1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

F1 Austria poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by donShere, Jun 30, 2019.

?

Does Max deserve a penalty?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Max forced Leclerc off track while he was fully beside him. Regulations say that you can't force someone off track. Many say it's racing and it should be allowed. My opinion is that it should not be allowed. It's not that Max had no other option than to stay on the racing line. I wonder what people here think of the situation with just a vote or a response in a civil way.

Here's a good side by side between lap 68 and 69 same corner.
    https://streamable.com/p1bt2

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Austria Racing Feb 16, 2017
    ACC General Discussions ACC Multiplayer - AI Poll Mar 22, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Apollo Racing Club Season 2 | Saturdays at 2100 EST Jul 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Does your league use Dynamic Weather? Apr 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Poll of US-region drivers Apr 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Sa-Rating Poll [What is your Sa-Rating?] Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Apollo Racing Club | NA Based | Regular Events Saturdays at 2100 EST Feb 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Hardest Corner? Sep 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Favourite Track? Aug 18, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer race duration preference [POLL] Jul 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions POLL! Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys! Jul 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll on favourite cars. May 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll Time! Mar 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions [Poll] Misano: What is your pace? Oct 11, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Hardcore racing expirience(visual and mechanical damage) POLL Mar 9, 2018

3. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Yeah I agree. The lap before was top racing but in that occasion max was on the inside and took all the track to the white line with Charles still on his side. As Alonso said :"All the time you have to leave the space"

4. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I also think it's a shame because until then Max was superb and he definately would have a better or cleaner opportunity to pass Leclerc. I just watched Nico's vlog and he's also of the opinion Max deserves a penalty although he mentions it would suck, but rules are rules. You hava to leava da space.

m_box97 likes this.
  5. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Of course he'd think that, because he did the same thing to Lewis and got a penalty

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

What about Pla and Winkelhock?

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I suggest you watch it again. They were not the same. Nico made no attempt to turn in and hit Hamo before the apex on entry. Today MV turned in and had the corner by the mid point and ran CL out of room on exit on the apex. Apples and oranges. Im not a MV fan and I am ok with the move. CL should not have left the door open and banked on what happened on the previous lap. This is racing and he could have got out of it knowing full well MV was fully alongside him and on the preferred racing line. Ive seen it a million times drivers running the outside driver out of track on the exit. Its racing.
    1:02

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    GRFOCO likes this.
  8. chakko

chakko Alien

Typical F1 situation, happening dozens of time in a race?

As you can see in the video, Leclerc is surely not a saint either... but, you know... that's what we all want to see, right? Drivers fighting hard in the race. That's why they're in F1. Because they're bastards. On the track. ;)

Whose team radio was it, by the way? Leclerc's or Verstappen's? Sounds like Leclerc, but , i dunno... funny how his race engineer tells him there was nothing wrong with that. :D

Fabri Fibra likes this.
  9. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Logically Verstappen's engineer. Just as Horner backed their driver and team victory. Same as Ferrari team boss backed their driver and claimed a penalty. :)

10. chakko

chakko Alien

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

12. Borbor

Borbor Racer

I know, but rosberg will never admit tonit being different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

13. chakko

chakko Alien

Yep...

Actually, i love Magnussen for what he does. He's a crazy guy, but, this kind of dedication in racing is why i so like the racing in F1. They're all absolutely dedicated and willing to do everything to win, or even gather 17th place. ;)

I know it's not decent and stuff... talking about "decent" in 800 hp plus race cars, racing with 300 km/h plus. ;)

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

True. I think if CL is honest with himself he knows Max would have got him anyway. There was still enough time.

trasgu and Borbor like this.
  15. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Best race since long time when Verstappen got penalty for this move, then Racing is dying...
    Leclerc knows where V. was, L. moved also into V.
    50/50
    Seems both have started a long term friendship here

chakko and Coanda like this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

QFT. :)

17. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

What does QFT mean?

18. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Quoted for truth