1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

v1.0 BoP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Chriss, May 30, 2019.

1. Ping2High

Ping2High Rookie

Am i blind or is the Jag missing from the time sheets?
    Also gonna do some laps probably around Zolder and Nurburgring. I will post them here, later.

Chriss likes this.
  2. Chriss

Chriss Racer

you are not blind :) it's missing from my table and I need to add it.

Can you do Zolder first?

3. Ping2High

Ping2High Rookie

Good. I'm glad that I'm blind already... Sure i will do Zolder first.

4. Ping2High

Ping2High Rookie

Good. I'm glad that I'm blind already... Sure i will do Zolder first.

5. Tkeg

Tkeg Gamer

Are the cars the same on all tracks (like in AC) or is there BoP track-by-track in ACC?

6. Chriss

Chriss Racer

each track category in Blancpain has their own BoP

7. James P

James P Simracer

@Chriss I will do some tests around Nurburgring over the weekend and post my results here (I use that track the most for back to back setup work so consider myself the most consistent there). I will do more of a race run at say 90% pace and average over say 7-8 laps for each car instead of out and out qualifying laps and see what I get back. Will publish the average lap time here.

8. Tkeg

Tkeg Gamer

Is that simulated in ACC? That's what I'm asking :D

Chriss likes this.
  9. junneh

junneh Gamer

Ive been doing something similar myself. I did find that some presets are much better then others between some cars.

This is especially clear in Spa, Where some presets are just plain bad.

I have results for Spa and am working on Zolder if you are interested.

Primetime likes this.
  10. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Search for sro track category

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hexadecimator likes this.
  11. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Yes that's exactly my goal: to compare reliable in-race laptime, not "best eva" youtoube quali lap times. Looking much forward to your findings!

12. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@junneh to have your results would be awesome! I agree with you regarding the setup. E.g. I have the feeling the McLaren ist not bad at all, it's just "hindered" a bit by the standard aggressive setup perhaps?

13. fabT

fabT Alien

What about Spa?

14. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Nurburgring results added.

My personal conclusions so far are as follows:
    1) Most of the cars are really really close performance-wise on different tracks. Kunos well done!
    2) It seems that some of the complaints have been solved with v1.0 - Ferrari can compete well in different tracks, BMW is by far not the fastest car, ...
    3) Just like IRL, the Porsche is so fast in the (slow) corners that it had to be significantly penalized in terms of BoP
    4) The NSX is rather slow (as advised previously by Aris)
    5) The 2018 Bentley is not overpowered, it actually sits in the mix quite nicely
    6) The Lexus is a hell of a car and something like the "hidden star" of v1.0 (atleast with standard aggressive setup)

15. James P

James P Simracer

I have only driven the Lexus and the Porsche so far. In my opinion, the Lexus is extremely stable on the brakes and is very agile. You can be very aggressive on the initial phase of the corner and trail brake hard. Once you have the car rotated mid corner it is all about balancing the throttle as it can become quite a handful (in a good way). Has a very neutral bias and there is little to no understeer, its braking performance is awesome.

In summary, agile, great brakes, stable in the entry phase of the corner, and then its about managing the oversteer on exit.

The Porsche is all about the entry and mid phase of the corner from my findings. Like the Lexus it has phenomenal braking performance and you can go extremely deep into the corner. Patience I find is the biggest attribute to be fast in this car. Once you are mid corner you allow the car rotate with a bit of lift off oversteer and weight transfer once you get off the brakes. Then it is all about patience and waiting for the front end to dig in. The final part of the corner is the Porsches party piece. Once you have the car settled mid corner and rotated you can rely on that rear engine traction and floor the throttle to give you a fantastic exit. I agree, in the slow corners you can use the rear engine oversteer nature of the car to be ultra quick. In the faster corners you have to manage understeer.

In summary, like the Lexus its braking performance is great, can trail brake hard, It is agile and the slow speed change of direction is great. Mid corner is about patience and managing the weight transfer of the heavy rear end and using it to pull the front end in. Then on exit the traction is incredible thanks to that rear engine layout.

Lexus sounds incredible, howling away.

I just wish the Porsche sounded as good as it drove. Hopefully the devs will tweak the transmission whine to be more prominent. At the moment the GT3R is very muffled.

Will do the race runs with the rest of the cars over the weekend and report my findings. So far they seem to have the individual car characteristics and behaviour nailed. They all require different driving styles to be quick.

Freddie Seng and Chriss like this.
  16. Primetime

Primetime Rookie

Interested in Zolder results, Ferrari (I'm driving it since pre-launch) seems to carry a lot less speed than 0.7.2,
    I'm curious to see what other cars can do usually in MP pole was between 1:29/28s now times are more between low 1:30/31s very few 1:29s

17. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Misano times for the car's I've done.

Aston: 1:35.811
    Audi: 1:35.400
    Bentley18: 1:35.967
    Bentley15*: 1:35.613
    BMW: 1:36.096
    Ferrari: 1:35.496
    Honda: 1:37.320 (want to revisit this one to be sure)
    Jaguar*: 1:35.232
    LamboREX: 1:36.066
    LamboGT3: 1:36.270
    LamboST: /
    Lexus: 1:36.948
    Mclaren: 1:36.273
    Mercedes: /
    Nissan18*: 1:35.517
    Nissan15: /
    PorscheCup: /
    PorscheGT3: 1:36.507

Asterisks are for 0.7.2 times, I reckon those are about half a second faster than I would be able to do so now due to changes in the ABS and other stuff.

Chriss likes this.
  18. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@James P thanks for that very detailed write-up - love it! And totally agree. The cars have truly different "flavors" and require different driving styles to be fast in them. Some want to be treated very softly, nimbly, balancing with great calmness through the turns. Some others want to be beaten and smashed into hairpins like crazy :D

@Primetime I made the same observations that generally lap times are 0.8-1.5 secs slower than in v0.7.2. I guess that is due to BoP, improved tyre model and (ABS) brake performance

Primetime likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Funny thing with such "limited content" Its hard to even give most of it a proper run. My runs have pretty much all been in dynamic conditions so I have no real data. In a server with some friends with most of us trying a few cars it can be seen which cars may be a touch better but its also mostly default agressive which is ok in some but not so great in all. I suspect these may be tweaked over time as the defaults overall in the EA builds seemed a bit better baseline for all.

Running at Spa still even the slower cars have maybe only been 2 or 3 seconds down over a 20 to 30 minute race. Some are very agressive like the Porsche and it turns in so nice but then wants to keep turning lol. Then getting into most other cars they feel very lazy but lap times really arent too far apart.

Its cool having a nice mix of cars that all feel quite different but you can have a reasonable race in all of them. Even picking the ones your slower in makes for a better challenge if it puts you a little further back in the pack. ;)

20. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@FelixR1991 thanks mate, added to the first post. Very well driven :) With your agreement I have only included the v1.0 lap times as indeed there seems to be a difference compared to the v0.7.2 times