1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Nic Kowalski

Nic Kowalski Rookie

Same here, since I bought TrackIR, I can't think of racing (or flying) without it. Hoping to see it implemented soon!

2. matias918

matias918 Gamer

same here , assetto corsa support it and this one no , looks like a joke.

3. Silpa

Silpa Rookie

Hi Dev's. Pleeeaaassseee TrackIR in ACC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Tom Roberts

Tom Roberts Gamer

Chucking in my +1 to this one!

5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

At least we have look-with-wheel back in. Still holding out for TrackIR support though. I would hope that the Devs would tell us if it definitely wasn't coming.

6. hendrixxx352

hendrixxx352 Rookie

We need answers...please

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

JonnyHoonIt likes this.
  7. Please Kudos, give us trackir support !!! Thanks in advance

8. poupoule

poupoule Rookie

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  9. Kunos add Head Tracking support as soon as possible please. Every semi-decent racing sim has supported head tracking. Head Tacking is a requirement for many, not "a nice to have feature". I would have not bought into EA had I of known tracking wouldn't be added for Version 1.0.

10. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Wow, no TrackIR? Did they say they would implement it before launch or have they not said anything? I thought I read that they were going to add it later in the development of the game. Seems insane to not include it since it's really easy to implement.

Do you think it's possible that there's a marketing restriction or some financial restriction? Do they have to pay NaturalPoint a portion of the profits from the game? Licensed games are always less profitable because of the license being so expensive and restrictive in terms of content. I wonder if the devs are just trying to maximize profits.

11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

You could have started by reading the first page of this thread, but still I can say to you that Kunos didn't said it would be supported either before launch or after. Just that it is/was a low priority feature.
    And I very much doubt there are any restrictions whatsoever, other than, as said above, be considered a low priority.

As for the rest of your questions/implied considerations, they have nothing to do with TrackIR support and are completely unfounded.

I’m very much interested in having TrackIR in ACC and I think that, for what I read in this thread, many others are also, probably more than initially anticipated, but, even if I would be much happier to be able to use it already in ACC, you putting questions that imply unfounded considerations, just to vent how unhappy you may be, I think that's completely unreasonable.

12. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Wow, calm down Luis. I'm just speculating. I never accused anyone of anything and never implied anything. If you knew how easy this implementation was, you too would wonder why it wasn't implemented, even in the last hour before launch. I work in marketing as do members of my family who regularly work with licenses from huge brands and I have first hand knowledge of the very strange restrictions that are often placed and huge expenses involved with licensed products. No need for you to feel the need to stomp on speculation when a promised feature is suddenly not implemented.

13. nohaycuchara

nohaycuchara Rookie

assetto corsa have trackir.........and srs

14. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

And? ACC is a completely different code base using a completely different engine.

UE4 doesn’t support TrackIR so ACC doesn’t either. Of course many of us hope they can work around the engines limitation but the devs have much bigger priorities.

15. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I experimented with look with wheel today, hoping that it woulda be a TrackIR substitute. It’s not. It confuses me as to where the car is actually pointing plus it started making me queasy. Won’t be trying that again

16. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

In which case, Kunos have just lost a huge portion of their potential audience / customers by building a racing sim using an engine that doesn't support Track IR.

I imagine a lot of people have/are buying ACC on the assumption it supports TrackIR, since AC and virtually every other racing and flying sim does. I think it is only fair that a note is somehow put on the advertising page to the effect that "this product does not currently support TrackIR and support for Triples is niave".

ATM, it is sad that I cannot recommend ACC to others unless they have VR, very wide monitors, or are happy with unrealistic high FOVs.

17. Nox

Nox Racer

Freetrack headtracking plugin for Unreal Engine 4

and FERNBUS SIMULATOR(Unreal Engine 4.13) supports track ir and right mirrors!!

18. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

That is a plugin, therefor it isn't part of the UE4 engine and not the responsibility of the UE4 team. It is pretty easy to find the UE4 devs position on the subject of incorporating it into the engine.

I read that there is licensing required to incorporate TrackIr, it is one of the UE4 devs stumbling blocks so even though I am sure it is technically feasible, it doesn't mean Kunos can just go and do it, commercial considerations (I wonder how many used it in AC regularly) and licensing limitations can also kill it.

Hopefully when the devs are a little less under the gun they can fill us in on the intentions and put it in the FAQ.

Nox likes this.
  19. Evert G

Evert G Rookie

For me the absence of TrackIR is a big downer. Kartkraft has promised TrackIR implementation and Fernbus already has it so it is not an issue due to the Unreal engine. Looking at the forum, I'd say TrackIR is the most requested feature at the moment.

KillZoneGB and Nox like this.
  20. Nox

Nox Racer

Come on, Lord Kunos, tell us if and when it comes:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: