1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

v1.0 BoP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Chriss, May 30, 2019.

1. trutya

trutya Simracer

i barely think so... maximum should be around 280km/h, but not with the Audi, as far as i know it's amongst the slower top speed cars

2. Bogies

Bogies Gamer

Thought so, and when i slipstreamed the AI i was doing 295 or smth, seems to be a bit too rapid :D

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You were surely in a session with weather variation and some wind raised.
    The Audi indeed has around 280kmh top speed at Paul Ricard... but some downwind can definitely push you further

Chriss, D.Jankovic and Bogies like this.
  4. Bogies

Bogies Gamer

I actually did not pay attention to the wind at all, i keep forgetting its a thing, all i know it had perfect conditions, would make sense if the wind was from the back or smth, will go try it again later and keep my eye on the wind and stuff :D

5. pigsy

pigsy Racer

What's the point of the AI having any BOP in qualifying when they all run around with heavy fuel loads. I've seen some cars with as much as 90 litres of fuel in a qualifying session. Yet the player can put in as little fuel as needed.

6. trutya

trutya Simracer

that's what i wanted to ask too. in Blancpain you can't refuel between the qualy sessions, so with 3x15 min, you should start around 80l of fuel, and refuelling should be forbidden. are there plans to implement this? and what about the AI cars? they are usually much slower than in FP sessions, which is weird and ends in unreal starting positions by me, player.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Hello guys,This is very fun discussions going on my favourite topic as well fastest lap times possible
    Here are mine at hungaroring on 5 cars->>
    Lamborghini->>1:44:5xx
    Porsche->>1:44:6xx
    Jaguar->>1:44:7xx
    Audi->>1:44:8xx(can be done better but aero setting are very abrupt rather than fine adjustments)
    Ferrari->>1:45:0xx
    Overall BOP is very well and all above mentioned cars have potential to win the race BUT just for one fastest lap possible i will give it to lamborghini or porsche.

Chriss likes this.
  8. My fastest lap ever at the Hungaroring is a 1:43.2 in the Ferrari, likely a high 1:43 since they adjusted the chicane track limits, so faster is achievable.

Oh and regarding the Aston Martin's pace, I've found if you sacrifice corner entry you can gain all the time and more back through corner exit and down a following straight where applicable. I've been able to set a 1:56 at Paul Ricard doing so. Likely because the default setup brake bias is ridiculously biased towards the front (65% !), which ruins the turn-in performance. My braking points are now before that of the BMW even.

Chriss likes this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't think 1:43:xxx is possible without cutting chicane as people did earlier.Aston is good car but it will never beat laptimes by ferrari,audi,lamborghini,porsche on tight circuit such as hungaroring.

10. The comment about the Aston Martin was directed to Chriss (I did not @ them as they view this thread regularly) and was calling back to my Paul Ricard times list.

Not cutting the chicane is worth 4 tenths, the Hungaroring record in the 488 is a 1:41.7 set by Amir Hosseini. So even then it's still possible for an alien to go set a 1:42 without cutting the chicane. You can still cut just barely to the inside of the bumps as well.
    It's more than theoretically possible to break into the 1:43s

Chriss likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

This is meant to be the 2018 GTR at paul ricard, top speed of 292kmh. :eek:

Only a small draft at the beginning of the straight, dont think the cars ahead are doing much for him later but its like he pressed the nitro boost button.

LeiF likes this.
  12. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@Hexadecimator sounds like I need to give the Aston another try :D So far not my favorite car, but it's most probably similar to the Mercedes: you need do develop a proper setup and then suddenly that thing pretty much flies. Good to hear that there's potential in the car.

Your Hungaroring lap times are with version 0.7.2? So far on every track there has been a slow-down of ~0.7-1.5 seconds probably due to new BoP, tyre and braking model, comparing v1.0 and v0.7.2.

13. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

My times in the hotlap of Catalunya. (default aggressive setup, with some adjustments on the ABS, TC and brake bias)

Bentley 18' - 1.43.260
    Lambo - 1.43.287
    Audi - 1.43.296
    Ferrari - 1.43.593
    Nissan 18' - 1.43.605
    Merc - 1.43.680
    Porsche - 1.43.794
    Aston - 1.43.917
    Bantley 15' - 1.43.986
    Lexus - 1.44.109
    Mclaren - 1.44.775
    Nissan 15' - 1.44.862
    BMW - 1.44.937
    Honda - 1.45.123
    Jaguar - 1.45.318
    R-EX - 1.46.278

What I can definitely say, is that some of the car setups doesn't fit my driving style at all. Because of that the time might be half a secound slower then I could achive.
    Some car handling, like porsche, are very specific, and require some time to get used to them, to how they are supposed to be driven, and this can't be done in 1-2 hours, it need days of training and learning of the car.
    But again, I didn't like the behavior of 50% of the cars I tested, the setups just didn't appeal to me, so I would definitely change the setup to go faster.
    So all in all, I think 90% of the cars are in 1 secound gap. Some might be faster in some tracks, some in other. But I'm shure that there is a 30% of the cars, that are better in most of the tracks. So would be good to find those 30% which in many cases I think are: lambo, ferrari, audi, bentley. Other cars might do surprised in some specific tracks, but we are talking like maybe 1 track out of 10, and not most of the times.

david m likes this.
  14. Chriss

Chriss Racer

with many thanks to @Diablo_rf we now have Barcelona times in!

Keep 'em coming :)

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

My first time running hotlap mode in optimum conditions at Barcelona, 4pm with cloudy preset and the 911 gt3 did 1:42.858 on default aggressive pretty much. Just 1 click more front ARB and possibly adjusted bias TC and ABS but not a lot changed there and pressures were from another run in a server.

The lap was far from great but seems the hotlap mode is silly fast, I was doing high 1:43's in a server but that clearly had way less grip. I really don't think 1:42's should be doable but checking the qualy session from last year it was flooded with yellow and red flags and 53 cars on track making it pretty hard for anyone to get in an optimum lap in any session so maybe clear track perfect grip its not too bad.

Other then that I haven't ran another car there in hotlap mode but seemed to have decent pace in the McLaren, I ran with a friend of mine last night in a server and he was running much the same pace in the Merc to me in the 911 and in the same conditions Im sure he would have at least matched my pace. Most of my running is in dynamic conditions so it was quite a shock how much grip there was in optimum hotlap mode. :eek:

16. trutya

trutya Simracer

i did a 43,8 once with the Jag at Hungaroring, on a MP server. was massively surprised by it :D

17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Holy sh*t NOICE.Jaguar has very high potential IMO even better than Aston.

18. trutya

trutya Simracer

true, as you find a sweet setup you'll be flying. and eating loads of fuel of course :)
    no coincidence that they won the Silver Cup last year (if i remember correctly). but this laptime was better than what i could achieve with Ferrari in the hotlap special event...

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I want to love ferrari but it understeer too much for my taste and it's not even faster for me compared to lamborghini,audi and porsche which are more oversteery.

kleinersinep likes this.
  20. 571691752

571691752 Rookie

Actually, I have seen a maniac driving the Gallardo through and past me which is an AMG in Paul Ricard, and I was just staggered, how can that bloody car faster than me on the straight line?! So I can promise to you that car isn't that slow, if you really do the setup very properly, and the final laptime he did in Paul Ricard is 1''55.