1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

still too much divebombers

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Luciano Micale, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

still too much people trying to win a 20 min race in 10 secs at the start...you get rammed off and the safety rating goes down, why if someone comes into me i have to be penalized too?!? there no other way to solve it?!?
    Another thing, why at the start of the race with automatic ignition i am alwais late moving my car?!?the cars in front of me are way faster starting engines?!?
    thks for your answers

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay [1.7.5] AI on wets/medium rain are too fast still Mar 4, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality I have a 3080 and ACC still runs like garbage in VR - [UNDERSTOOD] Sep 28, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Ai still a bit too shall we say... sterile ? Mar 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI fuel and pitting on lap 1. Escape still ends race too early. Dec 12, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Triples, PP is (still) too bright and pos up/dn has no effect Aug 23, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI still too slow - a fix suggestion Jul 18, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Still way too many servers with outdated server version Nov 9, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Ac special events still too hard. Oct 19, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GT2 Packed still locked Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Is Cheating in ACC still possible -Seriously- Dec 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Shared Memory: AC version still reports 1.7 Apr 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Throttle blip OFF but still blipping. Feb 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American DLC - One great track, still must have Nov 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022

3. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I've noticed that too - with automatic start, you're always slower than the rest and many people are sooo impatient to start a 30 mins race (which most leave within 10 mins anyway) that they will bump you from behind and cause SA-loss for both you and him/her.

That's why I started racing offline instead to gain higher SA-rating. From now on I will try to join rated servers only and hope that will atleast help somewhat...

4. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Disable automatic start and fire your engine a few secs before the start.

For the SA rating, it is a shame when you're just rammed by an idiot, but there is some sort of logic in penalizing the guy in front because ugly defending needs no encouragement

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. Maybe Kunos should start the engine at least 15 secs before the formation lap starts in case of automatic engine start is selected.
    Also it will improving the whole start procedure by adding more space between the cars at the standing grid. If the car in front of you don't move there is no way to go around because of this close grid. You've to wait and someone will push you from behind out of the way and you'll "earn" bad points for safety rating too for all doing right.

To be honest I think the whole start/formation lap needs to be rethink by the developers.

BTW: @Minolin Is it possible to deactivate the penalties after crossing the finish line?

henkjansmits, Madsen and eracerhead like this.
  6. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Good points above, but for the last part I really don’t want to see a return of the Blue Brothers pileups at the end of the race that we see in other games, and they will happen with penalties off. It’s a stupid trend that reinforces poor race habits in newbies.

I’d much rather ease up on the throttle and continue around to my pitbox (while waving to the crowds, natch!)

After_Midnight and Radfahrer like this.
  7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Maybe you are braking too early

8. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

In low SA servers people crash into you before the formation lap even starts. and people are divebombing because they cant seem to grasp the concept of cold tyres and brakes so they overshoot massivly and take out half the field. Its mostly fine in 65/70 SA servers. i dont join lower ones anymore people are just being idiots. only thing you can do is either start from behind and let them crash themselves out or race the AI until you have high SA.

9. Gratulin

Gratulin Racer

There needs to be a lobby and quickjoin that only has rated servers. I want to set minimum SA and only see those servers.

10. Gratulin

Gratulin Racer

Perhaps each server needs it's own "live" SA rating to tell people how clean the current races are on that server?

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It really wouldnt matter even if everyone in an open server was SA90+ as people with any rating can join after you. Seeing peoples ratings in open servers would be no real benefit. Also no real reason to give any more incentives for people to want to join unrestricted servers.

Pick the min level you want to race at before you join by entry level. Anyone chosing to join open or low SA servers is accepting this standard so should have no expectations of the quality of field above that min level.

m_box97 and Gratulin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.