1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #132 – The first to hatch.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 1.34.037 Pretend racer PC
    2- 1.35.312 F1415182235 XB1
    3- 1.35.682 Mustang 500 XB1
    4- 1.35.688 Lewisxbone XB1
    5- 1.36.554 Emmanuel Tubbiolo XB1
    6- 1.36.697 Total Wrytoff PS4
    7- 1.36.988 Moodyryder PS4
    8- 1.37.464 Biner PC

2. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Have had a go with this, but brands hatch is a circuit I don’t know well ( better no after 1.5 hours) nice car but struggling to get under 1.41 so no time posted yet. Will catch up later and read through if any recommendations on set ups are posted and watch any video posted. That long tightening left hander after the hairpin is really costing me time as is the third from last right hander at the crest of the hill.
    Will invest more time later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tibor Sólyom

There is very nice video from Pretend racer #12

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement ish

1.35.484 - X1X

[​IMG]

5. I'm actually a bit shocked. My sympathies Pretend racer.
    I looked this area up on Goggle maps and nearly fell off my chair - I see what you mean about the roads!! Not a natural corner for thousands of miles! However, you must have utterly perfected the 90degree turn. Unbelievable! Even the little roads in between...
    I notice, optimistically, just right of Trochu, there seems to be a wriggly bit! Or, to the left, Consort to Czar....?:D:D
    upload_2019-6-12_17-2-38.png
    Fingers crossed the new track gets built quickly and you can get some relief!!

6. It's a tricky track to learn.
    After watching Pretend racer's vid, you could also enter a quick race - 5 laps, Alien level, same make - do your best, no rush, and at the finish, watch the lead car replay on Chase 2 view.
    You can also use the Driving Line option in Hotlap.
    I'm no expert, but Surtees requires lots of patience. You have to keep tight and wait and wait until the car is straight and can see through the exit, then watch out for the bump!

7. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Living on the prairies does have its benefits, we have lots of clean fresh air and its the sunniest place in Canada, and I can literally see the horizon (which is probably 50-100 km away) from my backyard. You can watch your dog run away for days, as they say. But its terrible for motorsports, which is why I put a lot of time into my simracing - I have no other choice lol.

Mind you, I spend a lot of time dreaming too. I would go for the bronze membership, and also get the kart membership when its available. Then I'd have a garage at the track to keep my racecar and tools and everything. I'd probably buy something like this
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-car...ar/1435931321?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

or this
    https://www.racing.ca/?section=view_post&id=1598&title=Classic+MGB+1963+Vintage+Race+car

Then I'd be living the dream!

I am dreaming though, based on the timescale they aren't planning on starting to pave until 2020 and I bet it will take at least a year or two to get it done. So I'll have plenty of time to keep dreaming, or more importantly, work on convincing the wife I need a boatload of cash to support this dream :D

8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Brilliant story. Makes me realise we probably all live in the 4 corners of the world. I'll say the 3 years waiting is what you need to have an elaborate strategic plan to convince the wife..
    They both looks amazing but the MGB catched my eyes. You're giving me ideas but I need a 5 year plan. Anyway, you know you will always have a garage to put your magic tools in WHC..

9. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Ps4

20190612_215612.jpg

Much more sedate than PR's video.

10. 4 corners? You don't need to rub it in...:D I know for sure that you enjoy "molte belle curve" in Italy!

Besides - the lack of bends in the local roads, the fresh air, sunshine and loss of pets, create one of our favourite, most enlightening and top drivers in WHC.:rolleyes:

@Pretend racer - I'd steer clear of the MG (and classics) unless you are rich! They will need constant and expensive attention and IMO the chassis won't be up to your level of excellence.
    Caterham, Caterham, KTM or similar if there's the budget. If not, a cheaper Caterham... or MX-5 and racing mods as you go: Tyres - brakes - suspension - engine.
    I've spent lots of money to learn lighter is better. After quite a short while, churning through tyres, brake discs and pads every track session saps the enjoyment. Even if you can afford it, you end up thinking about £££s which heavily affects how late you brake and how hard you accelerate!

I found this quote, which says it all:
    "In 1957, Colin Chapman built a lively little two-seater sports car. The car was designed to be ‘fit for purpose.’ Chapman wanted owners to be able to experience the joy and pride of building their own car and then take it on track.
    To that end, he came up with the mantra “Simplify, then add lightness” and the Seven was born."
    (the "Seven" is now the Seven 270, although, dreaming, I'd pick the 420 with Race pack and carbon seats)

11. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Calm and collected. Surprised that wasn't a 35.

12. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:36.801
    PC IMG_0264.jpg

This car reminds me of two songs....for those who are 1:35 and under, the song is "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. For those of us stuck in the 1:36's and above....the song is "She Ain't Pretty (She Just Looks That Way)" by a little known Canadian band, The Northern Pikes!
    Seriously, turned TC off and it really resulted in some promising potential to lower lap time. That one change gave me a full second very quickly (after I learned how to do a full lap without TC). Turned sound up and that helped to get the throttle management in the sweet spot when it really matters.

A demain!

13. F1415182235

1:34.927
    [​IMG]

Now that I finally got into the 34s I realize I can do better. This hotlap stuff is addicting!

14. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

KTM xbow - $100 000+, I found two Caterhams - $40 000 - 70 000, a couple of Lotus super sevens at around $25 000. All of those would be out of my range for "play money". Besides I'm not even sure I would fit in any of those cars with a helmet on. Yes I know they are convertibles but I think that my head would be above the roll cage bar, or there won't be enough leg room. I'm 6'5"...
    Do you think I would fit in one of these?
    https://www.racing.ca/?section=view_post&id=1523&title=2002+Renault+Tatuus+Race+Car

I think that would be the ultimate track day weapon.

I would want a car with RWD,,manual transmission, and a rollcage already built in, so I was looking at track specific cars, and they aren't cheap. The classics are cheap to buy at least, and there are already racing classes designed for those cars. I can deal with maintenance costs, just not a big upfront cost. The only trick would be parts availability for an import like the MGB or austin. I'm not afraid to use a spanner!

I would just wait to see what type of racing would be allowed on the track days and buy a car to suit. I'll continue to dream, sorry for derailing the thread...

Btw, I have had She ain't pretty she just looks that way, stuck in my head since I read your post Biner. Catchy tune.

15. Tibor Sólyom

Don't feel sorry, it's on-topic, we all are dreaming we are racing aren't we? :D
    I would pick the MGB from all of them.

16. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Yes the 4 corners was a good joke but didn't do it in purpose..
    I need to clarify that I actually live in Dublin as my wife is Irish and won the fight a long time ago.. long story short as I think I had about 10 lifes, from both sides my family are crazy Sicilian that move to Marseille and that's where I grew up. My be loving town. Crazy town also. Maybe it is better to have kids in Dublin as sometimes I ask myself how I made it that old.. the trail for people that know is Palermo-Marseille-New York but I got lost on the way..

17. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:36.629
    PC

This hot lap song: Danger Zone! Top Gun...pas moi!!

Attached Files:

18. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

First few laps getting used to the car.

1:36:984 PC

OculusScreenshot1560452677.jpeg

19. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Real ChaosChris xb1 1.39.348
    Thanks for the tips, it’s a bit of a handful without Tc but gotta learn somehow! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. F1415182235

Felt so good about the lap that I had to upload it.