1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Race weekend tyre sets management, pitstop strategy and fuel load testing

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please post your suggestion request to the appropriate subforum and thread. Thank you.

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I found a strange quirk with the pitstop strategy. I was heading into a race where I knew it was going to start raining after 10 minutes, so I set up 4 pit stop presets - dry tyres with and without fuel, wet tyres with and without fuel for all scenarios throughout the race. I set the wets for 25.2 psi in the strategy settings, but when was in the car and selected this pit setting in the MFD the proposed psi changed to 21.2 psi so I had to sit in pit lane losing 20 seconds while i changed all the pressure back.

I think the point of the "auto wet tyre psi calculation" is helpful in scenarios where we don't have a strategy set up for wets, but when simply recalling a preset it should retain the psi that was set in the preset. Is this correct? Is there anything that can be done to change this?

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  3. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Okay sorry, Which is the appropriate subforum and thread ? There's so many. Cheers.

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Try gameplay one

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  5. flihp

flihp Racer

I personally think the tyre model and tyre behaviour is absolutely amazing, I have been testing several cars around Brands hatch in free practice, optimum condition and I have to admit I am very impressed. This is not a case of drive and get slower as the tyres wear.!, Using default safe setup and fuel.,Outlap, getting tyres up to temp and pressures, 1 st flying lap, not such a fast time, left front and rear getting into the orange rear pressure seems to be getting high, second flying lap pushing harder as I can feel the increase in grip, tyres are settling back to more green and almost 1 second quicker for that lap. 3 rd flying lap, tyres still slightly more than green, pressure are stabilising again, seems more grip yet available and go around 0.4 quicker again, next lap I drop around 0.2-0.4.. I ah e tried this with several cars and to me seems a consistent outcome. I am not terribly fast mid 1:25’s-1:26 . I wonder if I am abusing the tyres on my outlap trying to get them to optimum by the end of the lap. Will experiment if by gently getting them to optimum offers an even better outcome., loving the unknown and learning I guess in regards to tyre management if that makes sense.. I also did 4 laps at Monza in the Porsche gt3, checked my left rear when I got back to the pits... severely blistered. Lol.. I’m really curious how long it would have lasted, once again safe setup with default fuel etc, doing mid 1;50’s. Maybe I need to improve my driving.
    I am loving it so far, :), great work Kunos.

6. mike3

mike3 Rookie

Sorry, please, where can I find ACC Manual? Thank you for info.

Vladamor likes this.
  7. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Ehem.... I'm sorry to bring this news to you but... there is no manual...

upload_2019-6-4_13-57-55.jpeg

I'm not trolling you. ACC requires 'Reading and Research', just like when you go to University. All the info that you need is here in this forum.
    You will have to read A LOT in this forum and ask questions (ignore people telling you that the question has been made already and just ask).

You will have to research and test things yourself on track. Is the only way.

As for today, there is no manual that I know.

(I can't believe that games like Warframe have a wiki made by the fans but Assetto Corsa doesn't)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    FlashLB and Vladamor like this.
  8. mike3

mike3 Rookie

I thought it, but it is a pitty, small guide with basic description of the game would be nice. Thank you.

9. Zinny

Zinny Gamer

Very well done explanation on tire sets. Hope it is in a complete manual one day.

Vladamor likes this.
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Nice to see you contributing to the community...
    Thread where they asked about the tutorials etc. Got marked as Working on it.. it takes time you know.

Warfame came out 6years ago by steam db aprox 20-50mil owners and 55000 in game atm.

Comparing it with a game that has been out for 2 weeks with low ammount of users atm. Dont really know what you are expecting..

11. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I was expecting at least a manual... just like the other guy... :D

FlashLB and Vladamor like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What are the official GT3 rules around brake disk & pad management especially for Enduro races. For example the Aussie Supercars Bathurst 1000 now has a compulsory disk change whereas before you only had to change pads. If GT3 has some rules like this will we likely see this simulated in ACC in the future?

13. artishock

artishock Rookie

Will it be possible to add short text notes for each tyres set, and display them on the pit mfd? To mark tyre sets as "pract 1 grained", ''race new 2', etc.

14. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

In 2018 :
    For 24-hours race : Each car must complete one Technical Pit stop, which should have a minimum duration of five minutes from pit-in to pit out. The car must enter the pits to complete the Technical Pit stop after the start of the 12th hour but before the end of the 15th hour of the race (ie between 11:00:00:01 and 14:59:59.99 after the official start of the race). Cars may not enter the pit lane S02-BGTS/B18 – 22/03/2018 26 BLANCPAIN GT SERIES 2018 Sporting Regulations to perform their technical pit stop during a Full Course Yellow or Safety Car period. Any car which has crossed the pit entry line before the FCY or SC has been announced by the Race Director may complete their technical pit stop. Should an FCY or SC intervention be underway at the end of the 15th hour of the race, the window for completing the Technical Pit Stop will be extended by 15 minutes after the time that the green flag is shown.

In 2019 :
    Same rules except that the technical stop can now be performed at any time

If you want more information, the Blancpain GT Series 2018 regulation are available here

menos | M6 and Coanda like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@FloSimRace - Thank you very much for the info. I presume ACC does not have this 5 minute mandatory technical pit stop?

16. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

You're welcome. I think not ... If developers read this topic ;)

17. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Being able to resume driving with used tires is a massive improvement for preparing a race.

18. magzire

magzire Alien

Can you edit the pit MFD in VR? During the race coming into the pit lane, but I couldn't figure how to edit it

19. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

I have a pretty annoying bug. The pit menu in the MFD (is that, what ists called?) is greyed out if I pick a pit strategy in the setup menu. Also I cant navigate through my MFD (though I can switch pages in it) on the other pages. So I cant change the engine map for example or switch my pit-strategy from dry to wet tyres. This doesnt happen every race or everytime I change something in the pit strategy page in the setup menu. But it happens at least every second race.

Attached Files:

20. baboon

baboon Alien

There are these "joker" pitstops in Endurance Series at Spa and Paul Ricard this year where the crew don't have to obey the minimum pit time. Will these be possible to do in the sim too?