1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public beta" 1.0.5

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

If I was Kunos I would disable the notification feature on these forums. That keeps some "discussions" going forever.

Anyway I have seen a bunch of stuff where there was useful feedback on physics related issues and things were solved ultimately, even with a bunch of people on these forums claiming "no issue", "driver error" etc.

..LeRenard! and Racert46 like this.
  2. joker_89

joker_89 Gamer

I'm sorry my feedback was inappropriate.
    However, I've been driving the huracan since the first EA release and today I noticed I could ride the kerbs with more confidence. The only thing different was the new beta version. Someone else agreed with me in the kerb behaviour thread.

I didn't want to create confusion, I had actually chimed in to report than I've been driving for hours today both SP and MP without experiencing freezes or crashes.
    Like everyone here I appreciate your hard work and always look forward to fire up ACC.

broadappeal, Dookie, Loeki and 8 others like this.
  3. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

Played 1.0.5 - booted up correctly this time
    - but the folders I still had to copy over myself, as they're still being initially created somewhere else and the game then searches for them in another directory - I posted that before at: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-secure-crt-invalid-parameter-detected.58486/. It is marked as "workaround", but still a bug that affects saving career state and controller state / settings / etc..). But that was not in the list to "fix".
    - Had no in-game crashes at all (since 1.0.4 actually), could play well for about an hour or so.
    - I love the new career tile showing the % completed, that is a nice and welcome addition. Props for that!
    - One extra positive sideffect thing I did notice is that loading presets from the controller now works, so that is fixed at my pc.
    - Shifting up with X-button still doesn't work, but again, that wasn't why this bèta was for.
    - Performance wise I didn't notice any big differences yet - but I'll see on the longer runs with more cars on track.

Those are my 2cents from testing.

Later on will uninstall and directly install from bèta 1.0.5 to test more. But it seems there's more things fixed than reported in the changelogs, is that correct?

To add a polite answer to this - this is exactly why I asked multiple times for better forum management, or to take the devs away from it. It must be frustrating for them, as it is for certain others.

4. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

5. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

The completed percentage indication in the career tile is a first step into the right direction. Why didn't they set the second step and added also the points and medal state info in this tile?
    Step 3 would be a huge step: bring back career statistics tab in player profile section. On this page you could see the history of already completed career path with all the statistics like points, medals, times, rankings and yet to do career races.
    Right now you see your points (nobody knows what they are for and what they mean and why they are existing and your medal status and again nobody knows what it is for and what it means and why it is existing).

Right now you cannot even see your overall ranking in the current career championship. In what kind of championship you cannot see the overall ranking?:confused:
    "Sorry Mr. Hamilton, you cannot be F1 world champion 2019, because there is no overall ranking.":p

And before somebody writes about poor developers bla bla bla. I earn my money for the last 20 years by developing software and hear every day complaints by our customers or my boss.:D

f.e.negroni and ..LeRenard! like this.
  6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Same for the sound of tyres over kerbs, could be a little louder.

Sure the devs made changes that are not reported on the change log.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  7. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

It happened to me today that I was confronted by yet another arrogant player. The car suffered severe damage. When I returned to the Boxes and repaired, I returned to the race, but the car was still damaged

8. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

damaged in what sense? very worst performance? how were your Laos times?

9. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Did we lose the rain spray at Spa with the introduction of 1.0.5?
    I just installed the beta and took the McLaren 650 out for the first time ever.
    I set conditions to heavy rain but during the replay, I did not see any spray off the wing or tire displacement.
    Anybody able to test this and report back?

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

No one has said anything about the audio? does it still just cut off the A
    Spray from the players car hasn't been around since full release.

DiRTMark likes this.
  11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

In general rain effects are currently not in the best state. Feels like something broke along the way as in early access the spray looked somewhat decent from the AI and player car. Guess UE4 is just not that easy to work with if you are new to it. Have no doubt they will figure it out though :)

DiRTMark likes this.
  12. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Thanks.
    I wasn't aware.
    Last evening was the first...and only time I've run any car in the full wet since v.1 release.
    Maybe that was done to improve running for the guys who has less than optimal framerate.
    I'm sure it'll get reintroduced in time.

13. thebaz

thebaz Rookie

Reverted to official 1.0.4. No more UE crashes when quitting

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

proper solid crash with crash report that wanted to send to UE4 :)

Attached Files:

15. pigsy

pigsy Racer

How to revert back to 1.0.4? Becasue 1.0.5 is unplayable for me. Wishing this was still in EA because it was much more stable.

16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I'd disable the beta and verify files in steam... see if that works...

17. pigsy

pigsy Racer

Thanks. I did that and it's reverted to 1.0.4.

It's still crashing but not as much. If I can get it to load into a session it'll run ok with no crashes. It's just being able to get into a session. I hope the devs are working on this because it's very quiet around here at the moment.

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

don't forget to create a tread with your logs when u get a crash to help the devs

19. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team