1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

v1.0 BoP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Chriss, May 30, 2019.

1. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Let's use this thread to discuss Balance of Performance (BoP) in v 1.o

Here are my results with the cars that interested me most. I will add the others later on.

Session: Practice
    Conditions: clear, track optimal, 12:00pm, ~30 degrees track temperature
    Cars: standard "Aggressive" preset with 62l of fuel

I drove 4 fast laps with each car, trying to find a comfortable race pace (not interested in finding the "best possible" quali lap time).

Results:

1) Monza

Monza.PNG

2) Brands Hatch

Brands Hatch.png

3) Paul Ricard

Paul Ricard.png

4) Nurburgring

Nurburgring.png

5) Misano

Misano.png

6) Spa Francorchamps

Spa.png

7) Hungaroring

Hungaroring.png

8) Zolder

Zolder.png

9) Barcelona Circuit de Catalunya

Barcelona.png

Am curious for your times and observations :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    chakko, Birdy, Mudguts and 9 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Server Handbook V10 Jan 10, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer wine accserver and the v10 wine acServer Nov 20, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Curious about V10 Street tires Nov 21, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room RSS Formula V10 league - ApexOnlineRacing.com Jan 23, 2019
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres v10 + v5 hybrid tyre Sep 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Lift off oversteer in tyres V10 vs tyres v7- Aug 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 49 is really a new car after V10 tyres update Aug 4, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues tire V10 bad Mar 3, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Track grip settings - 1.12 and V10 Feb 18, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire v10 ECO GT86 Feb 16, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues V10 Tyres for cars Jan 2, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Problems with the v10 GT3 tyres Dec 4, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Model V10 Specs Sep 11, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire model v10 Aug 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Audi R8 V10 Plus Jul 13, 2016

3. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Brands Hatch updated.

Com‘on guys, what‘s your take on v1.0 BoP? I do know your‘re sneakingly putting together much more diligent pace comparisons than I did :D

4. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

porsche fastest in straights? wat, why i thought its the slower one but with decent handling? I havent tried that much of new cars but i still find bmw m6 the most comfortable car, maybe because i have ~70h of gameplay with it.

5. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

oops my bad it still seems fast

6. Is there a list somewhere for what tracks get what BoP? I forgot to write it down when I came across it a few months ago.

Anyhow I did run a few pace comparisons around the Hungaroring yesterday, didn't record my lap times however. I found the Lexus and NSX to be the fastest out of the new cars for me at the circuit, the Ferrari is still the fastest overall for me but that's because of the old hotlap event. The Lexus has very nice brakes and a very pointy nose, a bit on-edge coming out of corners but it's manageable. The NSX is really lacking in braking performance, but it's very stable through the corners and lets me push hard.
    I also ran laps at Spa yesterday with all the cars, found the 911 GT3 to be the fastest around there (putting in 2:20s consistently).

I'll try to write down times for the circuits I try with all the new cars.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Maybe because it doesn't have as much aero as some of the others.

8. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Certainly glad to see these numbers, just means I am in the hunt and can try to get better.

9. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Not that it's a clear indication of BoP, but in a few AI races I've done the NSX is always bringing up the rear. Don't know if it was just luck of the draw each time or if it operates in AI at a disadvantage as an AM car.

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Aris has already said the NSX is an uncompetitive car. He said we should wait for the EVO version with the 2019 update, which solves the issues on the original car and is actually good.

manudouet and D.Jankovic like this.
  11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I've been doing very similar BoP test but using the Hotlap session....Noon, Optimal track and clear conditions and aggressive default setup as well.
    I'm really impressed with the BoP so far. My times are in red. Haven't tried Brands Hatch tho and times in the old cars were pre v1.0.

2) Monza (lap time and average top speed)
    Porsche 911 GT3: 1.49.6 (272) 1:49.7
    Mercedes AMG: 1.49.3 (271) 1:49.6
    Audi R8 GT3: 1.49.3 (273) 1:50.0
    Lambo GT3: 1.49.3 (275) 1:49.4
    Bentley (18): 1.50.2 (267)
    McLaren GT3: 1.49.5 (273) 1:50.0
    Ferrari 1:49.9
    Jaguar 1:49.4
    Bentley (16) 1:49.7
    GT-R (18) 1:49.8
    BMW 1:49.6

Looks like you and I would have some fun racing each other ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Chriss and Mitja Bonca like this.
  12. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

There's like 4-5 BoPs in the blacpain, so only a track is not representative of it ;)

13. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Monza updated, Aston Martin added.

So today's morning was like: get up early, eat 5min white bread breakfast, hug wife goodbye (she needs to work today), go fire-up ACC :D:D

Erik Frisen, tbhockeyboy and ManroV like this.
  14. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

I'm benchmarking on Misano, have a file/spreadsheet at home with exact numbers, but the Audi and Ferrari run fastest for me. The Audi however is very unstable at the rear.

Overall, the new Bentley is by far overpowered, I expect a nerf like they did with the BMW to be incoming.

15. Don't compare these times to the OP's, my methodology is different. I'm running the default Safe Setup for all cars, and track conditions are Optimal (5 PM).

Circuit Paul Ricard lap times:
    Audi R8 LMS - 1:56.457 (video)
    Ferrari 488 - 1:56.028 (video) Reached 281 km/h on the Mistral straight, highest of all cars I tested.
    Mercedes AMG - 1:57.064
    Porsche 911 GT3 - 1:57.522
    Acura NSX - 1:57.924
    Lexus RC F - 1:56.751
    Jaguar G3 - 1:57.504
    V12 Vantage - 1:57.864
    Bentley Continental 2018 - 1:57.237 (Is faster but driving on the right hand side throws me off)
    BMW M6 - 1:55.662 (Old hotlap event gave me plenty of practice prior to this lap)
    Nissan GTR 2018 - 1:57.459 (1:57.499 video) Was a fun lap, had to really try for this one.
    McLaren 650S - 1:58.167 (Struggled with this one, almost feels like a car of a different class)
    Huracan GT3 - 1:56.133 (video)

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  16. Chriss

Chriss Racer

cool stuff @Hexadecimator! May I compile your times into a spreadsheet and put in the first post as well? While the method is different, we still see some interesting things (that the NSX is indeed slow, that the Ferrari is competitive in current BoP, ...).

With @FelixR1991 times for Misano (please post them once you get home :)), we'll soon have some nice data for many different tracks. Not objective data, but still nice data.

17. Sure thing, go ahead.
    The NSX is pretty good through the tighter corners and is pretty stable as well (maybe because it's underpowered?). The only thing holding it back for me are the brakes...

Chriss likes this.
  18. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I'm doing the testing in Catalunya, will post my results when I'll finish.
    Planing on doing two tracks testing, Catalunya and Spa. (to udentify the best cornering cars, and the best high speed track cars)

david m likes this.
  19. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Awesome mate!! Let me know when you're done and I can add your times to the first post.

I'm gonna do Nurburgring next

20. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Credits to you guys! Thank you very much for your time/work!

21. Rioku

Rioku Racer

I´ll have a try