1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Opinion.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SimGuy_1, May 30, 2019.

Tags:
?

ACC's Goal.

Poll closed Jun 19, 2019.
  1. physics,A.I,Optimization etc.

23 vote(s)
    63.9%
  2. Multiplayer stuff.

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Just wanna ask you guys that whether you all prefer physics,optimization,A.I OR multiplayer aspects.
    I'm asking this because this game is absolutely fantastic and it has "mixed"score on steam for multiplayer.which is understandable but i would rather have a proper offline simulator with leading physics and great performance rather than online.
    Yes some of you might say they should do both better but that's just impossible to do for example look at iracing it is benchmark for sim online community(multiplayer aspect) but physics are below ACC and Rfactor 2(i've played them all) and also iracing has no A.I so there will always be a compromise.So IMO i would rather have industry leading physics(simulation),A.I and ofcourse good optimization etc(single player stuff).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    A-Jin and LucaBenj like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions My honest opinion on ACC after switching from XsX to PC Jul 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server shows up in Lobby without ping value and cannot be accessed Jan 11, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024

3. You honestly think that the devs will give two tosses about the results of this poll? LOL

(and doesn't physics and optimizations affect both SP and MP?)

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Different people work on different things, its not like they are going to abandon any aspects they think can be improved. I also highly doubt they will abandon MP because of a few mixed steam reviews. ;)

TheBoss likes this.
  5. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

I don't think he meant this for devs to look for.He just asking for our opinion.

SimGuy_1 and LucaBenj like this.
  6. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

The product is fantastic!
    But It's not perfect, of course it is v 1.0.
    For example I would focus on optimization efforts and some bugs still present. One above all is that fizzy stuttering that occurs in different scenarios, especially in multiplayer when a new player enters the server

7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yea i understand what you trying to say but if those resources were used for single player aspects of sim rather than multiplayer then not only the whole sim can be developed quickly but also it will be much more focused.When you add complexity or make a project more ambitious then there will be more compromises than if the product were developed having focused goal.There is a reason why ACC has best physics for gt3 cars because they focused solely on gt3 cars.

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I never said it(poll)was for devs to look for LOL.Read my post again you did not understand what i said.

9. Sorry, but pointless thread/poll is pointless.

R. Iván likes this.
  10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

That is your opinion so no problem.

11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I think they will do both given time and it's probably too soon to worry about steam opinions.
    For me I would like them to sort, or at least communicate re multi viewport and Track IR.
    I worry this relatively small group have been sacrificed on the alter of console sales during the UR4 evaluation phase.

Sorry , didn't mean to high-jack the thread.

12. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

This thread is a bit absurd. Kunos is not going to fire his workers and hire others to work in a single section.
    As a user that survey seems absurd, I do not want to choose an option because none is good, I do not want them to develop only one section, I want all areas to improve.

13. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I was just asking opinion as well as stating mine and how did you even get the idea of me indicating firing some staff?? Be polite mate and reading your reply i can totally see that you clearly did not understand the post.
    Besides just saying "all areas to improve" is pointless as there will be always some compromises made so i rather compromise multiplayer and have a simulator with top physics because budget is not infinite and neither is staff.

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yea they will improve both i'm sure of it but my point is that there is a reason why iracing is subscription based services because these multiplayer components cost so much money and time so for me multiplayer is not important at all.My point is that since Kunos has limits resources i would rather have them focused on core single player aspects then go to multiplayer.
    People giving negative reviews just because multiplayer sends out bad signal that customers would rather have better multiplayer than simulator.

15. So the point of this thread is you telling Kunos that they should abandon work on MP and direct all resources to the areas that YOU want. Good luck with that. Pointless thread is still pointless. (and that is absolute fact, not opinion)

Jebus and martcerv like this.
  16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I've seen it quoted many times that IR is subscription because of multiplayer components or the like.
    I've yet to be convinced that a particular piece of game software has to be subscription because of cost of development/maintenance.
    I think it's only subscription because it's lucrative, which is fair enough I suppose.

Anyway back on topic, I think any optimisation they can do would be greatly appreciated so that will get my vote (if I have to :) ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.