1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's fault was this...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

He mentioned, that he had three crashes. On Brands Hatch you don't have to be completely off pace to get lapped in such a situation.

Thug likes this.
  2. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I disagree with this even with 4 sec difference in lap times and 20 mins race time, I think the standard advice that other people give here is correct: just wait for a straight section, go off the line and lift, don't defend but otherwise stick to racing line. In multiclass racing it works like this and there differences are more than 4 sec.

PiretSS2000, jaxx_za and f.e.negroni like this.
  3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

When you're flagged you should not get out of the racing line: stay on the line and ease off a little the throttle in a straight so he can pass you easily. Parking in a corner or moving out of the line can surprise the guy behind or cause loss of time because he will wonder if you're in control. If he cannot wait for the next straight that is his problem, not yours.

In multiclass they have different lines in the long straights for safety and they are assigned by race direction in advance. A GT will take the Hunaudières on the right whether there is a LMP in the mirrors or not.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Whatever. Keep forcing the leader of a 20 minute race to lose 2 seconds in the last lap while he has the 2nd place up his gearbox. That'll end well every time I'm sure.

Henkz likes this.
  5. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

That's part of the sport. The leader should deal with it, just like the car behind him.

jaxx_za and Arlo like this.
  6. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

So I guess multi-class races is not going to work then?

I have a feeling that any move made by OP in that situation would have been the 'wrong' move, from the lead drivers perspective.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thug likes this.
  7. nimp

nimp Racer

I disagree to some extend. PhilS is right. We are not talking about normal traffic you end up facing in an endurance race, where lapping occurs due to pitstops/slightly off-pace cars.
    If you get lapped in a 20-30min race you have to be extremely off-pace. These drivers are often very unsave and have "moments" every 2nd corner. It's very frightening already to lap these guys. This is a vast difference to real races, where everyone can at least keep the car on track.
    The "it's always the overtaking cars fault" mentality doesn't really apply in a sim under these circumstances. Also context is very important. Does it really hurt easing off on a straight when the leaders come through in a close fight, when your closest opponent is 10sec away and you are a lap down? Same thing goes the other way around. When I approach 2 fighting cars a lap down, I try to not mess with their affairs too much. Not rocket science.
    Reminds me of the British GT race this weekend, where one absolute idiot GT4 did not let the leaders of the race through, before maggotts and becketts and as a result crashed the leader out (who was forced to make a move). Deserved a hefty penalty imo. What makes it worse is, that he wasn't fighting anyone for positions and it was last 5min of the race.

Multiclass is a completely different situation than in-class traffic. It makes sense to stick to the racing line as a lapped car, because the higher classes can easily make passes stick, without losing too much time, due to pace difference.
    In-class traffic is way harder to lap, since you can't just out-accelerate them out of corners. Still common sense should always apply. It can still make sense for the slower car to let a fighting pair of faster cars through before a tight single-file section of track to prevent difficult situations.

chksix, Gerhendolf and PhilS13 like this.
  8. chakko

chakko Alien

I think that is, in general, a very good recommendation. Just like in real life, most accidents happen because of unpredictability. Some peeps are just nuts, in the way they react.

Pete0027 likes this.
  9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

If you're trying to pass someone who's 4 seconds off pace on a relatively short track like Brands Hatch, basically every corner entry and exit is an opportunity. When I approach someone who's that much slower than me, I'm gonna be careful when overtaking him anyway. I'd rather lose 2 seconds staying behind him waiting for a safe opportunity than him making an unpredictable move and me ending up with damage.
    I don't expect you to park your car in the grass, I will never ask you to. If you have trouble controlling your car, maybe due to inexperience or damage, it would be appreciated. But if you're just off pace, there's no need.
    Just drive your race.

Stick to the line, go off throttle a bit sooner when approaching the braking zone and let the person who's lapping you take the inside. Lift throttle a bit on the straight and move away from the race line, showing the person who's lapping you it's OK to do so.
    DON'T lift throttle and move to the inside line when approaching a corner, DON'T lift throttle on corner exit, and DON'T move over when someone's 10 meter behind you on a straight, just wait for the next corner and let him take the inside. He might even overtake you with the slipstream whilst still on the straight.
    Also, there's no need to use indicators, I will never look at them.

Thug and PiretSS2000 like this.
  10. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

As I said, I started quite low down the grid (had about 2 laps to qualify due to joining late), by the time I crossed the start line the leaders would have been 1/4 through the first lap.
    Then there were a couple of crashes, one just after the start first bend on the bank where someone turned right, into me and another further along sending me to the back. The leaders would have been at least 2/3-3/4 through the lap before I was moving again. I then had to overtake a few which naturally slowed me down again and I had my own ‘off’ (my fault pushing too much).
    On a short track it’s easy to lap someone who has a poor start.
    I was lapping a 1:26, so not alien, but also not ‘too’ slow.

11. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

I did not have time to read the OP,
    But its your fault

BrakeCheck101 and Thug like this.
  12. Fast drivers don't have a lot of patience for us slow drivers, ever hear what they say when they stream live. Its brutal most of the time, I am glad I don't have to hear them until I watch the stream after the fact.

Thug likes this.
  13. Reading your post it seems that everything happened suddenly. Didn't you check the realtime race position and see that P1 and P2 were coming? If yes, you should have done things by time, since after 3 crashes your race was already f*.
    If you wait the last moment usually you are putting yourself and the others in a difficult situation. Before DingleDell there's a long straight and 2 wide turns with plenty of room to coast at the right side and wait for the leaders to pass.
    Just my opinion.

Thug likes this.
  14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

It’s ACC’s fault :p

BrakeCheck101 and Thug like this.
  15. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

It pisses me off when I'm leading a close fight and come on a slowpoke who makes it hard to pass, so I'm forced to slow, and then I get passed for my patience. I don't do this! I'm not going to steal a position from a guy who is trying to avoid a muppet.

Thug likes this.
  16. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Lapped cars have to lift off on blue flag and cannot interfere with the race leaders. Above all they have to be predictable. Many keep accelerating to prove themselves they are good unfortunatly.

Thug likes this.
  17. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I race in VR only, with pixel density set to 130, so most of the HUD is hidden by the body of the car.
    I knew I wasn't 'on pace' due to my crashes, and lap time, but wasn't aware how close they were until I got the blue flags, then tried to get out of the way where I thought was safe (between 2 bends on a straight).

So, if I am reading this correctly, if I am slower than you (and make it hard to pass) then I am a slowpoke muppet?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Roberto Olivetti likes this.
  18. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

So, so far we know the fault lies with...
    1. Me for being a muppet and a) not slowing to an almost stop on the straight leading to Dingle Dell, b) not keeping to the race pace, c) going off the track, d) not being predictable
    2. P1 for a) being impatient, b) not driving around me, c) not anticipating what I was doing
    3. Kunos

Radfahrer, Pete0027 and baboon like this.
  19. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Guys, guys, guys …
    The fault is ALWAYS with the Austrians .
    Blame them .
    #Historically accurate (TM)
    :p

Thug likes this.
  20. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

There is truth to this and if you are race leaders say top 5 and your running into back markers that are ignoring blue flag, ya the expletives get plenty.
    BUT playing the devils advocate here, first I understand the frustration incurred, but its racing and the reality is this"IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OVER TAKER TO DO IT SAFELY" No one ever teaches a driver to always look behind them and worry about who is behind you. So t loose your cool and spit volitlity to a back marker is rather ,, well, snowflakish IMO

Thug, Arlo and Pete0027 like this.