1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public beta" 1.0.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm haven't noticed a popping in and out but yeah, opponents sounds seemed rather quiet. Have to start ACC up again and pay attention to it.

Franc Pisek likes this.
  2. M4rt1n93

M4rt1n93 Gamer

Does custom weather with dynamic weather in championship mode only work for the first session? Started with sun and some light overcast in FP1, then turned into heavy rain. Then in FP2, Q1, Q2, Q3 and the race it has been the 100% same weather as the start of FP1, sun with light overcast. No changes at all apart from FP1. FP1 ended with really wet track and FP2 started with sun and 100% dry track

Alex1996 and earlyapex like this.
  3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Kevin Cox likes this.
  4. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, I use adaptive v-sync. This showed the best, stutter-free experience in ACC so far.
    The way I find my graphics settings is:
    - remove all frame capping / v-sync settings
    - adjust graphics settings in game in most demanding conditions (with ACC for me this is currently Nurburgring GP, first sector at sunrise in the rain with full field, following the field in 30th position)
    - when achieving ~70 -75 FPS at least I move to the last step
    - test performance with either frame-cap or NVIDIA different V-sync modes

In some games a frame cap works best for me, in others it is a particular v-sync mode. With ACC currently adaptive v-sync seems to work best for me.
    If I do NOT use v-sync I get distinct stuttering which can easily observed when driving through a long corner - the scenery through my windshield will distinctly stutter instead of smoothly travel by.

MSI AB is set up to show GPU and CPU core load, temp and clock speed

I think you meant to write GPU instead of CPU ?
    Yes, optimization to utilize the GPU to it's fullest potential is good (I had for many years the opposite issue when I ran dual AMD GPUs and it was a real PITA to find ways to utilize both GPUs properly).

The issue I see with ACC thus far though is that the GPU is consistently heavily loaded while the CPU is loaded insufficiently (the first four cores which usually take the brunt of the computation are barely ever scraping ~55% CPU load).

Other graphics intensive games to utilize the GPU and CPU much more equally, hence there is more headroom.

This computer is also not really outdated. It has a fairly current high end GPU and CPU and all other components are equally matched for high performance. ACC currently completely maxes out the GPU and barely uses the potential of the CPU is all I am saying.

I have to add that perhaps part of the problem is the current very clunky method of a triple screen workaround, having to use (most likely exclusively GPU based computation) a higher resolution, then an image warping algorithm, then an additional post processing sharpening algorithm and on top the VERY HEAVY UE4 based post processing and effects to render sure is making up the brunt of the problem.

Normally one would expect with such computer specs to be able to max out graphics settings with ease just as in other fairly current games whereas in ACC it can be quite a struggle to maintain a stable 60 FPS.

I am also seeing some very strange behavior as described earlier since the v1.0.2 v2 beta patch.
    With the initial beta v1.0.2 I gained a SUBSTANTIAL boost in performance (from about 60 FPS to about 90 FPS at same settings) + the performance was stable over the course of a race.
    With beta v1.0.2 v2 I still appeared to have that same nice performance but often after a while the performance would fall significantly - it would start to show stuttering and settle at a framerate of ~42 - 45 FPS.
    If I then move two particular settings (shadows from "epic" to "high" and post processing from "high" to "mid") I get perfectly stable 60 FPS.

5. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

Haha, yes of course I meant GPU...thx.. I should have gone to sleep instead .

BTW: I did not question the fact that ACC is very demanding. I can also barely get 40fps in VR on lowest settings with SS set to 1.8 [1080ti oc]. For this UE engine really sucks...

menos | M6 likes this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

wow, what else have you set on your PC?
    I run in game VR density increase (120%) with mostly high/medium across the board and a few engine.ini tweaks...
    in this part of the race (26AI) my fps was hovering between 60-75
    (didn't notice head shaking as much as it does in this video lol)

my specs in my sig

cobrettee likes this.
  7. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

That really sounds very low indeed :-(
    I run triple screens and the combination of resolution (6020 x 1080) and warp correction and oversampling should really result in quite comparable (bad) performance to a VR system on same hardware.
    You should not struggle to get 40 fps really.

OOOOHHHH, where is that tasty, juicy engine.ini file you speak of? I love myself some ini files please ;-)

EDIT: found it!
    What tweaks did you make there ?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Wow i love KTAA mode, it's waaaay better than FXAA and Temporal for me. Now the game looks really clean and sharp. Also i feel that overall performance might be better. Good things happening :)

AMarkham40, LeDude83 and jaxx_za like this.
  9. Rolz

Rolz Alien

10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

This build is now also available in the Public branch, so all of them are the same. Thread will be reopened when a new public beta is made available.

Pheebau, Deyu, Thug and 5 others like this.