1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I watch races for almost 30 years, and never seen something like it. So this race was really just one off, and no need to put it into account, considering weather.

2. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

I think they had variability turned up too high at Brands Hatch. Also their temperature was below the minimum. Highly unrealistic! That's probly why so many drivers had problems. GT cars obviously can't run below 10C.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  3. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

... but laptimes were still fast (1.22 as best).

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I believe that was sarcasm.

5. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

From 0:38 to 0:46 a man standing on a drone... It's the first time I ever see this, it's amazing :eek:
    Seeing from Youtube, it's Flyboard Air actually...

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Have you ever seen this on a drone? :p:D:cool:

4:32 onwards...

Jebus likes this.
  7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I've been caught out a couple of times by dynamic weather in-game now, and have a question. ATM, the weather forecast app that pops up in the bottom right of the screen will tell me if there is rain coming, but I'm not able to infer if this is a light shower on its way or a torrential downpour. Am I misreading something? Feels like IRL a team would know roughly what magnitude of weather is on its way so you can plan for it.

8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

There are different icons for the different rain severities. At least I recall having seen an icon with a lightning, and another one with a lightning but in yellow. I guess the first one is heavy rain and the second is thunderstorm.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    tjr likes this.
  9. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Also you have a cloud and 3 and 4 drops (or 4 and 5, not sure). So there are at least 4 different icons for severity of raining.

tjr likes this.
  10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Ok, thanks. I'll look out for that.

11. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Thanks. Will pay more attention to the icons next time.

12. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

4 and 5 (not or).
    Fixed my upper post accordingly.

13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Thank you for the random weather option Amazing

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Just need random time hehe

15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

You have to keep going back into the menu and enabling random track settings.?!

Which means you keep seeing the settings you will get for the session.

@Lord Kunos @Aristotelis (not sure who else to cc)

Thank you hope this helps

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Alex1996 likes this.
  16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Also the way that dry to wet is a 100% scale there's always a high possibility if having a wet track on random..

Think the margin for a dry track needs to be larger.

Alex1996 and GRFOCO like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I just did a clear sunny practice session at Brands Hatch at 8 am and the air temperature was 28 degrees. Can someone explain to me how that is possible in England?

18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Kunos lazy devs! :D

Cote Dazur, Ischemica, Arlo and 3 others like this.
  19. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Climate change, tell your friends about it. :)

Cote Dazur, Ischemica, Arlo and 5 others like this.
  20. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Everything is possible, for example it's 19 degrees in Sicily today (and it's JUNE) :D:D:D

Cote Dazur and Coanda like this.