1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

My confusion is from this:

"Spectators still use server resources, so they will be limited by the total “maxClients” count – however spectator slots are not limited by the global limit of 30 cars, nor do they occupy pit slots."

1. We have a value for the maximum number of clients allowed to connect, total: maxClients*. (*is this my misunderstanding? Does this only represent drivers, while the "spectatorSlots" is added to this to get a total # of connections?)

2. drivers take up slots from this pool but have no alternative designation (for example, driverSlots)

3. spectators also draw from this pool, but have a seperate value called "spectatorSlots".

4. the server documentation seems to imply that if we want to have (for example) 30 cars and 30 spectators, we'd need to set maxClients to 60 and spectatorSlots to 30.

5. no more than 30 "maxClients" are currently allowed/possible at this time, which inherently restricts the spectator/driver pool as a whole, and the "maxClientsOverride" value appears to be bugged
    - when setting maxClients above 30, the server will throw a response saying "Overriding maxClients 35 (configuration.json) to 30 (settings.json)"
    - this appears even when there is
    a) no string or value for "maxClientsOverride" present in the settings.json (like before the 1.0.2 update)
    b) there is a value for "maxClientsOverride" present; but the value in this field is completely ignored
    - For example, if we had:
    - "maxClients": 60
    - "maxClientsOverride": 59
    - we would still see the error above, even on passworded servers where rating restrictions are not applied.

I have no clue if this is poor communication from the server logs and game (if it's only drivers being restricted or all connections), or if maxClients is genuinely restricting ALL connections to the server to 30; clarification would be welcome.

2. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

I just tested. If I set "maxClients": 1 and launch the server, at the beginning it says maxClients is limited to 2, reducing settings.spectatorSlots correspondingly to twice that size. If i set maxClients to 2, it says maxlients is limited to 4. So assume if we have 30 drivers on server right now, than we should have 30 spectators.

But that's a good question

3. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Just tested again. I set maxClients to 1. My friend joined the server and I couldnt join the server as spectator - was giving me an error - server is full :( So we limited to 30 as drivers/spectators :( bad news

4. "spectatorSlots": 30, and "maxClients": 30, both values do not add up? :eek:

If it did not add up, then in fact would it be only 15 cars, with 2 drivers each car (driver and spectator)?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  5. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

I thought the same... that we have 30 drivers on server +spectators.

But according on my test - 30 drivers/spectators on server is the limit. I would say you can have 20 teams and 10 slots for spectators(team members) for drivers swaps, you need just couple minutes to swap the driver, one is joining as spectator, pit-stop, done, leave the server.

Entry list can be with 60 drivers... its not limited as I understand. My entry list is over 30 drivers already, no problem, but the rest of the drivers will see the full server error.

But lets wait for Minolin... He might clarify this

6. DrFugazi

DrFugazi Rookie

Guys, I think you didn't read the manual carefully, team driver should NOT use the spectator slot, he should connect as normal driver. Spectator slots are rather for Broadcasting or server admins/race directors, not for drivers, see below:

Rolz likes this.
  7. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

Sorry for all the questions....

In the results.json the Steam ID is preceded by an 'S'. Does this just denote 'Steam' and is it consistent (ie if I always trim the first letter off the player ID in the results.json will I always get the Steam ID)?

Thank you!

8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Since entry list file has this S requirement I would say yes

ears likes this.
  9. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Racer

In the configuration of several drivers for a car, there is a window in the HUD with the names of the drivers of the car and if it is the one that is driving or those that are waiting, perfect.
    But could there be a way to make that window disappear without you necessarily having to do it eliminating all HUD info by putting it in BLANK? Or failing that, you can change the size of that window without changing the size of the others in the HUD?
    With VR it damages the vision a lot with those sizes of information.
    And eliminating, putting in BLANK all information eliminates the vision of the career director that is vital for the cuts.
    Therefore, it will be possible to reduce or eliminate the window of available drivers for the car without affecting the rest of the HUD information?
    Thank you

10. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

my entry list is correct, but the switch of the drivers is not possibile!
    what's the correct procedure to swap the driver? thanks

11. It's a private or public server? Just work in private servers.

12. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Yes, but spectators still use the slot... So no point to add spectators because they use the drivers slot.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Can you raise max clients in configuration.json ?
    "maxClients": 30,

I haven't had a full server to test as yet but I wonder if this would work even if grid limit is 30, spectators shouldn't need grid spots. If it doesn't work yet maybe that's how it will be implemented.

14. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

If you change 30 to 35 as example... Server will change to 30... Tested.
    If you have 30 drivers on server, spectator will have an error - server is full. Tested.

Rolz and martcerv like this.
  15. Very sad news.

16. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

It appears to be a bug actually; the manual seems to imply that we have nearly total freedom over how many total connections a server can have:

"The maximum amount of connections a server will accept at a time. If you own the hardware server, you can just set any high number you want."
    "maxClientsOverride: Possibility to override the “maxClients” value in the “configuration.json”. Can only reduce that value. Use it if you e.g. rented a 24 slot server, but want to restrict it for some reason. Defaults to 30." *This seems to be bugged, any change to this value is totally ignored or stuck at the default 30 when raising maxClients above 30
    "Spectators still use server resources, so they will be limited by the total “maxClients” count – however spectator slots are not limited by the global limit of 30 cars, nor do they occupy pit slots."

Servers throw an error when reducing the maxClients back to 30, referring to "settings.json", where "maxClientsOverride" is supposed to be.

So with the option to change the "maxClientsOverride", we should be able to prevent the exe from reducing any value over 30 (for maxClients) by changing its value to either match or be slightly below "maxClients"; unfortunately this is what appears to be broken as of now

Arbuzzz likes this.
  17. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

the server is password protected

18. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

the server is password protected
    what's the correct proceure to swap driver?

19. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

Looks like the prefix on the filename follows the type = 0 for qualifying, 1 for race.

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sorry guys, I'm late on responding but we're pushing hard on the next update.

Yes that's correct. The intention is clear, if it doesn't work it's a bug.

ok I will look into that. Just to be clear, those are the limits involved out of my head:

maxClients: basically a way to let a server hoster artificially restrict connections, so he can run different price models (ie 16 slot servers, 24 slot servers). The major factor are cars; so we should be able to add a few more spectators (sharing slots with non-driving team connections), but not unlimited of course

maxClientsOverride: lets the server admin (not hoster) restrict the max clients to have more sophisticated options; ie run 29/29 cars so he can always join via entry list entry.
    Cannot be higher than maxClients, so this can be overridden by maxClients

hardcoded: 30 cars limit (will be lifted for private MP some day), overrides
    Will override maxClientsOverride if necessary

rating restrictions: may also lower maxClientsOverride

pit slots: if a track doesn't have enough pit slots, maxClientsOverride will be lowered accordingly

specator slots: should work vs. maxClients only