1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Bentley Continental GT3 - 2nd gen, 2018

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Maynard

Maynard Gamer

These blogs has been really great but I really thought they were going to find a way to deliver this into the sim to assist with people joining and learning to race because sim racing is a lot about learning and this is to be encouraged as it is 50% of the sim imo, a one stop shop kinda gig that is perhaps made easier by just covering GT3.

Ideas I had in mind for instance is something like a test session mode to help assist with the 'assetto corsa' of your car. A place for analysing braking distances, shift points, suspension tuning, rake, diff lock, anti roll bars and all the other wonderful things that will break your head unless you have a physics degree, all made easier with in game user friendly telemetry graphs, measurements and methodology behind them backed by the credibility that is Kunos that will make you a better racer in the end, also because being a driver and a race engineer sure is taxing, and I think it clearly is something the community needs and not have it hidden away in a forums.

Similarly I read a post from Stefano on what the ffb dynamic dampening means, and once again I think to myself why is this crucial information not explained in the sim, why somewhere on some random forum post must i find out what these settings mean when it should be right there in the sim. I still dont know what road effects mean, i mean it sounds pretty obvious but why is it on 0% then, are we not simulating the road anymore...

PS i'm sorry i know i'm jumping the gun and Kunos probably feels the same while they are racing against time.
    PPS mouse support has been implemented in VR so i'm a fanboy again, godspeed and thank you :D

slatanek likes this.
  2. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I agree that there might be more information explaining all the features of the game, it's not like every player will join the forums and read about all of that.
    As for these blogs, I don't think it's necessary to implement them in game. To me they exist more as an entertainment to us car lovers, not as crucial information for every player.

3. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

You totally missed the spirit of Blancpain series...

broadappeal, Serge M and Rolz like this.
  4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I care more about performance besides is it bad to have 700 HP race cars ? i don't think so.

5. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Saying 550HP is very low for a race car is daring in the best scenario. These cars are hitting easily 270 kph in most circuits, they are fast enough. If only you would have mentioned to restrict aerodynamics, costs (which BoP already does) or something like that... but in terms of power, they don't need 700hp at all

But, above all, we don't need PROs with 200 HP more than silvers, pro-ams or ams

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Just my opinion mate i love more power.
    I still enjoy this beautiful simulator

7. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Sure, I'm just giving my opinion too! :)

8. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Stunning looking car, and fast too, maybe too fast.
    I read this thread ones again, and only @Nobel has mentioned it, that this car really is a bit too quick, compared with the rest.
    Fact: yesterday I had a race at Silverstone, and some guy (who is approx. same speed or slower usually) was easily cca 1sec faster with Bentley. He gained on:
    - way shorter braking distances (10 meters or more)
    - corner speeds, in high speed turns he gained 0.2-0.3sec which ia annormous, specially in Copse, Maggotts and Brooklands.

I know that the car I was driving isn't the best out there (anymore), but to gain a full second in only few turns, thats surelly not possible irl. He was driving right behind me, so could clearly see where he was gaining (and loosing too, because of mistakes and a bit slower car on straights). In few of those turns, specially Maggotts and Becketts (long combo if braking and fast turns) he came from 20 to 30 meters behind right on my tail!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  9. R4F

R4F Gamer

Indeed a beautiful car. In the right hands also very fast. But like the other cars it has its strong and weak points. It suits my driving style, more or less like the Bmw.

@M. Bonca; as you know, Mike Nobel is crazy fast in every car

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

10. nimp

nimp Racer

My first impression after release was also that the bentley was too fast. But it's not.
    I'm doing performance testing on all track/car combos atm and while the bentley is a fast car on tracks it's well suited for, it also has it's weaknesses. Wouldn't even put it into T1 overall.
    Gonna release my findings when I'm done with my tests. Only 2 more tracks to go.

slatanek and david m like this.
  11. junneh

junneh Gamer

I agree with Nimp. Bentley is not that competetive in Monza, Zolder, maybe other tracks. Still a very good car tho. Lacks power/top end so still not the best in a race/overtake situation. Abit like the Mclaren 650s GT3 in original AC really.

It is dominant on Silverstone, Spa however tho with a good driver, and we see these tracks alot online, hence why people think its OP

12. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I agree, but maybe its just a bit too powerful on braking. Maybe its just me, and my poor Bavbarian ;)

13. junneh

junneh Gamer

To be fair, the BMW does seem abit weak, especially on the brakes, where the Bentley is really strong for such a big vessel. When the track is narrow/bumpy, BMW seems one of the slowest. Acceleration is now also not special like it was before, its just on par with others I think. I do think this car could use some speed (because I also love to drive this one)

I have no problems matching Bentley times in an Audi/Lambo/Lexus, but the front heavy Bentley also doesnt suit me the best.

14. Nobel

Nobel Rookie

After more extensive testing I do have to agree the Bentley isn't as good as I said. It shines on Spa and Silverstone, and it's competitive but not as quick on the bendy tracks.
    Mercedes shines on tracks like Hungaroring for sure!

15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I think a lot of the competitiveness of the Bentley is related to how easy it is to drive. A car that's just as fast, but more difficult to drive won't be regarded as well as the Bentley is. And also there's the fact that it's competitive in the most popular tracks. If a car is quick at Misano or Paul Ricard, no one cares, because few people play on them.
    There's no question that the Bentley is fast, but I'm not sure it's as OP as some say.

eRacer212 likes this.
  16. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I think Bentley is specially good on tracks with fast turns, and hard braking zones - thats where it gains the most.

17. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I can't reach 280 km/h in the long straight of Paul Ricard. Acording to Motec, maximum I can reach is 270.9 , if I use a lower differential preload I get faster in other sections but I can't pass 269.2 kmh
    Lowering the rear wing could give it more top speed, but at what cost?

18. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

That would create a new category of racing all together. For instance, look at the GTE class
    Power 600 PS (441 kW; 592 hp) at 7,000 rpm
    Weight 1,250 kg (2,756 lb) including driver

What you are describing is actually the new Hypercar class for Le Mans 2020. Literally within a year we'll see these cars racing in the WEC. Good bye LMP1

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Nope GTE class have under 550HP infact GT3 cars have more hp.
    New porsche GT3R has 550HP MAX depending on BoP
    And latest porsche RSR has 510HP MAX depending on BoP.
    Hyper car series will have over 800HP easily,700HP ain't no hypecar power nowdays above 800HP.
    Even old bently(2015)have 550HP because of huge body.

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

WEC's "Hypercar" class is set to 750 hp (probably metric PS/CV). There's no reason to assume it'll have "over 800hp easily". It could, but it won't if the current set of regulations stay as they are.

Also, GT3 vary in power depending on series and their BoP. They have quite a bit less than 550hp (most recently under 500) at the Nordschleife VLN/N24 races (only series that publishes motor and rolling dyno figures) for example. Similarly GTE Pro and AM differ in power, as does WEC and IMSA. The four litre flat-six in the 911 GT3 R and RSR could do 575 PS but it never will in actual competition.

eRacer212 likes this.