1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reiter Gallardo... I think I shot my self in the foot?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by eRacer212, May 31, 2019.

1. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Hi there, in career mode I chose the Reiter Gallardo (because I wanted to try something different). That thing is fast, like real fast. But it suffers of a huge amount of understeer, even with low traction control.
    So, I wonder, how could I fix it? What are your tricks for this? Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting No hand movement in the Reiter Gallardo... Apr 3, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Reiter Engineering AI Aug 2, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Reiter Engineering R-EX GT3 - 2 bugs v1.0.1 Jun 8, 2019
    3D car models Sareni camaro & reiter engineering - gt3 et gt racecar - v.1.3.2 Sep 26, 2014
    ACC Physics Gallardo physics Dec 1, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Kunos, please remove the Gallardo R-EX from the opponents list Jun 19, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Flipping Gallardo May 31, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Is there a way to avoid the Gallardo R-EX? May 30, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Gallardo SL and SL Step 3 downforce too low. Apr 11, 2017
    Console Lounge "BMW M4 Akrapovic" / "Gallardo SL S3" - Please Kunos, we want them! Feb 4, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues problema gallardo sl Sep 24, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Gallardo SL headlights coloured in mirrors Jul 27, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lamborghini Gallardo Parking caliper Jul 8, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Lamborgini Gallardo SL wind barely audible Jun 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room I love Lamborghini Gallardo May 5, 2016

3. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

I would probably soften front anti roll bars and maybe brake bias a little to the rear.. Not an expert but maybe this could help a little :p

Also decrease camber an less front tyre pressure but you probably already did that

4. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I have to try this, because the car just won't turn. Turn 2 and 3 in Zolder? second gear at best.

5. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Also are you sure you are not locking tyres? Couple clicks for more ABS could help too

6. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

It has to be either me, or the setup, the car cannot be the problem, this car is a winner. I found an article about its participation in Spa 24. It has to be a setup issue.

Reiter Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ at the Total 24h de Spa
    [​IMG]
    By Mark Smeyers on July 31. 2012 in LamboNEWS.

The highlight of the Blancpain Endurance Series 2012 took place on the 7km long track of Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium. A total of 67 cars were entered by teams from all over the world who wanted to take part in this spectacular event. Naturally the Reiter/Blancpain Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ was present too ... a team of four pilots took the wheel of the Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+: Marc A. Hayek (CEO and president of Blancpain, CHE), Peter Kox (NLD), Jos Menten (NLD) and Albert von Thurn und Taxis (DEU).

After the various qualifying sessions it became obvious the race would be very exciting, and would feature some very close driving ... twelve cars set a qualifying time no less than one second apart from the pole position. The Lamborghini entered by Reiter Engineering managed to secure a 7th starting position with Peter Kox behind the steering wheel, this meant an impressive fourth row overall between some very strong competition.

The Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ was entered in the Pro-Am class, were it took a very respectable third qualifying time. Talking to Hans Reiter on Saturday before the race he made it clear this position could possibly been improved during the "super pole" qualifying session planned on Friday when the top 20 qualifying times from the Thursday sessions would go head to head for another shootout, the car was ready, the drivers were ready and the tires were prepared ... and the session was cancelled thanks to the great Belgian weather at that time ... it would be too dangerous to qualify in those conditions so the starting grid remained fixed using the timings from Thursday.

At 16:00 on Saturday conditions were good, the track was dry and the start of the 2012 Total 24 hours de Spa event went perfect ... but it didn't take long for the Belgian rain clouds to visit the Spa Francorchamps circuit again with heavy rain resulting in several accidents that would lead to sixteen exits for the safety car ... and we all know this seriously interrupt the well-rehearsed driving rhythm of these professional drivers.

The race continued however, and the Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ prepared by Reiter Engineering managed to keep up very well with the top of the group, in fact the Raging Bull managed to secure the pole position in the Pro-Am class several hours in a row, the pilots kept the V10 Bull firmly on the track, which wasn't easy from time to time with the excessive rain ... but after little over 8 hours into the race bad luck struck for the Lamborghini.

The Gallardo LP600+ had to make a pit stop because one of the wheel nuts cracked, the car left for the track again ... only to being forced into another pit stop because a wheel bearing got damaged ... these unforeseen pit stops made the Lamborghini drop to a 22nd position ... but thanks to the massive efforts by the drivers and the team they managed to climb through the pack and reach a very nice 9th position overall by sunrise, this meant a 4th place in their class !

Again the Raging Bull from Reiter Engineering was keeping up with the best of the best for hours in a row, but the stress wasn't over yet, towards the end of the 24 hours Mark A. Hayek took the wheel for the final stint ... only to freak out the team when he contacted them with the rather bad news he couldn't avoid colliding a left over part on the track ... just to make sure it was safe to continue the team made the difficult decision to call the car in for a quick check up ... everything looked fine and the car continued the final laps with a broken front spoiler.

After 24 hours of pushing the limits, the Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ from Reiter Engineering with number 24 on the sides managed to finish in 11th position overall, 6th in the Pro-Am class with 486 laps of the Spa Francorchamps circuit ... note that the pole position taken by an Audi R8GT did 509 laps in total, only 23 laps more ... which makes the performance of the Gallardo LP600+ even more impressive.

