1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "I don't know any other sim which has such a sophisticated pit radio"? Can I suggest Project Cars 2, iRacing, F1 2018 and anything else that has Crew Chief support? Or have I misunderstood you?

The opponent radar is very good though. Only thing that rivals it is the one in GT Sport.

PiretSS2000, Lawndart and XettMan like this.
  2. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Sophisticated pit radio?
    I want CrewChief. He's the one and only.

Lawndart, Arlo, trasgu and 5 others like this.
  3. Darkenend

Darkenend Rookie

Now that Crew Chief is mentioned, is the memory shared gonna be expanded? It'd be nice to be able to make dashes and use CrewChief.

4. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I think Kunis should do it.
    A real sim without CrewChief and other dash stuff is not a complete sim.

5. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Bet you will be here in a week or so, at the next patch delivery:D

trasgu, After_Midnight and Coanda like this.
  6. chakko

chakko Alien

No, you didn't misunderstand me. :) Third party tool support excluded, of course.

I wasn't aware though that all those sim do support CrewChief, so, that's indeed news to me. I still think ACC has the most sophisticated pit radio out of the box though. You can also use lots of mods and apps in AC to extend features and functionality, but, you can't compare that with other sims, which don't have support for apps, or didn't get modded to such an extent. So, i mean the base product, of course.

7. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

But existing pit radio is not useful at all. I know that my tires are cold in the outlap...
    CrewChief gives you much much more and important information, cheers you up and includes a spotter.
    Radar app of course is cool and very useful, but pit radio not.

Arlo, F1Aussie and BrakeCheck101 like this.
  8. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Why the game tells me that there is not CP servers in my region? Im in Spain..

9. Maybe I'm missing something with ACC, but for me, even the base product of F1 2018, iRacing and Project Cars 2 has better pit radio than ACC right now.

Completely agree. I really hope Crew Chief can support ACC soon, because one of the things putting me off playing ACC right now is the lack of radio.

I know I'm probably going to sound like some sort of realism snob, but I'd really like to race without any HUD on (apart from virtual mirror or maybe the radar app, partly due to my lack of VR options and single screen only issues at the moment), so I can immerse myself in the game a bit more. I can't really do that without a crew chief to ask what position I'm in, how many laps of fuel I have left, the gaps to the cars in front or behind etc etc.

I know I can just press F2 a few times to get the HUD back up with all this info, but that just kills immersion for me.

However, I completely appreciate, I'm probably one of a very small group that feels this way.

At the same time though, Kunos do keep repeating that they want ACC to be a simulator more than a game, so...

SYBER1AN, Arlo, trasgu and 2 others like this.
  10. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Am I missing something here?
    Can you please elaborate why?

sps_for_race likes this.
  11. Darkenend

Darkenend Rookie

The pit radio is bad on ACC, so unless Kunos puts some significant effort on it or just allows people to use an external tool, like Crew Chief, it's gonna be bad. It just doesn't give enough info and at least to me it just tells me when I've done a new personal best, and this isn't enough.

It's not really a big issue or a high priority either, it'd be something nice to have, I'd rather have the 2019 content before radio if I have to choose between one of them.

XettMan likes this.
  12. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Kunos should not try to invent the wheel once more.
    Just populate data for external tools like CrewChief and all is done.

trasgu and F1Aussie like this.
  13. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Why limit ourselves to what is already out there? Realism has been central to ACC, and I have a feeling that Kunos will put the same attention to detail to pit crew comms once they get the bandwidth.

I'd rather see what they envisaged for this title, than default to Crew chief (which is a great app, but I have no idea how accurate it is in the context of Blancpain GT).

If we stopped reinventing the wheel, we'd still be riding along on these:

[​IMG]

14. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think you should assume that such a feature is in the works. I'd have kind of expected it to be in the final release if it was. I kind of think the Pit radio is what it is unless someone can confirm otherwise.

If the pit radio isn't going to get a serious upgrade I think they should just open the game up to crew chief. It's a great app that would really increase immersion.

Arlo, XettMan and Rolz like this.
  15. Darkenend

Darkenend Rookie

Why not expand the memory access and let us use what's already out there before they make their own solution? After all it wouldn't hurt anyone to have the option to do any of those 2 things.

XettMan likes this.
  16. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I am quite sure that pit radio will not be enhanced anymore. And I am 100% sure that if pit radio would be enhanced, it never would get the huge content, quality and immersion CrewChief provides already. And do not forget the spotter.
    So maybe some or many people are satisfied with pit radio in its actual state. I am not. I miss CrewChief very much.

17. This is a very good point. I would have guessed most of us would be more than happy if ACC had Crew Chief support alone and nothing else.

I imagine it's a very complicated thing for Kunos to code a really good crew chief in the game and I don't want them to waste their time on it, when it would be quicker, easier and cheaper to just link up with the people/person behind Crew Chief and make it work with the game.

XettMan likes this.
  18. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Do don't even need to get in contact with Jimmy Britton.
    Just provide the data, document it and the rest will be done by the CrewChief team.

Arlo likes this.
  19. Glygoo

Glygoo Rookie

It's not useful to be told to "Keep pushing" after you have been DQ'd for speeding in the pitlane either.

(Must remember to update my PC spec below, it's well out of date).

20. Crunch

Crunch Racer

While this is a great and cool title, Kunos are going to have to figure out how to expand it with DLC to keep the 'new and exciting' factor going. Otherwise, I'm not sure how long of shelf life this one is going to have.