1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public beta" 1.0.5 build 3963945

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

I'm getting a significant performance hit with this beta so I've had to revert back to the last official patch. I've also experienced the stuttering as others have reported, the first time post release.

And textures with this latest beta take a long time to load properly, I'm not sure if that has anything to to with it.

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  2. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I can confirm a serious increase of stutters with this build. Some are short / not so bad, like 100-300ms, others are actually bad. >1s. Had one braking for T1@Monza in Lap 1 today and rubbed another guys car before I could get out of the way.

I have been driving with a friend via Skype and it seems to effect us both at the same time usually. There are some only for him or me, but most stutters were synchronous.

I don´t think the logs will help a lot, but here they are as well.

Attached Files:

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sounds like you are referring to the stutter that happens when someone joins the server?

4. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

Same here, i recently changed my cpu from a FX 6100 to a I5 4460, i thought i did something wrong and when played ACC this weeks the game was performing pretty bad,
    i also got masive performance hit, from stables 60fps ( 1.0.4 ) to barely 50fps( 1.0.5 )with Cpu usage constantly on 100%. stutterings and heavy latency on the controls response

reverted back to 1.0.4 and the smoothness came back so for now i stay on the 1.0.4 witch is working smooth

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Suffered from severe stuttering with this public beta. Opted out to go back to the latest build and everything was fine.

PLEASE DON'T RELEASE THIS BETA AS THE MAIN BUILD UNTIL YOU FIX WHAT'S CAUSING THE STUTTERS. IT IS UNPLAYABLE AS IT IS.

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Me and many others have no stutters, CV1, system spec bellow. Are you running a custom engine ini? Maybe worth deleting the ACC folders from AppData and docs just as a test.

Backup your settings and setups first if you do though

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

And if you read through the 3 pages of this thread you'll see me and many others do. As I said, the current build (not beta) works perfectly fine so they basically broke something.

I appreciate you're trying to help but I'm tired of being a freaking beta tester for this game. First there was the perma-freezes and now this. If they break the game again with this stoopid beta build I'm gonna be pi**ed.

8. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps stop testing the betas then?

For anyone who is having issues, ANY issues, reporting them in large red letters on the forum and no log files and no further information could be rather unuseful for devs I guess. Attach a log as described and describe the issue.

One thing I see in common with the last few people having reported stuttering issues and high CPU loads with the latest beta patch is the use of older gen CPUs. Could this be part of the issue? Some others have reported no issues (what CPUs do they use?) I myself also see ZERO difference in performance between the last beta and any of the earlier beta of the public 1.0.4 (all same exact performance for me while all CPU cores are lounging and hardly ever go above 60% load while the GPU is fully maxed out).

I also saw Windows installing two updates recently (did not follow up what these were for) - perhaps this too is a potential source of CPU related issues with certain CPUs in certain specific setups.

Pekka, Coanda, trasgu and 1 other person like this.
  9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Well, the problem is that once they merge the beta into the main build it will make no difference. I'll be screwed either way. By saying "I'm tired of being a beta tester" I meant I'm getting tired of all the bugs of this game and having to create threads and attaching files. All I want is a freakin playable game. Isn't that what v1.0 is supposed to mean?

My CPU is an i7-6700, so not the best but it isn't bad by any means and it isn't old gen.
    I see you have an i7-8700K, so screw anyone who is below that and had no issues whatsoever in the previous build?
    If an i7-8700k is what Kunos is targeting as a minimum with this build to at least be able to play the game then good luck, they're gonna need it :rolleyes: I'll just go back to rF2 if that's the case

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

i7 3930k here and doing fine. I get your frustrated however the large super bold red rant is over the top...

menos | M6 likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Your actively using a beta branch and using the thread for those using the beta branch. The point of the beta branch is to avoid this being released to general public if issues are found in it so there will be more stable updates in the normal version. If you have an issue using the beta then post logs and info, if you don't want to give detailed info regarding your issues then no need to post here. If you just want the more stable general version don't use the beta build, its really not that complicated but the last thing you should do is come here openly chosing to use the beta build and then say your sick of being a beta tester. ;)

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Maybe another sim for a while isn’t the worst idea for you? There are issues with ACC no one is arguing that. These are being dealt with as fast as reasonably possible, I myself have not had any other then AA going bad in v 1.0, this has been long resolved now.

If you are having issues but don’t want to spend the time helping fix them (fair enough, not everyone has the time) then leave it be for a bit. Simply saying “ITS ALL BROKEN!!!” Isn’t going to help anyone is it?

Not sure how you are getting performance out of rF2, ran really bad for me and I didn’t have too much time to stuff around with it so have left it for now.

menos | M6 and martcerv like this.
  13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Fair enough, I won't use the beta branch again, I just didn't expect them to break the game.
    If the stutters return once they openly release 1.05 then I'll quit the game for some time. This isn't Early Access anymore, I'm done wasting my time and attaching files.

14. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

Yup, stutters appearing, never had stutters before. Noticed it at Brands in a practice mode. Misano seemed to be better. Triggered when reliably when touching grass, appears every now and then regardless.

15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Sorry, forgot to add this, it doesn´t seem to be related to someone joining. Previously there were micro stutters in the situation when a new car model was used on the server. This might still be happening, but between the other stutters this isn´t noticeable. For the big stutters, I think there was no one joining or leaving at that time.

What I noticed is that it happens a lot at T1 in Spa (the hairpin). Once I had it while exiting pits, but quite some time when lapping at the same position, but outside of the pit wall.

I can try to check my CPU usage, didn´t have a tool for this running yesterday.

16. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

This has probably already been tried by many users with issues but a clean install of ACC and video drivers can work wonders as Steam updates sometimes don't work properly. When I installed the first beta of 1.0.5 the game turned into a stutter fest for me. I uninstalled the game, the user docs folder and the appdata/local/AC2 folder (back up your car setups before doing this).

While I was at it I decided to do a DDU graphics driver clean and reinstall as numerous graphics driver updates can also cause issues. For fun I checked and since my last clean install of Windows I had installed 18 different Nvidia driver versions so recipe for disaster.

Game has been running smoother than a Sebastian Vettel pit stop ever since :)

menos | M6 likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I just tested this again, still cant use f1 key to go back to the cockpit cams once I use any other f key camera but using my gamepad which has a mapped camera change option I can get back to cockpit cam, in the car the first time however f1 key still cycles through the cockpit views so its a bit odd. Fairly easy workaround though to make sure a button is mapped to the key I hadnt noticed this issue prior to 1.0.5 beta 2.

18. trutya

trutya Simracer

i haven't played the game since a week or so, what's the situation now? is ingame saving working now?
    haven't tested this new hotfix yet, try to do it today.

19. Default

Default Racer

I had couple of mp races yesterday and all was fine. No stuttering whatsoever.

20. Nox

Nox Racer

The CPU load is certainly higher in open beta.
    In the 1.04 I can drive without problems with 24-30 players online.
    In the open beta, all 4 cores are 100% loaded and have fps losses!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019