1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8 released - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 28, 2014.

1. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

when an update comes out, we strongly suggest to REMOVE all addon apps and 3rd party software profiles (nvidia inspector is a killer if you set something wrong).

- Lotus Exige 240
    - Ferrari 312T F1
    - Revised AI behavior
    - Collisions performance improvements
    - New sky box with clouds
    - Fixed gui issue with spinner
    - Improved x360 controller support at low speed
    - Fixed gearshift sound on BMW M3 e92 Drift
    - Improved rearview mirrors & added more rendering options in the launcher
    - Default launcher theme: opponent skins are randomized from all available skins
    - Default launcher theme: opponent setups are now set on a per-track basis
    - Launcher: control configuration's Xbox360 section revised
    - Fixed end race chart display bug

when an update comes out, we strongly suggest to REMOVE all addon apps and 3rd party software profiles (nvidia inspector is a killer if you set something wrong).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014

2. denizen

denizen Racer

Thanks guys! Keep up the amazing work

3. sennacher

sennacher Gamer

Thanks, it is downloading right now - can't wait to drive the 312T F1 and to check out the "new" AI

4. geg

geg Gamer

Thank you to all Kunos members. Really appreciate the work you have done.

5. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

Just played the new update and now i'm getting like 15 FPS this is unplayable. before the update the game was very smooth. help

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Default launcher theme: opponent setups are now set on a per-track basis
    what exactly does thi smean sorry?
    so will ai run slicks rather than streets tyres if available.?

cheers

7. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Must revise one more lecture. Eurgh! Just want to play AC!! Can't wait to try it all out, im sure its awesome. Keep it up guys :)

8. townnet

townnet Gamer

New ligthing and cloud cause this issue?

9. Game looks amazing but my frames took a dive....I'm getting stuttering in bad performance now that wasn't happening before the update....guess I will have to turn some more things down but man, I thought optimizations would make it run better....I'm scared to even try putting any AI on track.

10. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Wow just wow, the lights are really nice, and i get a huge fps boost, where i had 46 fps before with a lot of ai now its constant 60fps! really really nice!

Anuj likes this.
  11. bassjunkie

bassjunkie Rookie

12. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

HUGE fps drop. clouds cannot suck this amount of power. Please fix this

13. really?

14. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

I get a hit of 20fps with this new lightning and new sky.. but okay with vsync it is still good :D

15. Cammy

Cammy Rookie

Do you ever stop moaning?:rolleyes:

16. Tyler Lewis

Tyler Lewis Gamer

Just did several race starts with different cars, the AI can actually race you and each other with out crashing everywhere, well thats what I found atleast

17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys could you set shadows to from high to medium, quality should be similar. Let us know thanks

Queequeg, Anuj, Shaddix and 1 other person like this.
  18. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

Honestly, as little as I was looking forward to it, the 312T is a surprising joy to drive! Really not what I expected from the car :)

Digital Aura and rzr1 like this.
  19. Probably not; deal with it.

20. shadows are already on low