1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Sounds like a local problem. I have the same pedals as you, plugged directly into USB on my PC, they always worked fine.

Haiden773 likes this.
  2. mister dog

mister dog Alien

You did map the throttle/brake and clutch to your pedals first right in the button config?

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

You cannot map anything if the game does not list your device as recognised. Its like that with every game. The wheel was there, not the pedals. Also checked that Windows recognised it, I always do.

Local or not, internet tells me that quite some pedal users of Fanatech, also a few Thrutsmaster users, had this problem, and of those affected only a few could solve the issue by connecting the pedals directly to the wheelbase. I were by far not the first leaving the game behind for that reason.

Anyhow, refunded and deinstalled, will not and cannot try again. ;) It was the low price that made me trying it. Its not really a big thing for me. If I want a relaxed arcade racing session, I go with Gran Turismo Sports on PS4, and movement pad control. For what it is, its good.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Booted PC up today for the 1st time in months, after watching Indy car last night had a crack at long beach with the indy’s....one of PCs better combo’s. had some fun hot lapping but a decent race against the AI wasn’t really happening, then tried the lambo gt3 at Monza.....not a patch on ACC

5. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Mmm weird I enjoy that combo with ai a lot.

6. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Been a while since I played PC2 but I remember that being a thing, looks like the game doesn't recognize it at first until you map the throttle/brake/clutch and then it does.

Haiden773 likes this.
  7. That's odd. I have Fanatec clubsports V3's directly attached to the PC (don't have a fanatec wheel base) and had no trouble setting it up.

8. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Same... All I had to do was map them first, then the calibration works fine.

mister dog likes this.
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  11. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I recently installed Project CARS 2 from not having touched it since august of last year and it didn't take me long to realize why I abandoned that game back when I did.

As expected, jumped right into the BMW M6 and was instantly disappointed. None of the TC lights worked and I had no idea of knowing (or feeling through my ffb) when I was driving over the edge.

I tried Jack Spade's FFB (as always) which did make it a tiny bit more playable, but it was still a far cry from the direct and non-filtered feedback we get in AC.

However the VR performance was surprisingly good, but then again everything has a cartoony look and not real or maybe that's because of the simplified physics not pegging my CPU.

It also didn't take long for me to get murdered by the slow paced AI, who kept dive bombing and rear ending me going into every corner at Le Mans.

Anyway in the risk of sounding like a never ending rant, I'm going to put in some serious time the next couple of days in ACC against the AI and will do my best to report back any odd behavior.

I just think SMS shot themselves in the foot by not allowing any kind of modding (other than liveries that only you can see) and stopped development at v1.7 as the game could still use some serious patching.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Haiden773 likes this.
  12. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

They did a great job on graphics, creating a very good graphics engine. For the comparison of the physics of cars, only very few have been done to art, but the remaining part is too coarse. They learned their lesson and it seems that the next PC3 will be announced as a true arcade. REIZA STUDIOS will use the same graphic engine for AUTOMOBILISTA 2.

13. mike reynolds

I’ve played a bit of PC2 in the last week, mainly because I received a fanatec DD1 so been trying out on different sims.

I uploaded Christiaan Van Beilen FFB files http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?66720-Christiaan-s-Pure-FFB-(Custom-pCARS2-FFB-File)

A combination of these and the DD wheel gave me some pretty decent FFB at times, way better than I remember but as ever though it’s a mixed bunch with PC2 and there are some good track/car combos and some god awful ones.

Also noticed massive performance differences between some of the tracks, 1st time I’d tried it in 4K, most tracks were fine with solid 60 FPS regardless of numbers cars, time of day etc but a couple were unplayable even just hotlapping.

14. tpw

tpw Gamer

I think PC2 is a very technically advanced and ambitious title (I think it probably led the simracing pack in terms of sheer all round technical prowess until ACC), it just couldn't get all its advanced subsystems to play together nicely. Fantastic GFX and lighting, detailed cars and tracks, an advanced tyre model and physics/ffb, great driving feel on the handful of vehicles where everything came together, fantastic non stuttering performance, advanced weather/time/track progression, generally competent AI with a modicum of racecraft. Let down by unacceptable AI consistency between vehicles/tracks/corners/weather conditions, atrocious external sounds, some truly terrible feeling vehicles, bizarre kerb and puddle behaviour, and a host of major and minor bugs that never got resolved. I drop in every now and then for some hotlapping of the good cars around beautiful tracks with dynamic weather, but the wheels fall off once the AI are involved. I'm personally really looking forward to Reiza taking the advanced Madness engine forward with AMS2, given the miracles they performed with the terribly dated rF1 engine in AMS.

15. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

It's not just that, but the way the cars handle in general, it's like I can drive sideways through every corner and never go off course; tried without TC/ABS driving aids "off" and "authentic" for the GT3 cars, but it felt as weird.

16. mike reynolds

Yeah I deliberately stayed away from the GT3 cars as knew they wouldn't be a patch on ACC, I played around with the Formula Rookie (the most fun car in PC IMO), some of the lower LMP classes (their LMP1's are awful compared to AC) and a few road cars, which I don't really like or drive in any sim normally but wanted to see if a DD improved them.

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

FFB taste are very personal, but if you enjoy AC FFB and think it is the right way to do it, as I do, then Jack Spade is not the answer. I believe in FFB less is better, it should only try to replicate what a real wheel does. PCars2 FFB can be good, not as nice as AC to me, but good enough to enjoy most cars and tracks nice graphics in VR. My settings are: Raw, Gain 100 ( always) ,Volume 35 ( this could vary because of you own wheel strengh, but here too try lighter rather than heavier) Tone 100, FX 0.

It is better than before, as per the last few updates, before they stopped support. I enjoy driving PCars2 now and then, the graphics in VR, cars interior, driver movements, like how they shift dog leg in dog leg shifting cars.
    Driving on dry tracks, the wet driving is so bad, in changing weather is rewarding, lately I raced the GT4s at Oulton Foster, from Noon to dusk, very nice in a relaxing SIM driving way.

if ASM can bring an AC driving level to the SMS engine, December might bring us an other alternative to enjoy our favourite hobby

mike reynolds likes this.
  18. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'll be very curious to see what Reiza can do with the Madness Engine. Apparently, the engine has evolved a bit further from what was used in PC2.

Haiden773 likes this.
  20. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

A true arcade? I think that this will be the end of Project Cars