1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public beta" 1.0.5

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

I get that, and it was funny. But it's really not appropriate for a dev to publicly shame someone who was just trying to help.

2. Loeki

Loeki Gamer

How would u feel if u are an expert/designer/developer and put in a lot of hours into this, to then see people saying all kinds of 'nonesense' about your product. I feel for the dev team, they did an amazing job and aren't getting enough applause for it. Instead people get 'influenced' by the so called reviewers, 'influencers', experts, ... and they just go with what other people say online. Its like a hype train rolling backwards.
    We are living in a generation where reviewbombing, clickbait and fake news are generally accepted without critical thinking for themselves. The sim they made might have too many parameters for the average joe to comprehend so in stead of fine tuning/understanding/adapting to the issue, they think the game is broken. People running 10 seconds of the pace are not a good source of feedback for Kunos because they do not understand how to drive. Driving GT3 cars or (sim)racing for that matter is not an easy task. It is not for everyone. It's not like playing FIFA. The lack of sensory input is lower than the real world thing so ofcourse placebo effects will rise.

I do want to add that the tone is passive aggressive and tries a little mockery, but it isn't personal against this guy. He is just pointing out that this isn't the type of feedback they are looking for. Would expect a little more professionalism but don't be that guy who feels offended please.

junneh, chksix, trasgu and 4 others like this.
  3. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Well I am a developer so it's not hard for me to imagine, and i deal with those types of comments every day. And I make fun of the people who write them every day. But in private.

And im certainly not offended in anyway, just saying I don't think it was very appropriate.

mr Switchblade, Rolz, Pheebau and 4 others like this.
  4. Loeki

Loeki Gamer

Different companies, different cultures I guess. I have been camping these forums for a couple of years and I have seen worse than this from the devs, so don't take it too seriously. My guess is that they are not natively English so some comments might sound a little aggressive in English compared to Italian or Greek. Please don't make a thing out of this and stay on topic. :D

\END

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Think the point is that sometimes people perceive a change that’s not there so for the devs it can be hard to take some of the feedback onboard. I have good days and bad days, sometimes I can fly through the Zolder chicanes and some days I can’t, but that doesn’t mean something has changed, my driving is just off that day, or there’s temp difference in the track/air/tyres causing something just that little bit different and I’m not adapting accordingly.

Freddie Seng, Loeki and DiRTMark like this.
  6. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

Sure, but if the assumption is that users should only be reporting back feedback that the devs already know for a fact, then why are we even here? And if that's not the assumption, there has to be some exception that what is reported is not necessarily correlated/accurate.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

No one said not to report it, just don’t assume that when you think something has changed that it really has.

8. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Gamer

"This is exactly why we take user feedback with a truckload of salt."
    is not saying not to report it...? o_O

..LeRenard!, LATE4APEX and D.Jankovic like this.
  9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Got to love it when people take everything so seriouslly. Not the first time they said this and its used for people like in Curb behaviour thread where people report issue with curb but its them actually making a mistake in driving.

LeDude83, trasgu, Coanda and 2 others like this.
  10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Another thread clean inbound in 3, 2, 1....

11. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

I take this with a truckload of salt:p

henkjansmits likes this.
  12. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I never enter this forum with my bag of salt at my side.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

A bag of salt should be mandatory for everyone... Pls Kunos fix that asap! ;-)

14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Don't eat too much salt, can cause high blood pressure. Also, don't spend too much time on forums, can cause high blood pressure too :D

nangu, rycil and [ATF]Shanti like this.
  15. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

With the right amount of salt this forum is perfectly for people who love sal... soap operas

Oblit0r, Felge Schneider and rycil like this.
  16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

'Sodium' .....good name for a sim racing band

rycil likes this.
  17. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Damn, I'm on the wrong forum. I hate operas :p

19. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

That is my position also but I've changed my mind, really I spend so much time here, I love it... gettin unhealthy.... too much salt maybe

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Curious did this audio change alter the sound of the marbles? I was on a SPA MP server and I could hear more of what sounded like marble sounds on the race line all the way through the lap. I had no pickup on my tyres.. Maybe it was just a one off case.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019