1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

...ACC dicounted on steam summer sale...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Luciano Micale, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

ACC released on September 2018 in early access at just 25€. We announced a very detailed pricing vs content program, with different pricing tiers as the early access program went on. We even released the game at a discounted price at the exit of the early access. There has been so many opportunities to get ACC at such a low price that I can't even count them, and yet people are still buying it from shadowy websites for "a bit less"... Still so to say, I never saw anyone complaining that that's not politically correct from the users perspective against devs.

Steam has 90 million active users every month... let me say that again, ninety million ACTIVE users EVERY month. As a video game company, when Steam makes sales and offers you to be in the opening screen you don't discuss. You accept and you do it and you say thank you. You get visibility of more than 50 million daily active users (fifty million... daily).
    https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-now-has-90-million-monthly-users/

Kunos, as well as other racing sim devs, depend on steam sales from a very niche market to keep a cash flow to pay the wages of the devs, to pay the bills, the licenses to all the cars and tracks and series you all love to drive.
    If your favorite sim is ending on steam sales, it means more money for the dev team that makes something you paid once and enjoyed every single day. It means more people joining your passion and one day will contribute to your hobby or just by making interesting a single race online. It means more hours of enjoyment for something you paid once. Can you say the same for a film on cinema? For a pizza and beer on an out night? For a ticket to see a match of your favorite team? It all costs more or less the same... what is the ratio of costs versus hours of enjoyment of a video game against other entertainment?

I think sometimes some of the community need to do a reality check and actually realise the luck they have that there are 4 or 5 dev teams as passionate with simracing as the players. Each of these dev teams push each other to make a better job and give people a better product in an era where each of them could make much more money in other careers without having to deal with harsh criticism or the time, or simply do a mobile casual game and have a much wider audience to reach. You get amazing cars licensed for big money, laser scanned tracks (and you complain if a track is not laser scanned anymore!), physics simulations that often surpass those of professional sims (in terms of features, not talking about validation), a very active hardware market with products to die for... and yet you complain that someone bought your favorite game, 5€ less than you a month ago.
    You want my personal (not linked to KUNOS) politically correct reply to this? Here it is: For ****s sake.

ctnich, F4celess, th3o and 47 others like this.
  2. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

so for you is normal that you buy a car and after one month they sell the exact kind of car with 15% discount?!?
    it's not for the 40 or 30 or 20 euros more or less, is the principle you are missing, they are getting money to develop the game from early acces, if they are putting it into discount after one month after launch it means they do not have enough money for the development OR they need money because they are starting to work on something else...
    But please forgive me i really think i am stupid here, simply you are not understanding my point here.
    Let's start this thing again...
    WOW GUYS ACC ON DISCOUNT ON STEAM,WE WILL HAVE MORE RACERS COME IN AND WE PAY LESS FOR THIS BEAUTIFULL GAME!!!

3. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

man i respect your work but please don't think we are all a bunch of pigs...It is only marketing and money, you need money to develop ACC and maybe some other things you are thinking of.But please don't tell me is normal to sell a game like finished in early access and after 45 days have just discout on that...Be clear and tell people you need money to develop...the early access were the money to bring on the development and now you need more to finish your early access product...

4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

No. You are the one missing the point.
    If they put their software on "sale" their software is advertised on the opening page, which will increase sales because more people see it.
    Such a difficult concept to understand......

LeDude83, m_box97 and chksix like this.
  5. Aristotelis

I'm sorry but you're ignorant on how business work, the expenses of a gaming title etc. It's not a bad thing, I'm also ignorant on many things.
    Having strong opinions when you're ignorant on something, this... this is what gets you.

6. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

This is absolutely the dumbest thing that has ever been written on this forum.
    Pure discrimination.

ctnich, LeDude83 and pimpi84 like this.
  7. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

I repeat...don't think we are all the same...This is your policy, simply i do not agree with you,your luck is that 95% of people didn't understand what we are speaking for,one also think would have been better for my mother to adopt abortion...I hope you can buy a beautifull new car or new TV or new whatever you want and after one month have it discounted 15% just beacause the factory need money to develop new and better tecnologies...
    This was last post in the forum, i promise, good luck

8. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Dirt 2.0 is on a 50% discount 4 months after the release.
    Are you heading across to the CodeMasters forum next ?

Coanda likes this.
  9. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Sorry, but you are mistaken about how many times prices are advertised, and different prices for the same product are very common, either in a different moment in time or even on the same moment.
    As you used the TV as an example, I’ll use it as well, and can tell you that a new TV can be sold by the manufacturer to an importer that than will sell is to distributors, than to shops and then to the consumer.
    The final price can be different from shop to shop depending of the purchase conditions, and that is reflected on the price to the consumer.
    Any of the stakeholders can have a specific interest in the product, and anyone of those can adopt a different price policy or can be forced to shift the policy.
    Just one example: a shop manager makes an assumption of how many TVs is able to sell or just make use of a negotiated discount price; so, the same TV can be sold 1 mont later, during some specific time, with a discount that can be as high as the accepted price policy for that product by the seller.
    That price difference has absolutely nothing to do with the development cost of the product or to have a cash flow influx to develop a new product by the factory.
    It’s simply marketing, negotiated purchase conditions or management decisions about how to sell a specific product.

10. Aristotelis

Ok I think the thread isn't going anywhere so I'll lock it.
    We have some amazing racing, driving, technical threads in this forum, we're all going to be much happier joining those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.