1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Ferrari 488 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 6, 2019.

1. theivansk

theivansk Racer

tought it was the 4.0 liter biturbo v8 used in the street car

2. theivansk

theivansk Racer

[QUOTE="theivansk, post: 1060848, member: 179758"tought it was the 4.0 liter biturbo v8 used in the street car [/QUOTE]

3. nkohout

nkohout Gamer

Mercedes had the 6.3L V8 already homologated from the SLS GT3, and it allowed for simpler maintenance and longer rebuild cycles. They just used it again.

Ironically, that AMG turbo 4.0L V8 is what's now in the new Aston Martin GT3 (2019). It's also in the GT4 AMG GT.

But we should save this all for the AMG thread!

Viggdred and theivansk like this.
  4. Borbor

Borbor Racer

The gtd bop is indeed pretty damn good.

Look at the spread of the first 10 cars in qualifying.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. baboon

baboon Alien

Thanks Aris, I always love to read your posts about the cars :)

6. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Aston Martin: proper german engineering :D

In fact, in the new AM cars there is so much Mercedes that the Wifi Hotspot is "MB-Wifi"
    But actually not a bad cooperation for a small company like Aston. (Small in car manufacturer terms ofc)

Son and chksix like this.
  7. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

May I have a clarification on how the clutch operates on this specific car? I've noticed that the driver model presses the clutch pedal on downshifts, is this how the car works IRL or is it just the player model doing strange things?

8. clutch is on the steering wheel I remember, you see it because it automatically gets released while shifting. But I think the drivers only push the button while starting the engine.
    But take what I said as it is: could be completely wrong XD.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Out of the GT3 cars in ACC, the 488 is one of the cars I like the most.
    However, when driving Spa and using the aggressive setup, I noticed that Eau Rouge is a real gamble, quite often the car will just bounce of in an uncontrollable way.
    The safe setup works just fine.
    Apart from Eau Rouge, the aggressive setup suits me more, though.

I'm not sure if the setups are track-specific, I just found it a bit weird that a setup that ACC provides me by default (even though it's not the default setup) is a quite dangerous one.

10. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well here's the thing. With the 488 you really need to take advantage of the car's turning speed, so the aggressive setup deals with that. But... if you go into eau rouge like mad, then it will bottom out and you might lose control.
    You have 2 options.
    1. you going into aur rouge in a very precise way, the car helps you on that, taking the risk... can you do it every time in a long race? hmmm
    2. You raise your foot a tiny bit BEFORE the eau rouge. Don't do the simracing error and raise your foot inside the turn. Raise before, then go in with determination. It's the safest way and you will lose maybe a tenth, not more.

3... yes I know I said 2 options. You could take the aggressive setup and raise it both front and rear... you will lose everywhere else in the long track but you might be able to take eau rouge flat out.

11. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Aris, there is some way to know if the car is scrapping on the ground? because motec don't have ride height channels. There is no way to know if the car is spinning at raidillon because the bumpstops upsetted the car or it is simply that the underside of the car has scrapped the ground making the diffuser stall.

12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well... you should hear it and also, having replay with F7 camera you should easily see it...
    But you can also more realistically check it with the MoteC. You should see the suspension travel strangely flat out during the scrap. It should be fairly simple to understand the pattern/graph design.

13. I think the second option you gave is also faster then going full trottle. Not only safer

Aristotelis likes this.
  14. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Thanks Aris, I will try that.

15. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

@Aristotelis I understood from David Perels recent video that the steering ratio is fixed in 488 gt3, should that be the case also in game? :) And what setting value would represent the real one?

dek likes this.
  16. if you watch villenueve interview on 488, he changed steering ratio to make it better.
    The engineer suggested to change steering ratio as the main parameter for the car.
    which means you misunderstood or David sayd a bull****.
    It can happen to anyone.

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Thanks, but this wasn't really my point. I was just surprised that AC provided me with a setup that is not really safe to drive (yeah, I know it's not the "safe" setup, but it's still a standard setup).

Regarding your option 2: I'm curious to know if any real life driver actually does that.
    I kind of doubt it, to me it looks like they all go through eau rouge flat out. tbh, I'd kind of expect to be able to do that in a GT3 car.
    But ok, maybe they just don't create a setup that is thus far on the edge.

The other thing is: the 488 in AC/ACC is not the first car ever that I drive that bottomed out, many GT cars do that e.g. on Nordschleife after Fuchsröhre.
    But I think the 488 is the first car that I drove that goes really crazy when it happens. I wonder is that really supposed to happen?
    If so, why didn't it happen in AC?

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Maybe I should also add a few praising words. ;)

What I really like about this car is indeed the mid-corner speed and especially how you can push it around a corner, if the corners are tight.
    From what I've driven so far in ACC (but I haven't done all cars yet), this is the most "driftable" one.
    I did some driving in the rain with this yesterday and it was magnificent.

Also, I don't find the TC (=4 for me) as annoying as on other cars.

19. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    rikirk likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The track is wet in the video you posted, which is why the driver lifts so much into Eau Rouge. The exit speeds to Kemmel are only ~190 kph. Even if I take it super safe through Eau Rouge in ACC my exit speed is still ~215 kph on a dry track with good grip. If you go (almost) flat out, exit speeds of 230 + kph are possible.

I usually lift a bit as I go down in parallel to the left curb.