1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Telemtry App, RacingSimTools.com

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Zeraxx, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Hey guys,

I’m excited to announce the project my team (Racing Sim Tools) have been working on over the past couple of months is finally released! It’s called RST Software, it’s a Pre-Configured MoTeC replacement built with Sim Racers in mind. As an engineer I always found myself frustrated with the different telemetry options for sim racers. There are only two different solutions:

1) Basic telemetry applications that only shows raw data. While this is neat, you really need to prepare and display the data in a way that you can gain insights from to improve the car’s setup or your driving abilities.

2) MoTeC, while MoTeC is the industry standard and you can do very powerful things with it. You need to know what your doing, configuring your workspaces takes some time, and you need to know the math behind the typical signals that you’d want to display.

RST Software attempts to bridge these two solutions, RST Software collects data from the game, then runs the raw data through math signals typically used by engineers such as Roll & Pitch Gradients, Fourier Transforms, Traction Circles, Time Slip Graphs, etc. This way you don’t need to know the math you simply need to know how to interpret the graphs.

The program has around 75 graphs, while most graphs relate to the setup of the car, there is also a tab devoted purely to driver development. If you'd like to find out more information on the application or learn about RacingSimTools be sure to check out. https://www.racingsimtools.com/software

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server shows up in Lobby without ping value and cannot be accessed Jan 11, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Is this the same one as in PC2? If so, nice to see you here, great tool! Hope it has similar functions, and upload/download facilities. :)

4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Free or is this licenced?

5. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

So this is similar to the one created for PC2, however, its a completely new tool done from the ground up. We have over 100 graphs in total of engineering goodness. We currently do use a RST Cloud, and we are currently developing a way for you guys to upload/download data or setups to share/download.

The software is licensed (to pay for development costs, and upkeep of our server) the license is $15, we try to keep it as cheap as possible.

PuppiesZ likes this.
  6. QWERTZcoRe

QWERTZcoRe Rookie

Zeraxx! Glad to have you here. I used your stuff a lot for PC2! Looking forward to my next payday to get a license.

7. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Thanks bud, happy to be here, been driving a lot of ACC doing testing, and I have to say love the physic side of things in ACC! Kunos did a great job!

8. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

Some of the data is missing from Kunos telemetry so while the vast majority of the graphs work fine some don't have data. It would be fantastic if Kunos could emit the missing data channels!

Also using standard values for things like damper forces instead of an index number would be nice, so for fast bump something like "4350" instead of "1". Maybe there is a conversion we can do?

I know I'll be spending all day reading the huge manual and experimenting!

Coanda likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Maybe in the future we will get a little more data channels however all the juicy stuff is off limits. See Aris response here:- MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

@Zeraxx - nice work on your telemetry tool.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  10. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Yep, I'm usually the one begging Aris to open the data channels up, I wanted to show all the graphs that I can get in other sims such as CoP, Wheel Loads, etc . I understand why they can't but its a a real shame as the physics in this game are great and would be an amazing way to show off how good the game is. It seems silly to me that some of the data channels are under NDA. However there are still some 50 graphs you can generate with the channels we do have so best to make do with what we can! If they ever do though it's ready to go hahah.

Zinny and eracerhead like this.
  11. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I cant argue with that. AC had 123 data channels and the suspension & wings app that gave you real live data in real time which filled in some of the gaps. ACC only has 37 data channels which is less than PC and rF2. rF2 has 161 data channels and I believe they have GT cars in their sim so maybe they have a different agreement. Some of the older cars (ie. 488, lambo, merc) are in AC therefore I don't fully understand why we have a lack of data now. I can only guess that the agreement Kunos has now is very restrictive and Aris eluded to the ongoing paperwork, headaches and red tape they are facing by the sponsors and manufacturers in another recent thread. From our perspective not knowing values on the UI setup and lack of data channels only shows a small piece of the pie so some guess work and obviously tuning a lot by feel is what is required to better your lap times in ACC. Hopefully a couple of channels are released downstream and that the data logs the correct circuit. For me I think the knee speed of the damper for each vehicle is important for accurate damper histograms. eh what can you do, it was it is..

