1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is ACC a 1 time project for Blancpain

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by PuppiesZ, Jun 26, 2019.

1. PuppiesZ

PuppiesZ Gamer

I personally after sim Racing have been to two real races , one championship and one 12 hour endurance race. Both of them I spent money I on products and I would of never bought because I had never gone to or watched racing prior. Also took someone with me and he did the same. :).

2. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Same for me, though change the 12h race to 24h Le Mans ;) I too bought some stuff while there and brought two friends with me who also bought stuff while there. This only happened because I got into simracing which got me into racing

PuppiesZ likes this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

It's like that in every industry. Companies can have very primitive behaviour when it comes to public image, but even states do, look how they don't want to show weakness, they want to be shown in the best possible light, it's all about presenting an image to the public that has zero basis in reality.

Not all companies of course. ;) At least with a smaller company the ego is tied to the people and it's kept in check by personal responsibility.

But sometimes the business world can be like your dealing with children with personality development issues. You have the egos of the people involved but then you have this imaginary ego of the company itself that is sacrosanct.

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

This must be what happened at SRO after you went to those races.
    [​IMG]
    I already said, it's not that ACC won't generate ANY indirect revenue for SRO (direct revenue in this case would be Kunos paying for the license), I just don't believe it is significant. They have several sources of income, like sponsors, tickets, and many that I don't even know of. A few dozens of people buying tickets to their events is not significant enough for them to beg Kunos to make their game and not charge for it.
    If you still disagree and you think SRO will make tons of cash just because there is a simulator based on their championship, then let's just agree to disagree. I'm tired of having to repeat myself.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    PuppiesZ likes this.
  5. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

People at Total HQ won't probably notice the direct revenue effect of sponsoring SRO itself. That's not how a lot of brand marketing works.

Here is my thought: no matter what SRO "thinks" I suspect the indirect value to them of having something like ACC is bigger than the direct licensing revenue they get from Kunos, which cannot be that much since they sell ACC cheap (30 euro+ pay $$$ percentage to steam+epic) to limited userbase and it's a lot of work to make and apparently Kunos has to pay all these other car companies etc as well. Sure they still might try to milk Kunos since they have the better negotiating position, but it's not like having a simulator has negligible value. SRO core goal is probably to increase TV and digital streaming viewership. So maybe a bag of chips bought at a circuit by a guy who plays ACC is not important but better "digital presence" is.

My main mystery is how Kunos makes any money in all of this :)

Anyway we can only speculate and agree to disagree without actual info.

warth0g, Chriss and Son like this.
  6. Jeez. I thought you'd have to pay for some things, but not all of them.

Same.

Same again. ACC has really helped me get into Blancpain.

I think I had a good estimation that this would be going on behind the scenes and it's why I feel guilty when I do criticise parts of ACC. While I think I had a good grasp of this, I believe many other people do not understand all this tedious work that goes into a game.

This is the question I repeatedly ask myself, for games like AC, ACC, rFactor 2, AMS etc. How on earth do they make any money? Me buying their game once wouldn't even pay someone's wages for one day.

I appreciate @Aristotelis explaining what Kunos has to pay for, but it would be good for an insight into how they make their money as well. I understand they can't go into specifics, but aside from people actually purchasing the game (a cut of which much go to Steam as well!) how on earth do developers like Kunos actually make enough money to pay their staff, fund all their equipment/facilities etc and still make some sort of (presumably) profit?! Genuinely baffles me.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Before ACC I didn’t really know about Blancpain, just no exposure here in Australia for it. Now I follow the races, that can’t be a bad thing for anyone and I’m sure I’m not alone here

8. xemxem

xemxem Rookie

I thought ACC has some kind of sponsored or invested by Blanpain but it was not. Surprised.
    This means ACC has born by totally personal passion. Respect!

romandevision and PuppiesZ like this.
  9. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I’m frustrated to see ProjectCr*p on the ESL channel. Horrible physics graphics.
    Hopefully we’ll see ACC on the channel soon.

