1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please ladies and gentlemen, race ACC online

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by menos | M6, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Since 1.02 ACC is really good in VR. I had major AA issues that made it fairly unplayable but now it looks great, probably better then 0.72 EA. Have not had any crashes myself, some functionality, especially surrounding the pit actions aren’t really workable in VR yet but for most racing that’s not a huge issue and should hopefully be sorted soon

2. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

ACC is the most beautiful woman (SIM) on the block (Net), so passionate(engaging) in bed (physics), that every man(simracer) wants to have it for a night (ride). But that woman (SIM) is so damn dumb in everyday life (no matchmaking) that no one will want to marry her (stay with ACC) . I certainly hope that many people will purchase ACC (so devs. will get rewarded for their hard work), but without matchmaking I just don't see it becoming a hub for passionate simracers. Today the HUB is Iracing and whoever creates product that can hold attention for longer then a few days (weeks) will command the market. I love ACC (MP) but garden variety leagues is the most I can see ACC at (just like original AC).

XettMan and eRacer212 like this.
  3. JKI

JKI Gamer

To be honest, I do not see a reason to race often in public lobbies online. Especially not when I have such a great AI in singleplayer:

4. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

5. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

someone.jpg

"Someone give this man a pen"

6. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Lack of online leaderboards could be caused by the f**ing GDPR which killed MR in AC.

7. FX2K

FX2K Racer

It's only a policy that the end user either opts in to, or by default is not opted into.
    It's not difficult for a company who likely already has (or should have) in place, something concerning GDPR, their staff are provide 'personal, identifiable info too'

8. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

9. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

10. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Pff, racing online is a hazard....I can tell you this: if you want to farm SA, your best bet is racing offline, not online.

Yesterday some douche rammed me in highspeed from behind at Silverstone. He did apologise, but nonetheless I received negative SA. Today at Brands I twice accidently hit cars that spun infront. Result? Negative SA...so from qualifying, trying to keep your place in the formation lap (sometimes people will overtake you during formation lap - HOW I dont know) and then trying to race with your best effort actually resulted in losing SA rather than gaining.

So no...henceforth, I will load my old, tired CPU with AI racers instead until I qualify for 70+ rated servers. Though I seriously have my doubts if the racing there really is any better.

11. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

v1.0.0 killed multiplayer, patch 1.0.1 made it work, patch 1.0.2 killed the entired game for me (can't start it anymore). So what do you want. I would like to race online, just can't get it started. Ugh.

MTv likes this.
  12. OT
    Maybe you already tried this, but it may help. Try deleting (or renaming) 2 folders, to have ACC reset to defaults for many settings
    (but you won't loose setups and controller settings, that are in a different folder: YourUser/Documents/AssettoCorsaCompetizione folder).

Folders to delete or rename:
    YourUser/.AppData/AC2
    YourUser/.Appdata/Unreal Engine

MTv and menos | M6 like this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Also make sure you have full screen selected in settings, if it’s not can cause crashes

14. chakko

chakko Alien

Affirmative. :)

menos | M6 likes this.
  15. supanova

supanova Gamer

Multiplayer needs more structure. I would rather race the AI than compete against people I may never have seen before and may never see again. What it needs is a multiplayer championship with practise and race servers that gives a reason to show up week after week. But apparently Kunos have no intention of doing that.

Patrik and menos | M6 like this.
  16. I find that hard to believe when you look at something like iRacing which holds (pretty much) everyone's real names on their leaderboards.

I find "farming" of SA offline a bit tedious and kind of pointless.

Your SA rating will be what it will be. If you're clean and good at reading situations where you might get hit, then it will get higher. If you're not, then you keep getting involved in incidents and it'll get lower.

Unless you're actually just struggling in general to drive consistently and cleanly yourself, I'd recommend persevering and learning from mistakes you and those around you make online.

menos | M6 likes this.
  17. chakko

chakko Alien

iRacing is american, though.

chksix likes this.
  18. Gratulin

Gratulin Racer

It may be possible within the current structure of multiplayer to provide server admins with the ability to set schedules for race sessions on their own servers. Then ACC client only needs to enhance the multiplayer interface to display those server schedules. No need for any central management. Could be another panel like the current Quick Start that displays “Scheduled Races”. That way people would get to know when the good (for them) servers are going to be best to join. I know that I would love to know that there were servers at my SA level and my PC level set to run race sessions in an evening. This would attract like-minded racers to these servers while minimising the drop-in random racers who are less committed to staying the complete race session. These servers could act as “qualifiers for the CP servers. For example you pick up “provisional” CP points that gain you admission to the “real” CP server.

nangu, Tkeg and Oliver.Johann like this.
  19. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

That is EXACTLY how I treat ACC.
    I started really racing ACC only since the Porsche was released with v1.0 and a workaround for triple screen users became available.
    The first week I only raced online - didn't touch the AI once - it was amazing (users in the first week were really serious about racing and the numbers of online racers was much higher than now).

When the users started to taper off, many more had collected better SA ratings and even the min SA 60+ servers had lots of crash kids on I started to explore racing against full AI fields.
    This was great to get some kilometers on all the tracks I rarely used, build setups for all tracks and find my baseline pace on all tracks - as a side effect it rebuilt those stats I lost due to crash kids cleaning me off in online racing.

Now I find myself having good stats all around 85+ and into the 90s with some and I find racing the AI rather boring and just looking after your stats rather pointless.
    I find myself joining servers that race the odd tracks noone seems to race (Hungaroring, Misano to name just two).

There are MUCH less attendees (usually 4-8 people at most) but I regularly find some REALLY good racing against like skilled humans.

Racing humans who can push and be creative about different lines and be aggressive in safe ways is simply so much more exciting than racing any AI can ever deliver.

Currently though (and that was one of if not THE MAJOR POINT of my original post) there are NO REWARDS and NO INCENTIVES to truly race online, follow up on events, look forward to events, meet people, compete with people, rivalries building over the course of weeks and months of racing and following people through the leader boards.
    THAT is what I expected from the very first moment when I read ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE - I really hope Kunos treats it as such and builds the best competition platform for sim racing - the physics are already EXQUISITE, the graphics are pretty and getting better, the sounds are overall the most consistent, ... please Kunos give us proper COMPETITION.

There is nothing better than racing competitively against humans.

XettMan, jc1993 and BrakeCheck101 like this.
  20. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

Thanks both, did and tried that already. Even in the .ini files to make sure the full screen is on. Just black screen and POOF fatal error..