1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Driving Views

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Diablo_rf, Apr 8, 2019.

?

What type of camera view are you using?

1. Interior

92.5%
  2. Exterior

3.6%
  3. I use both, depending of the situation

3.9%
  1. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

Cockpit view only, No hud / blank
    Fov 68
    i use the chase camera to check the lights depending on the car ( no need with the lambo but is needed with the ferrari and the bmw for example )
    i don't have any problem riding the track limits or the kerbs

also would be nice to have a forced cockpit only option in the server settings, i mean is a simulator, you should use cockpit view any other view is unrealistic and takes away the immersion not to mention that you lose many of the audio feedback that ACC have witch is truly fantastic

wiigriid likes this.
  2. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

No, you won't let go :D:D:D

[​IMG]

3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You quoted a post from April!

4. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Sorry, that's true, I didn't see the date... and I can't edit. Apologies!:oops::oops::oops:

sps_for_race likes this.
  5. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

he uses cockpit view in all the games except project cars 2, where he doesn't like it (and i agree)

still, he gets harassed by cockpit camera talibans EVERY. SINGLE. RACE.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  6. How come you don't like cockpit view in PC2? I've always been able to adjust the camera inside the car to how I like it.

7. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

i don't like cockpit camera in ACC either, i use dashcam. Viewing 2 sets of hands and 2 wheels is not really immersive.
    I've changed the cockpit camera in PC2 to simulate the dashcam (disabling hands and wheel movement) but it feels odd and i struggle to correctly assess distances and braking points.

8. Whoops, yeah, I should have clarified that - I only use dashcam too with no hands or wheel. Never had a problem with dashcam on PC2 though.

To be honest, since I've played ACC, I struggle to drive these days on PC2 in general. The physics feel so comparatively bad on PC2 now :(

9. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

they have pretty similar levels of physics simulation.
    what sets you off is the differences in force feedback and amount of grip on tyres (pc2's softs are much closer to ACC's tyres than hards, but they are seldom usable due to limited temperature window)

10. No offense but I think the big view debate you hear/see in every game stems from the fact, that slower drivers are looking for a reason why there not as fast as other people. You never hear fast cockpit drivers complaining about who uses what view, they just don't care your going lose anyway.

Cristian Haba, Turk and PiretSS2000 like this.
  11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

All of my racing is done with internal view, very occasionally may use bonnet cam for hot lapping type stuff as in some cars I can go a little quicker like that....don't give a FF what other people use, as long as they drive cleanly and have fun.....

Sexton Hardcastle likes this.
  12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You can hide wheel and hands in cockpit view, if you like.
    20190524151753_1.jpg

20190524151759_1.jpg

Turk and PiretSS2000 like this.
  13. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

what exactly is the "dashcam factor"?

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It derives a %age of the cockpit camera movement to the dashcam. Given a different position and much more visual reference space, it wouldn't be a good idea to run the full movement, that is adjusted to the cockpit view.
    Personally I like to use 60%

15. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Cockpit cam all the way. One thing that troubles me is the visibility advantage external views get in heavy rain in ACC. In cockpit view you can't see anything out of the windscreen in the areas the wiper doesn't reach, making it near impossible to drive in monsoon conditions in traffic, which is great for realism and I have no issue with this. The issue comes when I decided to look at bonnet cam, near perfect visibility, no effect of rain on the lens, just drops falling from the sky

Cockpit cam in general offers less visibility than bonnet but an experienced cockpit cam driver will still achieve their potential pace and race result in cockpit cam. In heavy rain though, ACC cockpit cam drivers will be at a measurable pace disadvantage due to how clean the image is in external cams.

Come to think of it I'll probably post as a bug/suggestion as this is a potential exploit

16. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

This, 100%

17. david m

david m Racer

+1

18. I use the helmet cam. But there is no advantage in using others...so what about vr users?
    The only advantage you will ever gain is through practicing to improve your drive.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  19. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Well, this was also one of the reasons I made this thread.
    I think my only mistake was that I didn't properly explained this issue in particular, because I thought that the readers know this fact.
    And I really hope, that this exploit will be fixed in 1.0, because driving in the rain in exterior view, with no rain drops and visibility issues we have in the cockpit, will put the cockpit drivers in a very uncompetetive position...
    Codemasters did well in their f1 series in this regard.

Would love to hear a word from the developers @Minolin @Lord Kunos, if this missing rain visual effect in the external view will be included in the final release, and if not, then when can we expect it to arrive.
    But anyway, we are 2 day's left for the release, so we'll find this out very shortly. :)

Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  20. HoneybadgerF1

HoneybadgerF1 Rookie

Hey Team,

I've used several FOV calculators online to calculate the correct vFOV for ACC and I keep getting different values - I assume they're all using different formulas. I was wondering if the developers (or any experienced racers out there) have any particular FOV calculator that they stand behind - given that it's critical to get this aspect right.

Also - assuming that you place the primary screen right behind the wheel at eye level as you're supposed to, how are you supposed to adjust your virtual seat position in terms of showing part of the wheel/dash display/etc?