1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

Yes, as mentioned many times in this thread games based on UE4 can support it. And is it a surprise that the most requested feature in a “we want track or thread” is... track ir! :)

Now add up the distinction number of user account asking for it and compare it to units sold. There is a reason it is low priority...

2. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

hope they implement it so i can use Real head motion

3. RoccoRacing

RoccoRacing Rookie

293 pages and counting. Any official word, is it on your backlog?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

4. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

I bought the game right from the start, mainly because of how much fun I had with AC1, the omission of Head Tracking support however, has prevented me from even playing ACC for more than 20mins every couple of months. I don't suppose Kunos care much about that, BUT had I seen clearly in the marketing that Track IR / Head tracking would not be supported, I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I don't know what's happened to Kunos tbh, they just don't seem to be the same developers that garnered so much love and loyalty from fans as they did in AC1, something seems to be missing.

T.Plougholt likes this.
  5. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Missing TrckIR is defenetly an issue...

6. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

Right now Kunos probably have more important things to implement and fix, but I wish they had the time to implement head tracking rather sooner than later, because I really feel awareness impaired on my 16:9 monitor. :cool:

Guessing where corners start and end is no fun at all. :(

viffviff99 and Rhylthusming like this.
  7. tjitah

tjitah Rookie

I did a night time race in the rain and there is a dead spot in the middle of the windscreen where the wipers don't reach, which completely obscured many corners. That combined with the pillars on the sides, made it near impossible to navigate around the track and it was extremely unenjoyable. In real life or with TrackIR, it will only require a slight head movement to see perfectly. TRACKIR IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL FOR THIS GAME!

I actually feel so strongly about this that I'm considering refunding on Steam, despite loving almost every other aspect of ACC...

8. Otto_Matix

Otto_Matix Rookie

I don't think if ACC was to implement TrackIR that those who don't want to use would be forced too. If you're not going to use TrackIr don't, this tread is for those who wish to let the DEVs know that there are players who would like to see it.
    I for one use TrackIR in many sims including AC. It would be greatly appreciated by many if the DEVs could add a couple lines of code in the next patch. That's all we ask.

Thank you

9. supanova

supanova Gamer

I think it's time to either implement TrackIR support or to announce that it will not be supported. I don't think it's tenable to continue like this for another six months.

10. DClark

DClark Rookie

Without TrackIR this game is completely useless imho. Graphics and excellent driving models doesn't matter. A serious racing sim should never be developed without triple screen AND trackir support. This thing here is a complete desaster and a real shame. Using an Engine that doesn't support TIR and triple screen is ridiculous and completely useless for ANY serious racing sim or other sim-genres. I am absolutely disappointed about Kunos and i will stay away from their products in the future if TIR is not supported from the beginning. I really love AC and thank you Kunos for many amazing races in that game, but i can't support you any longer. Long time and no single answer if TIR and triple screen will be supported or not, only that it is low priority. This is a real shame! No words for this.
    This is only my personal opinion, it is just a game and not that important. Anyway i'll never understand.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    WardogZ, Roundlay, Mogster and 4 others like this.
  11. Each time TrackIR is mentioned somewhere, I see tons of people arguing that it's not necessary for some reason or another. The one thing obvious to me, is that these people never tried it, never bothered to set it up properly, or use a completely unrealistic FOV (if they're not using the chase cam, that is!). Otherwise they would know that it's definitely the next best thing after VR.

I've been using TrackIR for years in racing sims, and you can say whatever you want, its lack in a sim is a deal breaker to me. To be honest I bought ACC in pre-release because I assumed it would support it, as AC does, but so far I've only run ACC long enough to check its TrackIR support after each new release. And I won't play it until it supports it. I just can't. With the (correct) FOV I'm using, I can't even see my rear view mirrors.

So Kunos, if you're listening, please add TrackIR support. Thank you!

12. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I own à track IR, i used VR during more than a year (AC, iRacing,). I use a 35 FOV and a 34inch screen.
    I could never get used to track IR on sim racing, bought it for flight sim and love it when flying.

So, it seems that my reality is different from yours.
    I'm not saying that track IR is not needed, just that you can't claim yoir thought as an universal truth ;)

Son likes this.
  13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm still hopeful that TrackIR could make its way on the final stage of the update/patch phase pre-2019 season.
    Surely, the number of people that expressed willing to have TrackIR in ACC, by it self, isn't anything to make heads turn but, in simracing, it rarely ever is, but it's, at the very least, interesting to see that this is a subject that persisted during EA and still remains active after v1.0.

Some users are more motivated than others (myself included) to express their interest, but I've noticed that quite a few reached out, at least once, to let know of their interest in having TrackIR in ACC.
    If TrackIR can be implemented and not very time consuming to do nor causing any issues to other parts of the software, if Kunos would be kind enough to take some of their time, once some available, surely a chunk of the simracers, even if not in big numbers, will be quite happy with it.
    It's like having support for some particular steering wheels, that may be used only by a small part of the simracers, but, its support is very much welcome.

tjr likes this.
  14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

+1

15. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Same here, own a trackIR for several years and never get use to it on Simracing, more distracting than effective.
    Any how I would like to try it with ACC, who knows?

16. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Imho the point is: in simracing you don' t need the same amount of headtracking than in flight sims. For example I usually enable movement only on the horizontal axis when virtually driving a car. Too much freedom in view can be very distracting BUT some degree of head tracking is surely useful also in simracing........so trackir support from ACC would be welcome ....

Philippe Martin likes this.
  17. That's exactly what I meant by "properly set up". My yaw axis curve looks pretty much like a U, my pitch and roll curves are much flatter with a rather wide dead zone, and the other 3 axis are disabled. The result is very smooth and predicable, allowing me to look at apexes and corner exits that just wouldn't be visible otherwise.

cr4wl3r0 and SYBER1AN like this.
  18. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Don't watch this for the lap time as I grabbed this video for track introduction, but it shows off the advantages of head tracking nicely when using a realistic FOV:

Badly needed in ACC! :p

JonnyHoonIt, SYBER1AN, Jempy and 3 others like this.
  19. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Yeah, basically TIR is poorman's VR, less fov, no 3D, but with better resolution.

mister dog likes this.
  20. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Ok, but someone (me for example) prefers headtracking than VR, so I see nothing wrong supporting both, don' t you ? :)