PuppiesZ likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

... ah what no Friday arvo beers supplied by the sponsors or SRO? :eek:

... and for some reason why did I have in my mind dev companies ran like this? :D:p

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    PuppiesZ likes this.
  11. chakko

chakko Alien

Doubt it. It's also about popularity.

12. Bobobski

Bobobski Rookie

I am also one of those people who has just taken interest in the Blancpain series since ACC came onto the scene. In fact, I'm watching the Misano sprint race on their android app as I write this.

Whilst on that subject, how come the drivers in the real series seem to be able to get away with driving with all four wheels over the kerbs and I get told off when I do it? :)

chksix, PuppiesZ and Epic Gamer Dude like this.
  13. chakko

chakko Alien

Probably for the same reason we simracers cry when someone forces his way through. We're just wimps, and the devs know that. :)

14. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

You can think what you want ofc about Project Cars 1+2 but i think overall they are really great games with tons of content, especially the second game. Yes, i don't necessarily like most of the cars physics and the graphics could indeed be better, but you gotta give SMS credit for what they put together, dynamic everything, that's why the games look like they look because they had to run on consoles too. I am pretty sure KUNOS as a fellow dev studio appreciates SMS in that regard as a studio that also trys to push racing sim gaming and at the end of the day thats what counts most. I believe one also can own both titles, i certainly do, because i want to support studios that are trying or are doing simracing games.

15. chakko

chakko Alien

Yep. I don't get this negative attitude towards more simcade orientated games as well. It's a difficult thing to balance your game, so that it attracts the mass as well as people who might tend more to the simulation side. Let's face it, sims are extremely niche, and most players can't be arsed to spend hours driving, before they get anywhere near good. Doing games like PCars, or also Dirt Rally requires a good understanding of the target audience, and what they want and expect from such a game. And, the success proves them right. No matter what the people say which feel "misled", or whatever, because companies advertise with realism. I used to play Colin McRae Rally, or TOCA back in the days, and, such games ALWAYS were marketed with realism, even though they weren't too realistic.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

First, I do get your point, but while I do love the road cars in AC, do you really think an AC2 with only road cars would sell? I don't.
    The great thing about AC was the mixture of things, if you take that away, I doubt it would be as successful.

Regarding the immersive experience: I'm skeptical that restricting "only" to race cars is the recipe here. It's rather restricting to only race cars from a single racing series.
    Yes there are quite a number of cars, but in the end they are at least all GT3 or Cup cars.
    With each race car they'd add that is very different from the existing ones (say LMP1, F1, Indy or Nascar) it would get harder to keep up the same level of immersion.

LChaves likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its actually much harder to patrol track limits in real racing then in a sim. Then once everyone starts to do it they either penalise everyone or just go #$%= it do what you like. In qualy they were trying to be stricter but also anyone blatantly abusing in race will be warned and possibly penalized but I think its too late now as they have redifined their own new track layout already.

I did notice quite a few cars get splitter damage from going over those black yellow sausage curbs. The rubber strips are coming out of the ground and half the astro has been ripped off at the end of the back straight. :D

chksix likes this.
  18. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I hope, this will be not 1 project.

19. Turk

Turk Alien

I think it could sell, a road car version with real world roads (although that's probably a legal quagmire) would be really cool, I loved the open roads in AC, Like I wouldn't even want it to have traditional looped tracks, just a chunk of Italian, Irish, or Californian countryside to just drive around. I can already see the problems (there's no game) but I'd love something like that. I don't care about the rest of ye. :p

Sure, but I don't expect ACC to stay as a single series game for long. As ACC expands into other race series it can start to get rather large. I guess that depends on how they do business, there seems to be different models, one where you release full new titles and another where you update a current title. I would kind of like to keep updating ACC rather than bringing out another game that does another series.

I'm assuming that ACC is a platform and we'll get a good five years worth of content for it.

20. trutya

trutya Simracer

take the landscapes of Euro Truck Simulator and fill it with AC content (cars) :D the trucks can stay aswell!

Turk and Son like this.