1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rodmap Post Release

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by James P, Jun 10, 2019.

1. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't agree more.
    ACC does so much really well at the moment. When combined with Kunos's reputation for delivering on their promises, I find it really hard to justify some of the impolite posts on these forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

renato63 likes this.
  2. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

No one has the right to be disrespectful because of a delay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Arlo, Dookie, Pekka and 6 others like this.
  3. Hugo de Wit

Hugo de Wit Rookie

Actually you don't have a right to be disrespectful. Just because you paid a few dollars doesn't give you a "right" to disrespect any other person. You however have a right to complain and be disappointed i guess.

Roberto Olivetti, Son, Arlo and 4 others like this.
  4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

While i understand that but seriously would you enjoy good racing if physics are simcade at best? PC2 and F1 are no good even iracing is not close to ACC IMO.
    I play sim to drive the cars by that comment i meant i don't like racing at all so for me good tracks and physics are only selling point.

5. It's all subjective :)

PC2 physics are not amazing, but I got a good year's worth of gameplay out of it, despite its limitations.

F1 2018 actually has pretty decent physics imo. I'm terrible at the game, but I think for a mass market title, they've done a bloody good job of simulating it, while not making it too niche.

iRacing's physics are some of the best I've experienced. I'd like to think that Max Verstappen, Lando Norris and Nicki Thiim wouldn't use iRacing if they thought the physics weren't good enough - but they do!

ACC does have the best physics out of everything I've played, happy to say that.

But I think it speaks volumes that even a professional racing driver like David Perel plays GT Sport (and is very, very good at it!). And that's because the competitive racing is just as important as the physics, FFB, immersion etc. It's not all about physics for people to enjoy a racing title.

As I say though, it's all subjective.

The only issue I had with your post was that you stated physics are "all that matter". I couldn't disagree more. Don't get me wrong, we all want the best/most realistic physics that we can get through our limited FFB steering wheels, but if Kunos or any other developer believed that they are "all that matter", they're not going to make much money out of their sim/game.

Traind, Stickdeath1980, Son and 3 others like this.
  6. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

This so much, as I said before, remember this is a game, just having amazing car and tracks won't do, you need the whole game structure around it if you want this to succeed, and that's where it's lacking A LOT.

BrakeCheck101 and XettMan like this.
  7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yea i was talking my opinion.
    Also pro drivers prefer iracing and gtsports because it has good enough physics BUT more importantly it helps them to keep improving their race craft so just because pro drivers play it doesn't make it best sim.They got actual real car to test physics lol.
    So for them even f1 physics are good enough if it has good multiplayer.

A-Jin likes this.
  8. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

As it should be, since these are games first and simulators second.

9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Nope it is a sim with some game aspect in it.If you want to play games play codemasters game or gtsports.

Traind and A-Jin like this.
  10. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Sorry it's a video game first. The truth must hurt I know.

Stickdeath1980 likes this.
  11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Tell me,
    Are simulator aspects in this "game" are top notch? or gaming aspects (MP,A.I,carrier)?
    The answer will tell you the focus of this software.
    Edit:I'm not hurt lol.I got what i wanted a realistic sim with top physics and now if they even abandoned the whole MP,A.I and carrier mode i don't care i got what i wanted.

12. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

The game aspects are bad because they failed, not because it's not supposed to be here. Why the hell do you need a career, championship or multiplayer structure in a simulator? A simulator is just a software for testing.

You are a gamer, not a virtual racer.

XettMan likes this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

Wouldn't agree with that at all. If I wanted a game I'd buy GT or one of those games. I've expressed this opinion before. Sims are closer to hobbies than games, and the game part of any simulator is simulating the machine. It's getting to operate a machine authentically.

That's the way sims have always been, I'm not knocking adding gaming elements to that but what will always matter more than anything is the simulation value.

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Couldn't have said it any better

15. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I think we will be able to speake about how is ,"the game" in a few week/month, when the game/sim will be finished. With all the features regarding solo part.
    For now it's obvious that the roadmap is all about bug hunt, adding features, etc.

16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Thats the answer.You tell your self all the lies you want but this is a sim,you want carrier mode play other stuff.
    Don't blame devs because they did not meet your arcade expectations.
    Infact they have succeeded in creating most authentic feeling cars and accurate tracks thats what sim is all about.

17. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

You did not quote the whole thing.

They did not meet the expectations of a lot of people...

Yes, and the result is poor reception and number of players keep going down everyday. In other words, the game did not deliver enough.

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Lol is it a rule to quote whole thing.
    idc about people leaving or no MP
    i got what i wanted THE END.

19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I consider the gaming aspect of ACC to be of paramount importance, the championship part in particular, the career probably not so much, at least for me.

The possibility to simulate the 2018 Blancpain season (and soon the 2019 season as well), both in single player Championships as in multiplayer leagues, with all the races, the cars and the drivers present in every race, with all the intrinsic details of the series, be it the session length, number of cars, driver swaps, rules, dynamic weather, tyre sets available, etc., etc., is certainly something quite appealing for the enthusiast that I am which, added to an astounding care with physics, sounds and graphics, for both cars and tracks, makes a very compelling title and something that can very well become a very good franchise of the series and open the possibility for future SRO content to be added in the form of DLC or other wise.

The simulation aspect is crucial for me, because I just love to have all those little details, from which engine map to use due to weather conditions, race length or fuel strategy, as far as the suspension, aerodynamics or engine position of each car that forces to drive it accordingly, but being a GT series title, to have the series gameplay available as well is quite significant.

Blancpain GT3 is about racing and that's the gaming part of ACC, because all the details, physics, weather conditions, gorgeous tracks, etc., are elevated when making use of it all for racing the series, either in single player or online.

Traind likes this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

That's fair enough to say and obviously not great for Kunos, it's not good to have a lot of people out there claiming the game has failed..... to meet their expectations.

But I think those people are blowing things out of proportion and that's common all over the place in every industry. People are very quick to go resort to over the top public shaming of companies when things aren't as they expected, we seem to forget that with small companies, the people working there are personally invested in their product, they are nothing like large corporations here no one is accountable.

ACC will likely be developed for years to come (at least I hope it is), there is no hard end to the development of this product if it's like AC. So we don't need to panic that something isn't up to scratch now, constructive criticism is fine and will help make ACC better going forward, but there's a lot of cry baby stuff ruining the debate. It's very hard to listen to a grown man (which I'm assuming most of us are) have a tantrum over what they describe as a "game".

I can appreciate that once you get invested in the sim it can be infuriating when things don't work out. I think if I had turned on ACC on my one free weekend when it went version 1 and it didn't work for me I might have actually cried a little. But it worked fine thankfully. Although plenty of people were speaking publicly on my behalf by declaring the game was completely broken and we'd all been had by Kunos.

ignission and chksix like this.