1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

v1.0 BoP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Chriss, May 30, 2019.

1. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Anyone willing to add complete set of Silverstone lap times over the weekend? :)

2. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Quali at Barcelona last year wasn't that bad. The fast guys didn't really get hammered by traffic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seemed like most were lucky to get 1 clear lap in each qualy session due to traffic yellows and reds.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If anyone wants to really test bop do it on cold medium and hot temps not in hotlap mode.

5. Chriss

Chriss Racer

yep, most of us here go for 60-80l of fuel and try to simulate race pace, not quali pace

6. nimp

nimp Racer

I'm doing all cars on all tracks atm. Different method than in this thread though. Gonna post when I'm done. Edit: Added my Barcelona times for now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    junneh likes this.
  7. Chriss

Chriss Racer

thanks @nimp, looking much forward to your results!

8. Borbor

Borbor Racer

I know, I was there in the garages.

How much time do you need? The tires come out of ovens, the front runners are pros. You really don't need more than two fliers at most to get **** done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Actually the Gallardo is quite quick in a straight line, but too understeery (at least for me) to achieve overall decent laptimes.

10. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Maybe some M6 driver can share their thoughts about the M6 after 1.0. Did you notice some changes to 0.7? Got a lot of problems with the car on all tracks after 1.0 with over 100h of driving this car in the early access.

11. nimp

nimp Racer

Haven't finished testing all tracks, but the M6 is stuck in the bottom third performance wise now. More in line where it should be as per real BoP.
    The 0.7 version was beyond ridiculous.

Chriss and tw1st like this.
  12. fabT

fabT Alien

I used to drive the M6 before v1.0 and it was overkill on tracks such as Misano.
    Usually it was about 1 full second faster than anything else.

Since v.10 i drive the 911 GT3R, which is a bit of an underdog.
    Feels slow and clumsy, but i love it.

Anyway, somewhat BoP does wonders even at Misano, see below 911 vs. M6 fighting at point blank ( e.g. 1:00 onwards ).

As you see the M6 still has a rocket engine, the 911 can barely keep up using slipstream and abusing TC/ABS and track limits.
    This said the Porsche is more agile and has an edge in braking.

I think after BoP overall the BMW is still faster, but the Porsche is not that far.
    The 911 can do some 1:34, there, which is not bad.

Chriss and tw1st like this.
  13. fthomann

fthomann Rookie

+ 1.5 sec slower on the nürburgring...

tw1st likes this.
  14. tw1st

tw1st Racer

:eek:

that's huge

15. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

What do you guys think about the Lexus? Is it maybe too easy to drive for how fast it is or vice versa?

16. James P

James P Simracer

The one car i have really grown to like is the gen 2 Bentley. To begin with i was so slow in it i may as well have been going backwards.

The more i have driven it the more i find out its character. Great grunt down the straight, can really abuse kerbs, brakes are mighty and is ultra stable. The medium to high speed corners are where it really shines, it just keeps on gripping.

It doesnt get unsettled when putting on lots of steering lock either, understeer is not really an issue.

Its biggest weakness are changes of direction and slow speed corners where its size and weight are tough to hide. Tracks like Brands and Nurburgring i find it is tough to keep front running pace.

On tracks like Spa and Paul Ricard though it flies. Its so easy and predictable on the limit, easily a car i could drive for an endurance race over multiple stints.

I think this is another fine example of how this sim works and why its physics are so good. At first i hated the car, couldnt drag a lap time out of it, but then you do a few laps, learn its behaviour and before you know it, it becomes your go to.. crazy!

17. Leynad

Leynad Racer

I did about 4-7 laps with each car around the Nürburgring with aggressive setup. I did already faster times with the Ferrari and BMW prior to 1.0, but this test was more about simulating race-pace while staying on the track. I was spinning twice (Lambo & Porsche) and had maybe three off-tracks.
    Lexus: 1:55,45 (handling: 9/10)
    Bentley 2018: 1:55,66 (handling: 10/10)
    Porsche: 1:55:84 (handling: 7/10)
    Lambo: 1:56,07 (handling: 5/10)
    McLaren: 1:55,68 (handling: 9/10)
    Ferrari: 1:55,97 (handling: 7/10)
    Audi: 1:56,23 (handling: 6/10)
    AMG: 1:56,06 (handling: 7/10)
    BMW: 1:56,6 (handling: 6/10)
    Aston Martin: 1:56,3 (handling 9/10)
    Jaguar: 1:57,3 (handling 9/10)

The Lambo has IMO an awful aggressive setup and i usually use a tweaked safe setup. Especially getting out of the last chicane is unsafe with the Lambo and all curbs causing slow-downs it seems and there are too many you want to clip. I did some laps more with the Ferrari because it was not performing as i hoped. Understeer on entry to mid-corner and needs probably the earliest braking for T1. Not agile in the tight corners unlike the better handling-rated cars. AMG has lots of corner exit oversteer with this setup and feels unique from the handling. Might be competitive with a better setup and some getting used to. The McLaren is IMO the best mid-engine car and did surprisingly well. Much later braking than the Audi and Lambo, fun-factor close to the Porsche, but probably a bit better out of corners and less twitchy. I started with the Lexus and tried it again after the others with similar lap-time, so it wasn't my concentration that went down and it's the easiest car to keep under 1:56 by far. With the Bentley this wasn't that easy and the Porsche was more like a lucky lap. The Nissan is missing here, but it would be in the low-mid 1:56 range, even i made one 1:55,8 with it on the edge. The NSX is not competitive as the other cars missing.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  18. 571691752

571691752 Rookie

Genuinely I do not know exactly how to do the set while considering the balance between suspension and the aero, sometimes really frustrating, and I do know the feeling of a super understeered car, cuz AMG is quite similar, reduce the downforce it just become more ez to spin off, or magnify it, then I become the slowest on the straights & corners , just so confused how to make a proper setup

19. Louis Apex

Louis Apex Rookie

I'm happy to share my results on Monza
    5pm - optimum track condition - hotlap mode
    Aggressive setup with all cars, I was just adjusting the TC on the fly
    ACC 1.0.2

Ferrari - 1'49"7
    Mercedes - 1'49"4
    Porsche - 1'49"5
    Honda - 1'50"5
    Lexus - 1'48"9 (so easy to drive)
    Jaguar - 1'49"0
    Aston - 1'49"5
    Bentley 18' - 1'49"6
    BMW - 1'50"0
    Nissan '18 - 1'49"5
    McLaren - 1'49"8
    Lamborghini - 1'49"4
    Audi - 1'49"6

romandevision and 571691752 like this.
  20. 571691752

571691752 Rookie

So that was basic Aggressive Setup right? Would that automatically fit all these tracks in a primary way?