Marc A. Hayek:
    “It was a great race with an excellent result, despite our small technical problems and the bad weather. The team did a fantastic job. They were focused and very quick with the necessary repairs”.

Peter Kox:
    “My start was good and I kept up with the top group. Finishing the race was important to us and we succeeded, achieving a fantastic result. We are just a small team and we compete against the other big manufacturers which worked out well. The team did an excellent job and the car was perfectly prepared for the event. Hans (Reiter) was the race engineer and he also developed the strategy. That was perfect and worked well up until the end”.

Jos Menten:
    “Our start into the race was great and we were aware of the fact that we would achieve a good result if we managed to complete the race. We actually had a good chance of a place on the podium and we proved that the Lamborghini is not only able to complete a race but that it can keep up with the other competitors. We lost a few places due to some small things but we will be back next year and then we will be even stronger”.

Albert von Thurn und Taxis:
    “It was my first 24-hour race and a fantastic experience. At first, I was a little skeptical. I am not used to sharing the track with and having to overtake so many cars. Doing that without losing too much time is a real challenge. We are able to keep up with the competitors and defend ourselves against the professionals. A 24-hour race is a completely different experience. It is not about pushing constantly but about driving the car at a high pace for 24 hours without overworking it. Hans (Reiter) had a great strategy which the team implemented effectively. A big complement to everyone involved!”

Hans Reiter (team principal):
    “It was a perfect weekend for us. I was pretty surprised about the fact that we were able to keep up at such a high level. We were at the top after the first 6 hours which shows our fantastic pace. Neither the drivers nor the team made any mistakes and everybody deserves praise. We had two technical problems which is too bad. However, we will continue working in order to avoid things like that and to be able to win races

7. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I'm not a setup expert (and haven't tried that car yet), but in general I find many of the cars to have more understeer than I would like. Little things I've tried and seem to help, in general (but some might be phantoms, not sure). Perhaps worth a try.
    - I find that reducing the front damper rebound setting seems to help.
    - I might reduce the front ARB one or two clicks. Or increase the rear ARB slightly.
    - I seem to find that reducing the diff preload also helps.
    - you really have to make sure that you are off the brake, or only lightly, to allow the car to turn in. Shifting brake balance more to the rear also helps for me. Sometimes a really light tap or pressure on the brakes will just stop the sliding and get them to grip up again.

Maybe some of those things are completely wrong, or conflicting. I don't know. Ready to learn though.

8. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

They won in 2012. We're 7 years on from that, cars have developed since then allowing for better aero/suspension/whatnot. Can't find any recent results of that car but I doubt it is any good.

9. Bogies

Bogies Gamer

setup changes can make wonders but might not always get you the result you want even having spent hours of testing and fiddling around, haven't tried the car either yet, but maybe its just the characteristics of the car, also track might not suit the car.
    Im sure the car makes up the time loss you get through those 2 corners somewhere else.
    what u can try is mess around with front wheelrates, front rollbars and toe

10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Tried out the car/track combo to see what it's like. Wasn't enjoying the aggressive default setup, car felt really unstable. What I did to make it more driveable is turn down the rear bumps from 37 to 23, added 2 clicks front suspension and 4 clicks rear suspension stiffness. You have to be really smooth with your inputs when driving this car.
    Got my time down to 1.29.3 with those changes in Hotlap practice session at 16:00. Not happy yet with the setup, only spent about 20 minutes with the car/track. It made the car a lot better to drive tho.
    Don't think this car will ever be competitive around Zolder tbh.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Freddie Seng and eRacer212 like this.
  11. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Nice test. Thank you for your review of the car. Perhaps is too old to be even mid of the pack?

12. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The car was a winner in 2012. :)
    It has great top speed but lacks everywhere else, no wonder in 2018 it only competed in low-downforce tracks (and got badly beaten everywhere apart from Monza).

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Coanda, Dookie, Pheebau and 2 others like this.
  13. It is currently my favorite car....figures it would be the slow one....lol

Coanda and LeDude83 like this.
  14. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

same here LOL

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Don't feels like it will be competitive, no. Think most of the other cars will be able to outpace it.

16. Bogies

Bogies Gamer

As long you like it and feels good then keep using it and try to nail the setup for it, i personally cant drive with the car i dont like, even if it is the fastest one out there :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Isn't lowering your rear wing the first thing you try to fight understeer?

18. Bogies

Bogies Gamer

It really depends, there are too many factors, I usually mess around with the suspension first, and later on with the wing, but like i said it really depends.

19. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Don't think so, lower rear wing equals happy tail. Zolder, Monza and PRicard look very attractive for low wings... but they are missleading tracks. The long straights are followed by high speed corners where the rear wing will keep you on track. I tried ultra low wing in PRicard (Ferrari 588) and I didn't feel a huge gain in top speed tbh. But I couldn't corner as well as with a higher wing setting.

It might be also a matter of playing with Caster, Toe and Camber.

Bogies likes this.
  20. If somebody makes a good (stable, balanced, hopefully fast) setup, especially for Brands Hatch, plz share.

21. Bogies

Bogies Gamer

The thing with setups is that it might not suit your driving style, i have tried setup where the lapt imes are really fast but i was slower with it then using my own setups