1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hilarious things happening in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by isma_c_r, Jun 21, 2019.

1. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

If you pit in Spa, after the first corner you go downhill across the second pitbox row, right? If you press the clutch, instead of going at 48 (pit limiter on) the car rolls by itselft to 51, which is very useful to overtake your opponents... until the exit, where you get disqualified for pit speeding hahahhaha

Is there any other funny or curious things you have found in ACC

Radfahrer likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Damn coyotes..:d hilarious Jul 19, 2014
    Screens & Videos Take a drive around the Ring with Augusto Farfuss - hilarious Mar 3, 2014
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Sixty Simthings Jan 31, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Strange things after loading mid-save race Dec 9, 2022
    ACC User Interface DLSS Problem. Image Scalingis missing [DLSS and IS are two different things] Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Removing not important things in graphical option Aug 20, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 222 - Italian Merc with a Bent Panorama view of things. Apr 17, 2021
    ACC Physics Help understanding a couple of things in the dampers histogram Jan 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions First things First Oct 28, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos, are these two things possible? Oct 4, 2020
    General modding discussion is it possible to change textures of things like vegetation and buildings? Sep 14, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Stupid things wreaking a good game Aug 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room I don't have permissions to view and download things Jun 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Things we would like to see added or enhanced in ACC (not a bug compliant thread) Jun 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Several things Apr 5, 2020

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I would think, that if gravity was sufficient to accelerate the car to 51, obviously with the clutch pushed in, all of what you stated, would naturally happen, and be correct.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Salvatore Amato, jaxx_za and LeDude83 like this.
  4. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

I haven' t said it is a mistake, it' s just funny (to me) that letting the car roll to 51 overtaking in pits to end up disqualified.

But now you mentioned, the car stays at 51 downhill, instead of keeping accelerating little by little, so probably it is some kind of (stupid) bug that no one cares

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Why does it have to be a bug? If you let any car roll downhill in neutral, there comes a point where the acceleration caused by gravity will be matched by the deceleration from aerodynamic and mechanical drag, as well as rolling resistance and maybe a few factors I forgot to mention, and the car will mantain a constant speed. I guess that for race cars with slick tyres and lots of aero bits the forces slowing down the car are far greater than on road cars, so 51 sounds reasonable.

LATE4APEX, MTv and AchillesXI like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I think the most hilarious things I have come accross in ACC are some of the threads that get created.. :p:D

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Now I'm trying to imagine how someone can find it hilarious that a car goes at 51km/h with the clutch disengaged. That's gotta be quite a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

8. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

It’s just you guessing. Exactly like me, nothing else. In any case I don’t care if it’s a big or not, it’s irrelevant

You don’t have to participate of it if you don’t want, or if you don’t find it funny!

It seems you understood literally nothing. Going at 52 is not the funny thing. It was funny for me going all along the boxes overtaking and taking advantage of my new finding until reality kicked in at the end of boxes. Just that.

But thank you for the compliment!

GRFOCO and SimGuy_1 like this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

It can be hilarious for some people and i personally find it interesting and i thank OP for that.
    No need for that attitude.

10. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Got bumped in a Monza race in T1 today … it shut down my wheel .
    That was kinda hilarious since it was a rather soft bump …

Let´s see what a new install of driver and firmware does .

isma_c_r likes this.
  11. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm not guessing, I'm telling you how physics work in real life and in the simulator, my comment was by no stretch of the imagination exactly like yours.
    Guessing is blaming something on a supposed bug when you don't understand physics.

12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I keep telling the engineer to shut up as he's putting me to sleep:p I'm yelling at a game:D

isma_c_r and Radfahrer like this.
  13. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

You mean like switched off? for a bump? that's curious and weird (guessing not funny though, at least for you...)

Oh, you are telling me? sorry scientific, I guess you've been in Spa and know how steep is the boxes straight, and in addition you know pretty well all the aero and friction numbers affecting a car, you made your calculation in a paper.

I strongly recommend you to take a book and learn to read, since I never said (particularly at first) that it was a bug, just a curious thing. And after that, I suggested the possibility (do you know what that means? suggesting something?)

How idiot you can be, buddy. Reacting like a stupid child because I "attacked" somehow "your" game suggesting a possible issue which would be, as I stated, absolutely irrelevant. "you don't understand physics", astonishingly rude, great expert of nothing. People like you is absolutely unnecessary in this forum. Go bother to a different thread and, please, tell you parents to teach you some basic manners

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't need to know any numbers to know what drag, friction and rolling resistance do. The best part is that your answer to something you can't explain is a supposed bug, and somehow I'm the idiot here.
    And why do I care if you "attack my game?", first of all I didn't see that as an attack to any game, I was just clarifying that my explanation was not even close to your guess in terms of accuracy.

It's so ironic to see that, after throwing this big hissy fit you say I'm rude. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  15. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

ciao!

16. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Or you could fly in the pits without the pit limiter at high speed pass everybody and get disqualified aswell. The funniest thing to happen is people spinning around during the damn formation lap and taking you out :D

17. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

i see this happening in the T1 on spa in formation lap

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

How about AI taking me out on the 1st corner at Spa,... while on the formation lap,... :)

isma_c_r and ..LeRenard! like this.
  19. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Exactly where i got taken out i ques they hit the curb or something

20. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

Nah, when the car is going under 40kph or less the TC doesn't trigger and having too much wheel rotation specially on the T1 in spa will make your car spin out

21. A strange thing that I can replicate: pit limiter only working in 1st gear. If I shift to 2nd I can accelerate normally in the pitlane (maybe this is as expected, not sure really..). The weird thing is that I never got any speeding penalty (and penalties/damages are enabled, double checked).
    Could this be a bug due to automatic pit limiter enabled in the settings? Any idea?