1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACCDirector v1.0.4 broadcast client

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ZioYuri78, May 29, 2019.

1. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

UPDATES

ACCDirector 1.0.4
    • Broadcast Protocol Version 4

ACCDirector 1.0.3
    • Hud Pages panel bug fix.
    • now in Connection panel the Connection Password and Command Password are hidden by default (you can click the small eye on the right to unhide them).
    • resize in windowed mode will no longer maintain the aspect ratio (aka resize as you want but it will not be saved).
    • added very simple message log at the bottom of Connection panel.
    know issues:
    • it can maybe crash with a Fatal Error
    • Helicamera and interior camera still not available, Camera Set2 still not work.
    • a tons of other things

ACCDirector 1.0.2
    • Settings panel: Windowed Fullscreen mode available.
    • Connection panel: ip, port, ... now autosave.
    • Camera Sets panel: new design, big buttons for track camera sets
    [​IMG]

ACCDirector 1.0.1
    • Auto Sort and Sort will request a new cars list only if the client is connected.
    • Car delta time color change when is negative/positive (green/red).
    • Removed "Greenscreen" mode.
    • Now the client autosave the last panels position.
    • Fixed Highlights list scrollbar color.
    • Added a replay progress bar at the bottom of Highlights panel.
    • Now in the Settings panel you can change the resolution and switch between fullscreen and windowed mode.

LINKS

ACCDirector 1.0.0 download link.
    ACCDirector 1.0.0 source code available on GitHub.

INTRO
    Hi all,
    super happy to announce ACCDirector, a broadcast client application for ACC, this app is really similar to the official client made by Kunos.

All the panels are movable (click on the name or on an area that doesn't is a button or a checkbox and drag it).

PRELIMINARY STEPS
    1) Setup ACC to enable broadcasting:
    Edit your Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json
    and at least set a updListenerPort. This config mirrors the test client's default values, so you can just click Connect:

Code:
    {
        "updListenerPort": 9000,
        "connectionPassword": "asd",
        "commandPassword": ""
    }
    2) Start a race session in Single Player or join a Multiplayer server

3) In the Connection panel, press "Connect". If the configuration matches the small checkbox in the Connection panel will become green.

Source.

OVERVIEW
    [​IMG]

0) Toolbar
    The toolbar is always visible, you can use it to hide/unhide the other panels.

[​IMG]

1. Connection
    2. Session info
    3. Camera
    4. HUD
    5. Leaderboard
    6. Replay
    7. Settings
    1) Connection panel
    Super easy, this panel let you connect the client to the game, fields are the same of official client. (in this image we already have connected to the game).

VERY IMPORTANT!

Press the Connect button only after you have launched a Single Player or Multiplayer session!

[​IMG]

2) Session Info
    In this simple panel you can see some basic infos about the current session like the track name, temperatures, best session lap.
    [​IMG]
    3) Camera panel
    The camera panel will show you all the available camera sets of the track, you can click on the buttons to select on which set you want to see the race, it will automatically cicle all the selected set cameras.
    [​IMG]

4) HUD Panel
    This panel let you change the game HUD

[​IMG]

5) Leaderboard

The leaderboard, this panel show you all the cars that joined the session plus some info about the current selected car.
    [​IMG]
    • Auto sort: if checked the leaderboard will be automatically sorted every 10 seconds.
    • Auto scroll: if checked it will scroll the list to the current selected car when the leaderboard is sorted.
    • Sort: this button is enabled only when Auto sort is disabled, use it to manually sort the leaderboard.
    Every car entry give you some info like:
    • P(n): is the current car "grid position"
    • N.Lastname #n: is the car driver name and number
    • +01.365: is the delta to the best lap time of the car
    • Track Position: PL (Pit Lane), PO (Pit Out), PI (Pit In), TR (car on track)
    • n: number of laps
    The Car info panel at the bottom give you info about the current selected car like:
    • Car model
    • Team name
    • Cup Category
    • Driver Category
    • Last lap time
    • Best lap time

