1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rodmap Post Release

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by James P, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

first on my ignore list cool

2. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I'm probably going to get unpopular now, but I'm finding myself slightly agreeing with mktechno here. Slightly. :D

In order for us to be able to say what we think or mean we have to risk being interpreted as offensive or disrespectful, no? That doesn't mean that you should actively go out of your way to try to upset people obviously, and if you do then you should be prepared to take the consequences.

Yes, I would much prefer if people took this route. :)

Now, what was the topic again? Oh yes, roadmap.
    Sure, why not, if they have the time and energy.

3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Having fun and physics is wrong,i would rather have,having fun with physics.
    Just do 10 random racese with A.I and think of it as carrier mode.
    All that is missing is a Congratulations screen at the end.
    You understand my point? there is no difference between simple race with A.I and same race in carrier mode apart from some dialogue screens,congratulations screen,points system(which you can do it yourself anyways) etc.

A-Jin likes this.
  4. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Damn, imagine being this wrong.

5. plaid

plaid Alien

Its really interesting how different people react compared to Pcars2/SMS.
    Some really amazing mental gymnastics, too.

Anyway, in case of software that gets more and more complex people should give the studio time to fix it. But if they obiviously don't bother?
    I don't know how pleased a dev would be if people payed with flawed money, thats 40% less worth than what they ask for. Releasing garbage and complaining about cheap keys from questionable sites or illegal downloads... Not much sympathy for those.

One can also imagine that he has a sim thats far superior to any existing one and save the money for the game plus hardware .
    In your head you can also fix the problem that the AI doesn't overlapp cars efficently in endurance races.
    Also if this stuff isn't relevant I don't know why a dev includes them. Attracting people who care about good racing games? That would be pretty disrespectful, to put it nicely.

This isn't a professional tool for racedrivers, that would be the version that is aimed for those specificly. You can use it and see it as you like, but thats not relevant for anyone else.

Anyway, I don't know how productive it is when people try to protect a game or studio in a way the creators themeselves wouldn't do, like denying, sugarcoating etc..
    That gives plenty of fuel for those who like to lose it sometimes.

Racert46, Deyu and elchshooter like this.
  6. The intention was for ACC to be a sim. Unfortunately right now it's not 100% there yet. AI leaders can't overtake backmarkers. The lack of communication options between driver and crew chief are unrealistic. The inability to swap drivers is unrealistic. A 2 year "career mode" is unrealistic. You've got to realise that most people appear to want more than a quality physics engine to sim race these days.

And please don't sneer down on people who play F1 2018 or GT Sport. There's enough elitism in sim racing as it is.

Great post. Nailed it better than I could.

7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't have any problems with ACC.

MTv likes this.
  8. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

This. There's a mistaken notion in the simracing community that things like graphics are "arcade" aspects, and that "simulation" only means physics. That's untrue even if you're purely doing an engineering analysis, because there's almost certainly another engineer in your company doing a different type of simulation of how people will interact with your product. Why do you think the aviation industry has those multi-million dollar motion rigs with fully working cockpits? It's not to simulate the physics, but rather how the pilots interact with the environment in the cockpit.

A good racing sim doesn't need to have the most flashy graphics, but the graphics need to convey information to the driver the way he would see it in real life - no more and no less. If I have to be guided into my pitbox by a glowing red box instead of an animated figure waving a lollipop, this isn't simulation. Same goes for information over the radio - and there's hasn't been any excuse for replacing information that should come over the radio with some text on a screen overlay for a couple of decades, yet so many "sims" still do this. People laugh at Codemasters F1 series, but those "games" simulate so many aspects of racing better than most of the current crop of "serious" PC sims.

Trying to keep somewhat on the topic of the thread, if Kunos did provide a roadmap, or at least some information, on things that are obviously missing right now and whether they're being worked on or not, it would certainly help prevent some of the complaining (from myself included).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    tjr and Racert46 like this.
  9. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

No roadmap, no answers to questions, just no nothing from Kunos.
    We just have to sit and wait.
    After the weekend the heat wave arrives central europe so I will have to do a break from simracing, but since 1.0 I already do some kind of break, because in the evening I boot up the PC, start ACC, don't really know what to do with it, drive a 15 minute online race or a 25 minute career race, close ACC, shut down the PC and don't think anymore about last session, because nothing to win or gain, no incentives that drive you to stay longer or reappear the next day.

No online stats, no career stats and no information about planned features to looking for. Just some bug fixing since 1.0, that's it.
    Maybe most of developers are on vacation or busy with 2019 DLC, but I don't need more content, I need features for real competizione or at least some information what to expect in the near future.
    But nothing, nada, niente.
    Radio silence...

TurboNoob and ohjeah like this.
  10. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Roadmap for me is clear, ironing bug, deliver known laking features, and develop next free DLC.

11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

And what are the lacking features?
    I do not know what features Kunos plans to implement. Do you?

12. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Mid race save, custom skins, some rating issues.

13. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

That's it? Hahahaha.

XettMan likes this.
  14. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Some people spend a lot of time in the forums lately.

15. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Wow, this is a huge feature list. I am deeply impressed.

16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Seems to be more than actually racing !

17. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

So guys, you are complaining about an unfinish game (and you are right) , and un the same Time you want a road Map with features comming from nowhere.
    Personaly i know where are my priorities, obviously not the same a yours.

18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

It's more than that.;)

19. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

Agreed. This I think is a big frustration for everyone here - myself certainly.

Users see that features they expect to see in the sim are not there, and they post about it. Devs, who are probably massively overworked from doing their real jobs, don't respond to every request. Users interpret lack of response of as being ignored, and repeat many threads on the same topic, often becoming uncivil (I can't say I'm totally innocent). Devs, now probably feeling insulted as well as overworked, eventually have to respond and do so in a way that seems extreme to users. In the end everybody's understandably unhappy.

While obviously it would be bit of work, I do think more communication from the devs would be helpful - probably for the devs as well in the long run. That doesn't necessarily mean a roadmap in the sense of what was done for EA, especially if that would lead to users being even more frustrated when things don't go exactly as planned.

Ideally for me would be something like a pinned thread that lists commonly requested features, and any official response. "Working on it", "maybe later", "never going to happen", even just an acknowledgement that something has been requested would all be much more helpful than no communication at all. Maybe such a list is something that could even be compiled by the users, and updated when the devs respond to or tag particular topics.

I will say that from my own experience, Kunos were actually pretty good about fixing some issues that I posted about during EA - although due to the lack of communication I really have no idea whether I had any influence or not. ;)

EsxPaul and XettMan like this.
  20. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I don't think they will release another roadmap (most gamers I know would've run out of patience by now), but at least there's some comfort in knowing that the 2019 patch will arrive during the summer.