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Baikal likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

... attached is a comparison data channels in AC, ACC, rF2 & PC

Attached Files:

Baikal likes this.
  14. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Yeah, it is very frustrating, but it isn't Kunos fault. And at this very moment it is unfair to ask for more with the workload they have doing hotfixes. But the telemetry aspect as it is now is very incomplete: If you want to create some variance maps you can't because Motec needs a lap distance and a lap time channels to do that, then you do some clever math and motec doesn't allow you to do that with math, just with logged data. You need ride heights to create a pitch and roll math channels, but we can't because NDAs. If you want to see I - M - O tyre temperatures to automatically calculate optimal camber with math, we can't because NDAs. If you need to create math to calculate how much fuel put in to the car, we can't because there is no fuel level channel. If you want to graph on a map of the ideal lines of 2 or more laps overlaped to create a graph to analyse ideal lines then you find that we can't because there isn't the latitude and longitude channels needed.

If as me someone like telemetry analysis then he will find himself very limited, we don't even have a lap number channel. And then if you take a quick glance to the channels logged then we have some channels with wrong units, or weird things as for example the corrected speed is slower than the front wheels speed at the end of a straight with a RWD car, WTF?, how can the speed of the car with respect with the ground be slower than the front wheels that are a passive load?. Some of those shortcommings I have been able to fix them with either clever math or remapping channels, but the telemetry on ACC will need more love once the devs workload is reduced to a human level.

kool38 and Tkeg like this.
  15. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

You can with RST Software, we produce slip graphs on the driver analysis tab, and yes it works with ACC.

While it is easier if you have ride heights, you can technically calculate pitch and roll with the current channels. Granted you have to do a bit of guess work on what the IRs are.

Those aren't under NDA, I could be wrong, but I believe Aris objected to giving us I-M-O because most cars don't have Infrarred Arrays in race trim (although arguably they do in testing).

RST Software analyzes the ideal line by comparing corner radius's which is how it's done in real life.

A lot of the things you mentioned are also issues with the MoTeC but not necessarily with the shared memory. Another big comment I hear with the RST Software is you dont need to leave the session to export your data into MoTeC , you can simply run laps and then alt tab to look at the graphs as the data comes in. Which my users really enjoy.

Ludovick daoust likes this.
  16. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

New Video Series for Tuning Cars. This one is very simple talking about brake bias.

17. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

I confirm it!
    Also this plays very well with the philosophy of "authentic experience" Kunos wants to push for ACC:

with RST
    1) you do laps in practice
    2) go back to the pits
    3) get the data you collected displayed in charts
    4) make setup changes
    5) off you are in the racetrack again

with MoteC (as it is now)
    1) you do laps in practice
    2) go back to the pits
    3) load your car on the lorry
    4) leave the racetrack area and go back to your HQ
    5) get the data you collected displayed in charts
    6) make setup changes
    7) load the car back into the lorry
    8) get back to the track
    9) oh f*ck the quali session is over and you missed the race start :(

18. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

hey, how i can turn of the beep?

19. Sascha H.

Sascha H. Gamer

Seems to be a neat tool to improve driving and setup tuning if you have knowledge of it. I´m waiting for your bundling packages because if I wanna buy your license I need at least two. One for ACC and one for iRacing and probably Raceroom. I´ll keep my eyes on you guys. Thanks for contributing this peace of software, since it gives you a good analysis package ready for use instead of creating your own workbooks in MoTec. :)

20. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Thanks for the kind words we just released this weekend and there is so much more we want to add the coming weeks including the bundling.

21. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

I have the PCars 2 and ACC versions of RST. I used the PCars 2 version to analyze the Ferrari 488 because PCars has more data channels then migrated the settings over to ACC. Basically I took screenshots of my PCars 2 setup then set them up in ACC. Because ACC uses index values instead of force measurements and some settings are unavailable I couldn't do an exact conversion. An example conversion was as simple as, if PCars 2 has 20 Fast Bump settings and ACC had 10 and I used the 5th PCars settings I would set the ACC value to 2 or 3.

Amazingly enough it seemed to work. While the feel won't be identical given the different physics engines my ACC car is as close to as super stable as my PCars version though there are differences in grip but not all settings are easily transferable and I only spent 10 minutes testing in ACC. I'll do more when I get home. The next step for me is make sure the difference I felt I really felt then to compare the ACC graphs that have data with the ones I get from PCars. Then I'll see what effect some of the settings I couldn't translate easily do, I think it was Wheel Rate? in particular.

Hopefully the method I am using really works and it wasn't just luck. Once I am happy with the 488 I'll try another car and see what happens.