1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A quick blast on AC reminded me how good ACC is

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ears, Jun 30, 2019.

1. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

So I decided to have a go on AC last night. Maybe for the first time in a year.

Ended up on a GT2 server at Imola, driving a BMW.

Two BIG things that it's easy to take for granted in ACC stood out for me.

Firstly, FFB. Felt so light compared to ACC. ACC tells me, through the wheel, in no uncertain terms, that I'm driving a heavy car.

Secondly, and more importantly, was simply sense of acceleration.

In VR, at least, it looked like the car wasn't getting faster as I accelerated. I got very little sense of speed.

I've read a bit of negativity of late but a short spell on another game highlighted for me that ACC has huge potential and is a significant step forward in the driving experience.

After 1 race I went straight back to ACC and found myself appreciating it and enjoying it much more than I have of late.

aaaape, Tundra, f_deutsch and 16 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Quick Race starting grid Sep 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster quick change Nov 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface Quick race menu: starting pos. not applied in between series (while opp. number does) Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Quick temperature question. Oct 9, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Quick Q about VR settings if switching back to pancake monitor... Aug 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Quick change options between VR, Triple and desktop Mar 8, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Got update but quick question. Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 2020 Season Quick Race Max 23 AI [selecting Sprint entry will populate Sprint cup field] Jan 9, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Tracks in quickjoin public multiplayer Jan 8, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Starting qualifying in a Quick Start multi player race? Dec 3, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.6.1] HURACAN ST or P-CUP Quick Race Nov 21, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Quick join and Competition Server not working Nov 17, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC in VR with a 3080 Quick Note Nov 9, 2020
    Console Lounge Special event quick race duration Oct 17, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Quick Race bug v1.5.4 ps4 Sep 10, 2020

3. chakko

chakko Alien

I'm pretty sure it'd be exactly the same for me... at least for the GT3 cars.

Kunos seems to be the only developer which gets the sense of driving a car with wheels on a track right anyway. Other sims feel as if you'd be hovering on mud, or something. Richard Burns Rally gets that right as well. But... sims like iR, rFactor, and the likes never got me the sense of driving on actual tyres, really. There's something missing, or not coherent.

nrc689 and romandevision like this.
  4. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Same here - ACC has ruined the AC experience for me (in a good way ;)).

But in reality we are looking at two titles from different generations - ACC truly is a next generation title, which is why in my eyes even in its incomplete form, stands out from the rest.

I bought RF2 in the Steam summer sale, so finally got to experience the FFB. While I will admit it is pretty good, I'm not sure it is more realistic than ACC. At times it felt a bit canned - like too much information is being provided through the FFB. Felt the same about Raceroom as well (though even more extreme).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  5. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

I never got along with iRacing but there are a good few cars in rF2 that really give me feedback I can believe and understand.

Usually open wheelers though. I've never got the same feeling driving anything with a lid on in rF2.

chakko likes this.
  6. Lima

Lima Gamer

I can comment on that also, i was never a big fan of ac, don´t know why even if everybody was saying that the ffb was amazing, for me i liked it but not that much, i have almost every sim from gtr2 to pc, dirt rally and the others we all know but after experiencing the world of acc i could not play any other thing, its like going back on time even when some things don´t work in the optimal situation, i just feel driving a car in acc and that for me is almost everything i search when i have the time to simrace. The ffb/physics are amazing, the graphics and the sounds.

7. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

I did the same thing just the other night. I had a blast as AC and ACC are night and day. Right out of the gate I was like HOLY MOLY POLY the force feed back was like wrestling a caddy in the mud with flats. I think I gained like 2 inch's in my fore arms and 3 inchese in my chest as a work out.

