1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Multiplayer & Rating - 1.0

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

SA is easy to get over time, If you make sure you stay clean, earn a lot of trust through racing cars around you with no contacts, it will no doubt keep increasing, I have not even been following my SA at all, just enjoyed the game from 0.5 or whenever multiplayer got good, last time I checked it was in the 60s or something, I just checked again and it was 90+, if you haven't put the time in to race correctly then of course your SA wont be high.
    My SA has been increasing each day over a few months, so don't expect to suddenly gain 20+ before 1.0.

PiretSS2000 and XettMan like this.
  2. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure that if I put my mind to it, I could get my SR up there, but then I would be playing the game to achieve SR, not to enjoy the game, and my SR would not be a true reflection of my driving.

It's just my experience, and my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, but I think if you have an 80-90 limit on the CP servers a lot of people who would like to play on them, and would do their best to race clean on them, will not be able to.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Skaven Zverov likes this.
  3. david m

david m Racer

As I see it ,
    CP rating should be based only in CP servers and grow up only in this servers (everybody starts tomorrow from 0), and also to complement it , for keep growing your CP rating you need to stay always in more of +75 of SA (if you are in less of 75 SA you can't enter any CP servers)

4. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

As you said, racing. That isn't racing to me.

5. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Looks like devs. plan was to develop top notch physics simulation of GT3 racing and if it is successful (at least at this point it is brilliant physics wise) then think about the rest (like MM). Well, not bad plan considering success of original AC, but not brave enough to dethrone Iracing. It is understandable, as we all can talk (daydream) about our wishes as much as we want but at the end ACC is a financial undertaking where safe path is much more preferable then taking brave moves and then going out of bussiness. MM ACC style seems like didn't get enough of attention to detail if at this stage Minolin mentions about looking for concepts. Ohh well, it is better then AC, which I am happy about. Time will show but in that regard SRS-like system seems like safe bet to me as people don't need to waste 20 min. to secure their spot in a race. Original AC was essentially a league racing sim and I see that ACC will be the same.

6. I hope you are kidding. this system takes into account all of the aspects of the driver. the rating itself is the most advanced piece of math you can find now. all other ratings relay on large population. this relay on your behavior.
    then how this rating is used is another matter. but considering the competitors, it's fine. offers a lot more then the others, because it has matchmaking and lobbies at same time. And it is 1.0.
    people talking about ir make me laugh. a lot! it is older in all aspects. the players are its fortune. lol. lol. lol!

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

My bad, I confused you with the guy that talked about gaining SA against AI.
    In my opinion this is a valid way, because the SA rating is also about not crashing into slower cars in race conditions, rather than surviving the race. the first thing is mainly under your control, the second one depends on other people.
    Of course this should not be exploited by wreckers to access high SA servers.

8. Not only. you say they did not a brave move!
    GT3 only does not sound brave to you?
    Unreal Engine does not sound brave to you?
    my ignore list is bigger now

9. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

eye_roll_emoji

jaxx_za and Salvatore Amato like this.
  10. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

But it is how it works.
    In MP it is really not easy to gain up to 80 SA, because you can be as clean and safe as you want, there will always be that guy who hits you with too much speed from behind. And you cannot do anything against it.
    I have so many situations, I see in the mirror that the guy is way too fast and missed tge braking zone massively, then I can try not to turn and wait until the guy passes me and crashes into some track limits. But it is not always possible to avoid being hit.
    So on MP my SA is always between 64 and 69, no matter how clean I drive.
    But we will see how CP servers work.

11. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Your loss then :)

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

PiretSS2000 and jaxx_za like this.
  12. that guy does not know what he's talking about...

13. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

If I was Kunos MP would only be available after watching and understanding "Surviving Rookies".:D

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  14. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

ATM sa doesnt go up if you are racing in a 3 sec gap behind and in front of you , so it just go up when you are in a PBAOE zone of another car , you can be clean as **** but racing alone , no point at all , when you can just trail behind teh dumbest IA and farm the SA brainlessly

15. there is going to be a cap to the amount of SA that can be gained in sp

16. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

But they are talking about farming it, not really racing. SA shouldn't be something to farm, but something to gain while actually racing. If people keep going into SP just to race side by side with low AI's just to increase SA, that's not racing, it's just pure farm, the kind of thing you would create a bot to work for you.

By making SA multiplayer only, you avoid letting trolls farm it, doesn't make fair racers have to farm it for the sake of getting enough for CP races and let it naturally build up while you race online. There's no uses for it in SP, so there's no reason for it to be obtainable against AI.

17. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Remember back when we had just 4 pages of responses, and everyone was happy?

18. SA should be obtained only and exclusively in online mode, it does not make sense to go behind the AI in easy mode to get points and then enter a CP server and not know how to respect people.

SA wins by competing cleanly against real people, not cheating against AI

jc1993 likes this.
  19. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I believe the intention is to get racers to practice sharing a track with other cars, before being let on to a MP server. Whether its against AI or humans shouldn't really matter, as there is a lot than can be learnt just against AI.

Without SP, there would be a need for low SA MP servers to allow racers to improve their SA - and I can only imagine what the experience is going to be like on a zero SA server.

Besides, it's not as easy to farm SA as it sounds. Currently im trying to improve my SA after dropping from 85 to 75, and I'm gaining like 1 point after every 30min race, while keeping close to AI. I don't think farming is going to be worth the typically wreckers time - there other titles where they can get easier gratification.

20. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Isn't this the point of the CP rating? It can only increase by racing in MP on a CP server.
    Having a high SA doesn't give you access to a high CP server. You have to race against humans to improve CP and access a high CP server.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    surtic86 and PiretSS2000 like this.