1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

I would agree of there would be no sun and 25 cars going around the track on that puddle

Like this puddle. 40m and 25 cars going a cross this puddle and it didnt change

20190602183201_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  2. Kill_A_Rue

Kill_A_Rue Rookie

That's not a puddle. Its a river of water running from upper bank across the track. There are few of these around Spa another bad one after stavelot corner.

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Again would it be possible for a random session time. And to reduce likelyhood of a wet race in random?

Cheers

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

how about server with disabled dynamic weather? and pre defined weather and track stats. could this be the thing?

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think current build has pretty much random session times, I know the one I setup often has sessions nowhere near what was set in cfg if its been running for a while. First run on servers is correct but after that it seems pretty random. I have a server set with qualify at 10am race at 5 pm, then I can go into the server thats been running for a couple days and qualy is at 2am or any other random time. ;)

One thing with dynamic weather is if sessions are set same day the track seems to mostly continue on where it left off. So if you get heavy rain in one session the server will stay damp for an hour or more and each time it rains it just gets damper never really drying out even if its rotating a 10m qual 20m race. The next qualy tends to follow on with the moisture on track at the end of last session.

I think for the first day of a new session it should be random within set paramaters but not necessarily continue on from the last session.

6. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Hi Guys
    A question about the weather.
    Are the temperatures always the same?
    So I mean, for example Monza
    Sunshine = 24 degrees Cellsius, race track 26 degrees
    Cloudy 20 degrees, racetrack 22 degrees etc?
    I think for every racetrack in my vehicle that I always drive to make a basic setup, where the tire pressure is right.
    I rode in cloudy weather and in Qualify too, then it rained in the race but my rain tires did not get warm because the air pressure was too low.
    Can I do so, because the weather in principle has the same temperature, so given values for sunshine, rain, cloudy, etc?
    I am new to ACC and have not often driven in the rain or at night, so I ask here before I do the work.

7. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The ambient temperature in any given moment is dependent on time of day and cloud level/weather, it is never static (outside of Hotlap game mode, where everything is static).

Cote Dazur and Luis Branco like this.
  8. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

ok thx @pankykapus then ill have to adjust them, in other ways, nut atm i dont know^^
    I think ill play around a bit with the Tyre temps.
    You have a hint how to handle the temps, when i have clody weather in quali and when the race starts its raining.
    How shoud i setup the tiretemp so i dont get stone cold tires in the worst case?

9. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm not a setup guru but adding tyre pressure, smaller brake ducts (brakes keeping more heat, thus keeping heat in the tyres) and more camber generally helps with temps.

Coanda likes this.
  10. M4rt1n93

M4rt1n93 Gamer

Hi, first off I think the weather in this gam...sim is great, and did a race on the competition server today. Where started wet and raining, then stopped raining about half way through the race. And the race was great

But is it just me who would want the ground effects improved with the weather? Like I can't really see the puddles, I can feel and hear them but don't see them. The drying racing line is very unclear and the track when was raining don't look that wet, and when race was over the track looked completly dry but was still very slippery and could hear and feel puddles and after race it was saying ''Track condition: wet''

And no spray from your own car in rear view mirror(yes I know this is a known thing, just include it...)

11. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

In career mode, in brands, a storm appear suddenly, which put the race upside down and I enjoyed as never had done before. However, I noticed that the storm started very, very suddenly. Like in a second. A bit like "1 meter bofore it's cloudy, 1 meter before it's raining as hell."

I now its a small thing, but maybe in the future you can set this transition more smooth and realistic!

12. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

@pankykapus, would it be possible in SP to make weather completely random, including Grip Level, which can now still be selected.
    Just as it is now, but when Random Track is Enabled, all upper options (Grip Level, Wetness and Standing Water) are chosen randomly.
    Big thx.

MsportDAN likes this.
  13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I thi
    I think the random option for what you speak of is there but the Option keeps reverting to disabled, and not keeping enabled random track settings.

Alex1996 and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  14. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

No, grip level is not random, it can only be selected manually.

15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Oh
    Sorry the single setting.you mean? Ah ok just u mention grip level as being the upper settings

16. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

Hello everyone,
    I’m in love with dynamic and random weather as all you, but I have a question. Every time I started a session in single player, I have always found sunny weather with just sparse clouds, and weather never turned to rainy except for once when I set variability at 80%. I don’t know if it is normal, but not I did a considerable number of races, always without rain. I guess that sometimes (not too often) session should start with rain with random weather.
    Anyway, I’m really enjoying everything of the sim, I love playing it in VR.

MsportDAN likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I also have a question regarding this. If I select 10 am with 24 degrees ambient temperature even with 100% cloud cover when I enter the session the ambient temperature is 26 degrees. I have to make it rain with precipitation to receive <= 24 degrees. Is this correct?

My second question is in relation to Friday's F1 FP1 in Montreal. There wasn't a lot of track running and the Sky broadcast suggested the ambient temperature was 24 degrees and the track temperature was 49 degrees at about 10:30 am with some sunshine and cloud cover. I cant seem to replicate this scenario and get such a high track temperature in ACC. To get somewhere near I would have to set the ambient temperature to 37 degrees with 40% cloud cover. Am I doing something wrong?

F1Aussie likes this.
  18. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

yeah, on 1.0.1 i have been experimenting and I always get 26C for ambient AND track at 7am Barcelona in custom weekend.
    Im trying to use dynamic weather, random weather and random track together with 50% variability. But the track is always damp or wet and 26C. I exited to menu many times to reload(not restart) the session, same result.

Another thing is if you go to weather menu, you have to disable and renable the random track for the conditions to change and you can see greyed out what conditions you will get next, so your randomness is visible(leaving no surprise).
    This doesnt work with the random weather though, it doesnt change from whatever is already displayed but on track its always cloudy and 26C. Certainly not random, but predictable.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Alex1996 likes this.
  19. M4rt1n93

M4rt1n93 Gamer

What setting for variability has you guys found to work well for races with random weather?

20. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

I would use 50% to have a reasonable variation in at least one hour of session. However, if you set 80% you can see variations also in 10-minute sessions if you like.
    Unfortunately I’m not able to test dynamic weather on 1-hour races, as random/variable weather seems working only for the first session of the weekend (at least in my experience).