8. chakko

chakko Alien

One issue i also had with AC's tyre model is that i couldn't get most cars to have oversteer, when you enter a corner too quickly. The ACC tyre model (or physics... can't tell the difference) definitely "allow" that now. Go into turn 2/3/4 on Silverstone too fast, and, it sends you into a drift. I'm able to catch most of those (which is very rewarding), but, just like in real life, when you exaggerate it, there's no catching anymore. To me, it's near perfection. iR and rF 2 are too "loose" for me. Could well be the FFB as well. ACC's FFB communicates the state the car is in directly, and properly. iR doesn't do that at all (seriously, worst FFB in a sim), and, rF 2 only for some cars.

In ACC (and also in AC), i can work the cars... correct oversteer, and, it hanldes just like i'd expect it in real life. Just watch a couple of vids from iRacing, if you don't know it, and look at that sterile "just don't touch the limit!" driving. Totally unrealistic, sorry. Motorsport is all about limit and corrections. iR has none of that. It teaches you to stay the hell away from the limit, instead of screaming at you "Drive me on the limit!!" like AC and ACC do.

Feel free to quote me for your advertising brochure, good peeps from Kunos. :D

MTv and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

+1 everything you said PLUS
    AC1 actually feels like simcade(not actually) now compared to ACC.
    especially physics,FFB,Sounds & Graphics are on whole new level in ACC not to mention numerous other improvements.

10. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

I never got around to play AC for no particular reason, but spent countless hours with Project Cars 2. I thought always the FFB in that game to be impressive and realistic. Well, Kunos ruined that for me. Returning to PC2 now a days is always a disappointment.

I even yesterday found a new custom FFB setup file which claims to fix some of the fundamentally missing forces acting on the tires. Still, PC2 FFB feels undefined and floaty as hell, compared to AAC. as others state here, Kunos has truely captured the feel of weight and friction with their physics and FFB modelling.

romandevision likes this.
  11. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

I did a league race yesterday, Silverstone, rain, slid all the time, had damage, got maybe 4th place out of 8 only because others had it worse. Rarely do I have this much fun. All in VR even, I can't see any way ACC could find more optimizations without downgrading the visuals as far as I can tell.

chakko likes this.
  12. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Couldn't agree more. ACC is the real enemy of AC1, not the rest of the competitors.

I keep enjoying classics and road legal cars in AC1 so much, but I can't drive a GT car because in comparison with ACC... it feels almost like a game, not a simulator

13. There are many times over people playing ac, verses acc at the moment. I like acc fine and play the game a lot, I am even a bit faster comparing the same cars/tracks. With that said, I dont think acc will ever, draw the people/players that ac did/does. Until something comes along to match ac for content/game play/enjoyment, its the end all for many people.

14. chakko

chakko Alien

It will already draw fewer people because it is a sim which simulates a single race series, with a single car class.

15. tpw

tpw Gamer

Of all the accusations you can rightfully level at rF2, having canned FFB is not one of them, seriously. But, as much as I love the driving experience in rF2, coming back to it really does feel like a giant step backwards in terms of audiovisual immersion after I've been playing ACC for a while. And actually on topic, AC is a game I just could never gel with, but I find ACC very addictive, regardless of its lack of optimisation and feature incompleteness.

dek likes this.
  16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

True but if you try to add everything like AC1 did the quality is compromised and since ACC is so focused the difference in quality in every aspect of a simulator is night and day.

17. This guy makes some good points, as to why acc has not taken off as many including me hoped it would.

18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

And except from the clickbait title for a video of a great selling game, that keeps hits going on his YT channel, on a forum that is busting with life, what is the meaning of posting this video in this specific thread? Have you read the thread? Why put this discussion into some different rail?

Sometimes I fail to understand... if this is something I don't get, please excuse me.

19. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps canned was the wrong choice of word, but I feel the FFB to be over emphasized - to contain too much information, and as a result doesn't feel natural to me. This is of course coming from someone who has never driven a race car. and is making judgement based road car experience.

20. It was not meant to offend you or anyone else, your welcome to delete the post. Like many people we watch the numbers fall each day/week and are concerned is all.

21. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Can I see the statistics of the fall? :)