1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

stop enjoying your fruits and writing saucy blogs :p:D

Aristotelis likes this.
  2. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

On a more serious note, the clear preset is a hot summer day, use the custom preset to Englandify the temps. :)

Kopiller and Coanda like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

haha i'll just let that one go through to the keeper :p:D:cool:

[​IMG]

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks mate, that worked a treat :cool: sunny and 19 degrees :)

5. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Bloody cheek, doesn't rain here *all* the time, just most of it..but not today! :)
    IMG_20190601_182021.jpg

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

every time I've been to England it's miserable as f%$k... haha some good old aussie brit banta going on here :p:D:cool:

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Really enjoying the dynamic weather in MP, main issues still is that its hard to see the current temps in car. These are only available in the setup hud in race sessions, I think it would be good to have current temps on the top along with session time and always visible. Also the track condition in pit menu is nearly useless as it can be green/fast/optimum but also very damp to the point you cant get any temp into slicks.

Maybe it should say track moisture and rubber level so for example dry/green with track conditions such as dry for completely dry, minor puddles, partly damp, damp, wet and flooded would likely be a good indicator.

There should also be a basic forecast for the full weekend and giving session start times plus time scale along with session lengths for all sessions. You really have no idea when the next session will be, no clue of forecast etc so its a massive punt on tyres and pressures in each session. I do like running on the wrong tyres but someone joining for the first time into a server will have no idea if track is damp or dry until they do a lap.

Madsen, Kopiller and Coanda like this.
  8. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Since we are discussing dynamic weather here, can someone tell me how can I set the weather settings so that it is only foggy? I do not understand which setting implies fogginess, or is it not possible to set fog separately to rain. The game has a volumetric fog setting so there must be a way to voluntarily blind myself with thicc fog. xD

9. Hey Kunos, i like ACC and the options you have by the weather configuration. But can you give us the option to select the actual weather on the location of the real track? It would be nice to select the real weather.
    Thanks

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  10. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

In the meantime, I use Accuweather for this. Was the first site I found that gives cloud cover in a percentage. The track wetness and precipitation percentage still take some guesswork though.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Current temps are shown in the pit stop MFD. Doesn't look "hard to see" to me?

[​IMG]

Kopiller likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Personally I would prefer it in a separate widget and hopefully one day all hud widgets are movable and scalable.

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I prefer it out of the way and when I need it. When does a driver realistically have to know what temperature it is? Almost never.

And ultimately the crew engineer should tell you everything you need at the time you need it. That's the real missing feature here.

stephen_b likes this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Very hard to see in any session that's not a race. ;) Also the pit widget is huge and takes up so much screen space, plus you need to scroll through the MFD pages to get to that.

Being able to see temps at a quick glance without scrolling through 4 pages of mfd then noting the temps then scrolling back to timing or positions isn't exactly very easy even in a race when this page actually exists.

Coanda likes this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The driver wouldn't need to know at all if someone else was the engineer, you need to drive and make the changes yourself. Seeing temps dropping will give a good idea of what changes to pressures you need to make. If your not running dynamic conditions and mostly optimum perfect hotlap only conditions the temps don't mean anything, running dynamic conditions they are very important.

Not only for the current session but to take mental notes for future sessions as the temps change, you will have a better idea of what to do if the next session starts in those conditions or if its gone up or down in temps. Now if you finish a practice or qualy session and didn't have time to go to pits before the session is over, you have no idea what temps it finished at. So the start of the next session is just a blind guess for where to start your pressures at or even if you should run wets or slicks, seeing it can say optimum fast or green but these can still be pretty wet.

Coanda likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

In a session other than a race you'd return to the pits to make any changes anyway. So why do you need to know the temperature while driving?

You can do so already.

17. Abyss 3

Abyss 3 Rookie

+1

F1Aussie and Max Melamed like this.
  18. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Random weather is awesome! Race is so dynamic now... No more drivers 500laps per day cruising dry track with the same temp like it was in AC :D Now you need some average setup... nobody knows what track condition going to be. Just amazing!

BUT! I found wet spots are not drying out... Is there any information how fast they suppose to dry out? We had 40m race, time x5. Wet spots at the start... and the same ones at the finish. 25 cars on track. Shouldnt they dry out from the cars and good weather?

Thank you

Cote Dazur and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Weather is not affected by time multiplier, so is reasonable that some puddles doesn't dry in 40 or 60mins.

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I entered a SP quick race and I noticed when I had the grip level set to "optimum" it would change to "fast" on both weather widgets. This happened on a cloudy preset or custom preset 55% cloud cover. The air temp was 27 degrees and the track temp was 34 degrees. Maybe this is fine and correct. What do you think?