA is 66 now and doesn't want to increase anymore.
    @Minolin if SA growth strongly depends on BWP, is it possible to keep the current SA value and set the current BWP value without affecting SA?
    In this way, at least, SA growth could start increasing again.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

SA does fade over time so its not going to take that long to erase your older sessions assuming your new sessions are clean. Starting from zero would not really be an advantage over starting from say 60 or 70. If your rating is very poor its not likely all just others fault so you will likely also need to look at your own racecraft if you want this.

Also not everyone necessarily will get very high SA as not everyone is that clean to race. ;) The CP servers being set for the cleanest guys means these will be good solid racing.

Anyone that wants to join this needs to demonstrate they are at least at that level so they should always stay as high quality racing. There will be other servers and the CP servers are likely going to be hard to get into even if you have the ratings needed.

Kunos cant be expected to host unlimited servers at no cost and we wont even get any in our region initially if ever. :(

Setting the ones they do host in a way that gives people incentive to use the ratings system and restrictions is a good move I think. This will benefot everyone else in the regular pub servers.

I think it really needs to be clear in game, a big percentage of people never even visit the forums. Im sure the devs know this and are on top of it.

BoinkTheBeaver likes this.
  7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin, I have a question:
    If I read correctly, CP gets unlocked along with RC when you reach above 50SA, but you will not be able to participate in CP servers until you have a much higher SA (you mention 80+ as an example).
    While you are somewhere between 50-80SA can your CP be affected at all in 'regular' servers, or is it only being 'fed' when in the CP servers? i.e. will your first races on the CP server have to be at the lowest bracket, or could you work on improving both SA and CP simultaneously on 'regular' servers (or even offline)?

Max Doubt likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Although I don't have any "personal issues" with iRacing, it's somehow refreshing to read this. It was assumed in this forum by a quite vocal "camp" that iRacing is the bee's knees and that ACC must copy the exact concept in order to win over iRacing customers - just offer it for free.
    It was never really considered that current iRacing customers might not be 100 % happy with the iRacing concept but still prefer it over other available concepts. Now state that you like the Kunos concept more and I'm expecting more iRacing customers to do the same.

tbhockeyboy, Son and jaxx_za like this.
  9. Psyco

Psyco Rookie

I have a idea for people they need a little short race duration.
    Kunos can make a "sprint race" server with a race duration set to 30 or 45 minutes.
    In the sprint race the CP gain is set to 50% of the official 60 minutes server.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  10. Marcus666

Marcus666 Rookie

Great News I like this thx Kunos :D , hope it works :)

11. aaaah I did not know that! thanks Martcerv, it means it's just a matter of time!

martcerv likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You don't have to use the quick join, Id be amazed if I did. For the CP races these are using dynamic weather and no join in qualy so consider the 20 minute practice as the booking time. Also a good time to test track conditions and decide on setup and strategy, there will hopefully be at least a basic forecast for the coming sessions and I see there is live weather in the UI now.

If you haven't used full dynamic weather servers yet then you will realize the practice time is actually fairly important to adjust to the current conditions.

You will still be able to use regular lobby and pick servers as you want, these already show session lengths and how much time is left. With a short qualy practice is the time to join servers unless they run longer qualy, ideally we can lock join at some point in qualy and also to spectate only for races in pub servers later if we want.

You can check safety under your driver stats, it shows as sessions fade. I have no idea what sort of distance this covers but in minorating it was over your last 1000km. So this is likely around that too, I don't know how much past record stays or if all very old sessions are completely forgotten.

Coanda, LeDude83 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I have done my best to keep away from these Multiplayer discussions after I finally realized how pointless they were, but if I may, I'd like to once again make a suggestion that I've already made a few times:

Is it possible for the sessions to start at fixed times?
    I mean: Why do we still have the "practice, qualifying and race" loop where you never know when each session starts? Wouldn't it be better to have, for example, qualifying starts at 00:40, race starts at 01:00, then you have free practice between the end of the race and the start of qualifying, and qualifying starts again at 2:40, race at 3:00 and so on?

In my opinion it would be a lot better that way because we would all know when every session starts before we even logged into the game, and would help make things even more organized while also giving that bigger sense of occasion when you start a race on a CP server.
    I really enjoyed the news of the Competition servers, and in my opinion this would make them even better.

@Minolin pls?

trasgu, PiretSS2000, coiso and 2 others like this.
  14. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

Definitely need some shorter 'wife friendly' races.

10 mins practice (not really needed other than to 'gather troops') + 10 mins Qualifying +30 mins Race.

Thats still the best part of an hour required.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  15. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but will we be able to move RCTL messages to the top or something? I find them hard to see behind the (physical) wheel.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    iltrex, FX2K and Erik Frisen like this.
  16. Si.

Si. Simracer

I’m not sure shorter races work from a Competition point of view though as they become more of a qualifying shoot-out.

Ludovick daoust and R. Iván like this.
  17. Bienlo55

Bienlo55 Gamer

@Minolin

Thank you for the great work!

But I wonder how many drivers have an SA rating of 85. Are they invisible in the middle of all the racing cars?

18. +1
    It would be good to have fixed races of 30 minutes and one hour, and on certain days, some special races of 3, 6, 24 hours to favor the change of drivers.

I think that in this way the servers would be more populated, surely there are people who even want to participate, can not for lack of time.

19. popo87

popo87 Simracer

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Interesting question, if you don't even know how it will look / sound like in V1. 0...