1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Useful or fun ACC youtube video

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by anthonylroy, May 25, 2019.

1. Adastros

Adastros Racer

That mess start you make lol

Diablo_rf likes this.
  2. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Useful one, i guess:

3. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

I like Jardier very much.
    The "boy" is really on it!
    Fast, explains a lot and is funny.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  4. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Yah, seems like a cool dude. And this helps, both beginners and pro-amateurs :) It will be nice series.

5. Jardier is one of the best under pressure drivers there is in any sim. Rarely does anything phase him, he can read and answer chat questions eat a sandwich and still win more times then not. He is glad to answer peoples question, I have asked a few and he was more then happy to answer them

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I really enjoyed watching that and listening to his explanations :) He is nothing like Mr load mouth...

chksix likes this.
  7. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Still no videos of how to setup the car. I know there are videos of fast drivers sharing their setups, but nobody explains why they change what they change or how is affecting the car.
    I come from GT Sport, the setup of a car in GT Sport takes about five minutes (suspension, gearbox and differential mostly). Here, judging for what Aristoteles and others say, height ride and tire pressures mater a lot (things that you don't even touch in arcade-sim).
    I'd love to sit and test every single aspect myself but I work 70 hours a week :(.

8. eerieissss

eerieissss Rookie

Hi all, my channel is all Gran Turismo Sport and iRacing videos/stream, this is my first of many videos/stream on ACC... I love it so far and look forward to becoming part of the community here!

9. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

They should explain every setting in game, I don't know why it's not like that. They also make these car posts in the forums and also do not put them in game, like what the hell?

eRacer212 likes this.
  10. marciovs28

marciovs28 Rookie

essa visão do interior do carro é muito legal! :)

11. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

12. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

100% agree. I was surprised by the lack of information about setups, I found a good cache of resources here in reddit.

But as you say this is not right. The game does not contain info about settings, and this forum is pretty much the same.

I surrender to the evidence that this community will simply not share setup knowledge. Aliens don't care much about setups because they can drive almost anything. Regular drivers, who are the ones that mostly benefit from setups, won't share them because it takes time and effort to render such a good advantage. Result = little sharing of knowledge.

People find the advert in Steam to buy ACC, the game looks amazing, sounds amazing. People buy it, and they find no really much info.
    They probably search in google and find this forum, where they can read very long theoretical posts that don't give straight instructions for anything in particular. Again, good read, but nothing really practical.

This sim requires such a big investment in time and research that only aliens and people with a lot of spare time will be able to really get the hang of it.

I'm creating a repository of setup resources, at the moment I have about 19 files, including books (online only) of Carroll Smith that I accessed with my University credentials and I'm allowed to share.

Also this guide by Chris Haye is very complete

and so on.

I still need to find more stuff for the repository, and write one single post describing each file and attach it or link it. It's going to take a while.

f.e.negroni and anthonylroy like this.
  13. Jeremy86

Jeremy86 Gamer

I don’t think it’s people not wanting to share there setups, it’s more less not everyone drives the same. I’ve been sim racing for 5 years now and I’m only starting to realize what things to change in the setup to help understeer or oversteer ETC... yet I still don’t know exactly. It takes a lot of practise, patience, commitment and LAPS upon LAPS to figure out if it’s actually the car causeing the problem or if it’s your extreme driving habits.

The So called “Aliens” may show there setup but if you can’t drive like them then it will never work.

Try watching Yorkie065 on YT he has a video series that only covers Project Cars 2 but theres a good chunk of information to be had for understanding what everything does in the setup menu.

14. ijac

ijac Gamer

Setups depend a lot on your driving style. I've never been able to take someone else's setup and have it work for me. So I've taken the time to read and watch what I can about setting up a real car. This knowledge applies to most simracing games. I'm no expert yet but I understand enough that I can make adjustments based on what behavior I want from the car. I found these video below helpful. Yes, he's talking about a different type of car but a lot of it still applies. @eRacer212, next time try asking nicely :)

Salvatore Amato and anthonylroy like this.
  15. ijac

ijac Gamer

Driver61 driving technique videos. There's a whole bunch of 'em in a playlist called Driving Technique. I won't post them all here. Too many. Here's the first couple. Go to the site to see them all. Very useful info

Jeremy86 and chksix like this.
  16. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

???:eek:

I didn't know I was being rude

17. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

I did a run in a typical online race to measure performance in realistic conditions. The result is usable, not great but far better than what people say.
    As long as the number on the bottom is yellow, the excellent reprojection of the Mixed Reality headsets will be able to smoothen out the image, so I didn't really try to chase pure 90fps at all.

chksix, eRacer212 and anthonylroy like this.
  18. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

doesn't he just slag off everything thats not raceroom? i've seen him moan about all games when he corners with far too much lock because in his game raceroom you can literally scrub round corners at full lock and be fastest

19. When your as fast as he is, you can say anything you want. lol