1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My GTX970 is dead

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by andrea.chiovato, Jun 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hello,
    as the title said my GPU is dead.
    I have a max 200 euros of budget.
    I have no plan to buy a new PC for at least 1/2 years.
    Giving that I use a 1920x1080 60hz monitor;
    I have the asus p7p55d-e as MB
    and I have a 600W PSU (MS-Tech MS-N600-GD)
    and a pretty old i7 CPU
    what would you buy?

Used Geforce regenerated?
    Radeon?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Graphics settings GTX970 Jan 21, 2019
    Screens & Videos Triple 1080p GTX970 settings Aug 14, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues No color, gtx970 Jan 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa config with gtx970 oc Dec 21, 2015
    ACC Multiplayer North America CP Server dead for 2 days Apr 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Pedal dead zone adjustment does not work Mar 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec wheel: Braking vibration dead after 5 laps Mar 1, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions dead zone g29 after new update Feb 12, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Deadzone in My accuforce v2 Aug 31, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Need more brake deadzone than 50% Jul 21, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G920 Center Dead Zone Jul 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 throttle pedal and dead zone Dec 29, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Dead angle not applied and steering wheel problems Dec 15, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSR elite loadcell dead ? Dec 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Im sorry to say that but the Game is dead. Dec 4, 2019

3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I have a 1070 which you can buy refurbished for around £200. I am very satisfied with it's performance. Also running with an i7 CPU (8700). I'm generally getting a consistent 60+fps at 2560x1440.

4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

2nd hand gtx 1070.
    Just sold mine for 200€.
    Played AC on wqhd triples almost everything epic and meets ACC recommendation.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

ACC has a strong bias towards NVIDIA regarding FPS - I hoped for my Vega 64 to perform similar to a 1080 but it performs only like a 1070. So a 2nd hand NVIDIA might be good.

On the other hand, Radeon GPUs have just dropped massively in price due to the upcoming Navi launch.

You can pick up an RX590, the fastest Polaris GPU with 8 GB, for ~190 € new. You even get The Division 2 and World War Z as a giveaway:

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...d-Dragon-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0--Retail-_1299134.html

If you can scrounge just 70 bucks more, you even get a Vega 56:

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Full-Retail-_1233947.html

Although radeon is handicapped in ACC, the prize makes these offers quite attractive. Both GPUs will play ACC reasonably well on mid settings and 1080p, especially on a FreeSync monitor where you can go down below the refresh rate without stuttering.

I'd actually prefer this over a 1060, because the 6GB RAM might become an issue in ACC and cause microstutter. ACC can use ~ 5GB of RAM.

Edit: if you can pick up a 200 € 1070, you'll get way more FPS for sure.

6. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

I see it 3 ways.

A new GTX1660
    A used GTX1070
    or
    A new RX580

If it was my money i'd grab a new card.

After a quick look on YouTube the 1660 seems slightly better, not a lot in it so you have choices

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

When you say dead in what way, my 780 died a few ago in my other PC so I done the oven bake trick, and it's still going now..

8. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Gamer

Used a GTX 1070 is no Problem,new ~250€ ,but Nv brings new cards and the old will be cheaper then.Now a new 1060GTX ~160€

9. ignission

ignission Simracer

What is this sorcery? :)

10. Thanks very much for all your responce.

GTX 1070 - what about compatibility with my HW?
    I mean Watt? Bus speed?

11. Basically, I did a drive session, exit and suddenly the PC has rebooted and then the Monitor did not receive the signal anymore.
    After put my old gpu the signal was back again.
    I opened the GPU housing and I did not notice anything strange.

What do you mean with "bake trick"? any video?

EDIT: ok got it, no need to answer.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

This is the intructions I followed and worked like a dream, basically it's a dry joint cure, I looked at it this way, no harm in trying if it's dead it's dead but if it brings it back to life, like mine it gave me time to save more to get a decent setup later..

ignission likes this.
  14. I read this about the trick. Don't know if it is true:

No-one should attempt this in a household oven, for various reasons:

1. Both lead and tin are volatile when heated. Specifically, this means that lead oxide and other dangerous chemicals are emitted when lead is heated.

See:
    http://www.sentryair.com/solder fume.htm

2. The fluxes used in production of modern electronics are designed to remove oxides very, very efficiently. They are NOT designed to be biocompatible. Small amounts of residue may still be on the board.

3. Boards may contain parts which will melt at the reflow temperature. These components are generally through-hole and added as a separate step.

So, basically, once you have completed this operation and (possibly) fixed your video card, BUY A NEW OVEN.

gdavis626 likes this.
  15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Hey it worked for me and alot of others, if we do everthing we're told in life that bad we would have no fun..

16. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

17. steno

steno Gamer

a 1070 is muy faster than a 1060 and with your monitor resolution 6 gb is not mandatory

18. Provide some links please, because I can't find any 1070 4G or 1070 8g that costs less than 220 euros

For the 1660 probably you are right, 20/30 euro more to have 10/20 fps more would be good. Again Palit? Gigabyte? Asus?
    The best price for Gigabyte is 221 euro from here:
    https://www.bell3.it/product_default.asp?idProdotto=47283

19. steno

steno Gamer

on ebay there are a ton of these 1070 on sell. If you want a new one instead of used than is out of your budget.

20. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Gamer

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019