1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your approach to car choice

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jun 3, 2019.

?

What's your approach to car choice?

1. I nearly always drive the same car

67.4%
  2. I rarely drive the same car for too long

32.6%
  1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Ever since AC1, I never seem to be able to drive the same car for too long in a given class, to me it just gets boring and I feel like trying something different. So that got me curious: what's the general approach to this? Do you always stick with the same car, or do you always feel like trying something different like myself?

I'm not trying to create a pointless discussion like "people who can only drive one car are bad drivers" or something like that, I'm just curious.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Different approach!! Mar 22, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars CMR Bentley 107/108 LOD on the rear bumper changes when approached. Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Acc multiplayer and how is it going to be approached? Apr 5, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual bug while approaching to last corner at Nurburgring Dec 19, 2018
    Tracks modding How to approach tunnel lighting? Jan 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room What would be your favourite approach to Version 1.0? Feb 3, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wall appears when approaching (Vallelunga track) Jan 14, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Cars disappearing, but still in the session Apr 8, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports Ps5-Crashed startet Race carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes info for car position in map Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024

3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

For ACC I went with this to find out : 10 laps per track with any given car

Was most comfy with the 488, the ´18 Bentley, the Porsche 911 and the Audi R8 right behind that .

In AC I just drive whatever I can lay my hands on online or whatever I fancy, and I fancy them all from time to time .

4. baboon

baboon Alien

At first, I will drive all cars for many laps. Over time I will have two or three favorites on which I work on setups and know what works best on which track.

5. heffr0n

heffr0n Rookie

I just like to drive one car for a longer period, for me it adds realism. In my case it is the Lexus, mainly due to my own car being an old Lexus :p

6. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

I'm still kinda trying every car but I'll concentrate to learn the one I like the most (lexus or audi probably)

7. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I often change.
    Because I am unfortunately under the impression that it-can't-be-me..... .and it must be the car... :confused:
    To be more honest, I think the one of the reasons I change is to hear a different engine sound.

DAM83 and gumcha like this.
  8. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I have set up a one hour race at Spa with 24x time factor and 1 mandatory stop (I know, I know. There are other tracks too), and have been racing each car in that race. I haven't made it through all of the cars yet, but that's may plan. I was pleasantly surprised by the Lexus having been racing the mod version in AC, I wasn't expecting much.

9. Typically i switch cars way too often, but i do enjoy choosing something to run more long term (for a league etc) and getting to know it inside out with setup etc.
    And also I have a huge bias towards any cars I've made myself :D

pankykapus likes this.
  10. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

If I want to be more competitive i drive the same car (first Ferrari and Lambo). I use SP to test the other car. When I tried in MP new car never drove in a new track was a disaster. I prefer new car in old track or old car in new track. Expecially in Silverstone that is hard to get in my head (at the moment).

11. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick Rookie

Hi all, until I get the Porsche under control, with a decent time I will probably not use anything else at least for a while; and it doesn't look good at the moment!

Jerry. :(

12. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

I like the Porsche currently it is a slippery little devil and I figure if I can master that car then the others will be like a casual Sunday drive. Nissan and Bentley are good too. I like to pick a track and a car in any sim and hammer it for at least a week so once I have those 2 sorted I then look to see how cheeky and what I can get away with pushing and tackling the AI.

13. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick Rookie

Hi Bethasia, thank you for the reply and your input, I almost feel comfortable with the Porsche, but I cant seem to get any speed, currently 254 @ top ( with NO wing and No toe) and the AI just sail right by! " how embarrassment "

Jerry :confused:

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

TBH I don't get the appeal of the Porsche. It's a race car on which the engine position not only harms the center of gravity, but also the rotation inertia, so it's built wrong from the start. Not saying you people are wrong to like it, I just don't understand it.

15. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick Rookie

Hi Poguinhas, thank you for your reasoning; I suppose the main reason is I chosen the Porsche first is, had to sell mine over seven years ago (poor health and cancelled licence) and this is the only way I will ever get to drive one again, and on a 4K screen it looks just magnificent, even at my pace :)

Jerry

Poguinhas likes this.
  16. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

The poll is rigged.

Option "I always drive exclusively the Porsche"

… is obviously missing.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  17. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick Rookie

Hi Menos, Yes maybe they should add your mentioned option :)

Jerry

18. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

I hear you but the same could be said for any car I drive in regard to the AI. I got the game when it was 1 car and 1 track and watched it grow but have not spent as much time as I would have liked getting used to it. I was pretty crappy in Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, etc when I started out so I think it is only a matter of time before I get familiar with ACC and by 2023 maybe even a podium. The good news is that when I am in the Porsche I noticed it is equally as fast when going sideways or in most cases backward so a quick recovery you can still be in with a sporting chance.

19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Yeah I switch way too often, if I stuck with one I'd be much more competitive. But they are all so beautiful!:)

emill910 likes this.
  20. trutya

trutya Simracer

i fell in love with the Porsche even it's tricky to drive... but i want know all of the cars less or more. even i used to drive the old Nissan :)
    big boats are not my liking, usually i like the smaller front engined cars like Aston, AMG, Jag. Honda is interesting too and i don't see many of them on the servers...
    Audi, Bentley, Nissan are just not my world... also the Ferrari is a bit tricky and unstable for me.

21. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

Got stuck with the lambo since 0.1 to 1.0, i like the car, is sharp on apex, a bit b!tch on kerbs, but does what i need
    just a couple days ago started to drive the Bentley Gen2, feels like the lambo but without b!tching on kerbs
    usualy i stick to 1 car for longer period of times

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    nrc689 likes this.