6) Replay panel
    This panel give you some control on instant replay and highlights (very WIP, sometime work, sometime not work :()
    [​IMG]
    • Replay the last: these buttons let you start the replay of the last 10/30/60 seconds of the current selected car
    • Highlights filters: these checkbox let you filter out what kind of events will be reported in the below scroll box
    • Highlights entries: based on the above filters every "event" will appear here, you can click on the entry to start a replay of the event (WIP), the big X on the right let you remove the entry, the limit of entries we can "store" is 30, over 30 the panel will stop report new entries until you will not delete some of the oldest.
    7) Settings
    Settings panel is super easy, it allow you to change resolution and toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode.
    [​IMG]

Know Issues
    A lot but i will list them later (or maybe not) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    C3PO, Brado23, Kefuddle and 21 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACCDirectorAssistant Broadcasting client Apr 10, 2021

3. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Great work man!

ZioYuri78 likes this.
  4. ZioYuri78

Thank you! If you have suggestions or an idea for a new panel post it here, also bug reports.

chargingcar likes this.
  5. rex81

rex81 Gamer

Why is your app not connected to ACC?

6. ZioYuri78

Have you launched a Single Player session or joined a Multiplayer server before hit the Connect button?

7. rex81

rex81 Gamer

Yes.

8. ZioYuri78

Uhm, maybe you need to set the port on ACC

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...s-talk-about-broadcasting-users-thread.53828/

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  9. rex81

rex81 Gamer

Already working, after a more fresh installation I forgot to assign the port, thanks for the app, now I can test.

ZioYuri78 likes this.
  10. dd_rambo

dd_rambo Rookie

Is it possible to launch ACCDirector on a separate screen?
    I have ACC on my main-screen and I want to have ACCD on my second screen.

11. ZioYuri78

Sure, press F11 to switch on windowed mode and move it where you need :)

12. dd_rambo

dd_rambo Rookie

Awesome, thanks :)

13. FX2K

FX2K Racer

One thing I would love to see is some form of 'auto-director' similar perhaps to what RaceRoom offers.
    Basically, it analyses the timings and things like that to decide on which car to focus on, i.e if a car is < .5 behind another it gains "weight" based on how close it is. There are other factors too which can add weight to a car for potential exposure, such as if they are in a yellow flag zone etc. The one with the most weight is focused on for a period of time before being re-evaluated.
    During focus, after a short time say 10 - 15 seconds, the camera can switch to give a different perspective.

This allows for it to be used to broadcast without requiring anybody to control it and keep an eye on the action, great for clubs where everybody wants to race and not actually sit there controlling cameras.
    95% of our youtube videos are done from R3E without intervention, if you wanted to see an example and it works really well, for the most part.
    i.e

Do you think something like this be a possibility?

Ernie and menos | M6 like this.
  14. ZioYuri78

Yes, is possible (or at least something similar), it will take time but i can do it, i have to decide if put my energy on web and mobile version of ACCD or in this "auto director" feature.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Ernie, Jeffaffa, menos | M6 and 6 others like this.
  15. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Nice to hear it's possible, I understand things take time and you have to prioritise... Personally, I think it would be awesome and would benefit lots of people (especially clubs/leagues)
    Not many titles offer such a feature, which is a shame.

16. ZioYuri78

The only cons is that who run ACCD still has to be a spectator, i can't avoid it.

17. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Yeah, that's expected. Currently, I have a second machine setup to run R3E. I basically join as a spectator, set the auto-director going and the stream, then hop over to my rig and race ;)
    Would do the same with ACC if it becomes possible.

18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Came to ask exactly this.. what are the possibilities of seeing a mobile app that you can use to be director..that would be amazing..

moneypizzle and Son like this.
  19. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Racer

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

mh why?

21. ZioYuri78

UE4 will do the "big stuff", i only have to test a build and see if i have to add some code for the wi-fi connection.

I don't know OSC but i think you can do it, on my own i'm using UE4 because i know it pretty well and is easy for me make interfaces with UMG.

Has to be a spectator in the sense that you can't drive while the client is focusing others cars and cameras, i tried to drive with track cameras and is not a simple task :p

Or maybe i miss something o_O

Tim Larsen and D.Jankovic like this.