1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC update progress is really <insert buzzword>

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by shushkata, Jul 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shushkata

shushkata Gamer

This is not a rant thread but a concern. With the game out for some time, all the updates are only trying to fix problems with modules that should have worked fine for the 1.0 release. There are some major problems with the game that still a ruining the experience - like killer curbs. Features are still missing - like the animated 'what ever' in the pit box. Damage model is visually on year 2010 level, no way you have idea what is broken outside that radio massage of the severity of the damage. And on and on...

As the game came later than planned, we are now in the middle of the year, and we are still battling with beta versions weekly, which results in server connectivity problems and game braking bugs. With the game still stuck somewhere between version 0.8 and 0.9 and the lack of new content (like the 2019 branch of cars) i fear the game is loosing player base on a daily basis now.

Most alarming is that there is absolutely no Road Maps update from the developers. If you go on Steam or on the Web Page you will see there is a finished product advertised there, but it's way off that. The forum is full of comments and developer activities, but one really don't want to read trough pages and pages of text to build himself some sort of a rough idea when the game will be in a stable / full state.

It will be really an act of respect toward the players to have some sort of actual statement and direction where the thing is heading and when. I really enjoy the working part of the game, and am really really sorry it's still in this unfinished shape.

bobken, R. Iván, kiril_r and 8 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions ACC Updates NO changelog ?? Jun 14, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Dedicated Server GUI has been updated to version 1.4.3.0 Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8 Update AI Pitstop Issue Sep 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashes after installing latest Windows Updates (14/09/2022) Sep 14, 2022
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help needed acc will not start after game/ NVidia driver update Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL DD no FFB since ACC update v1.8.9 Jan 29, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Update Paused: Win10 threat protection blocking [Update your Win Defender db] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Update? Season 2021? Oct 1, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Sim Grid ACC Daily Races Update Dec 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC crashes after update Nov 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC problem Update Firmware G920 Jul 31, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC heavy CPU usage after update 1.5 Jul 19, 2020
    Console Lounge ACC Supported Wheel Update? Fanatec? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting NO ONLINE ,NO TR, CN, CR, CC, exc.. KUNOS WTF... 3 updates later still no online access .. Jun 10, 2020

3. X_Racer01

X_Racer01 Racer

I am agree With you the game isn't finish.
    Côme on kunost otherwise the players will run away from the game ..

4. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Just wow, Kunos is working their asses off to fix the game. We are just 5 weeks after release and got already 6 hotfixes that actually improved the game in many aspects, graphically, technically, performance wise etc. And yet you complain that the work being done is going too slow. Plus they had a planned 2 weeks vacation period as far as i understand, which is more than deserved after pushing for the release on 29th of may due to probably some contract bound stuff with SRO Group. And still they released those hotfixes.
    This kind of post reiterating what is said in many other posts does absolutely nothing. The devs know whats what with the game as do the people who visit this forum. So to whom exactly are you talking @shushkata ?

5. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I agree with @th3o but I'd like to add that I really don't know what would you expect from updates other than fixing bugs 5 weeks after release, in summer and with vacation for the staff. The majority of the games do not have a road map you just open the game and oh look there is an update, with ACC you can join the beta and you have almost real time access to the things they are working on since every beta release comes with release notes.

anthony galmiche and th3o like this.
  6. Robertus

Robertus Gamer

I also agree but I realize that dealing with this bug fixing process is very hard for such a small team like Kunos. Anyway something like small roadmap for next months should be nice.

Glladorous and Chriss like this.
  7. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I dont remember if it was one of Aris latest posts or AC post on facebook but it said they have quite some stuff to announce that will come to ACC, so i guess we will hear something in that direction in the coming weeks/months anyways. Also 2019 Season with Zandvoort track is also kind of a 'roadmap' if you want.

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi there, I agree with you that we lack a bit in official communication, there are plenty justifications but I'll spare you the long read and just apologize, we will try to improve on that. Team had to take a small break to recover from the burnout and now we're firing again on all cylinders.

Our 1st priority is to make the game stable and improve performance when possible. This will make the game more enjoyable to everybody, obviously also to VR and triple screen users. The first hotfixes were focused on that and it will be an ongoing work for at least the whole 2019

2nd priority is to make the multiplayer and ratings as stable and properly working as possible. This is long term work but always high on top of priority list. We think multi core is already very good but there are many side features that need tweaking, rework or re enabling (some are disabled to keep things stable)

3rd priority is to fix and improve UI elements and player notification for offline, online, vr etc. Plenty of work to do here and it is undergoing. We expect good updates during summer. First indication is the brand new control option screens.

Lastly, we work on many features not enabled yet, i.e. animated pitstops, or requested by the community. As usual we do not comment on those until we have something working properly, because we do not want to raise hype and expectations and then maybe not be able to deliver. Rest assured we work on many many things requested and personally I'm very positive about it...

Content wise, our focus right now is on the free update of the 2019 season. It is much much bigger that we anticipated (lol!), it is already been worked as we obviously still gather data, cars, liveries and so on and... did I say it's a free update? I did? Well it's free.
    More content announcements will arrive from official sources, when it's due. Again I'm not allowed to talk about this because of the usual legal matters I have explained on other posts. I will only say that I'm very excited!

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Thanks for the update Aristotelis..;)

Epistolarius and Guidofoc like this.
  10. david m

david m Racer

Awesome mr.Aristotelis

11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Aha, after weeks of radio silence Kunos starts to communicate.
    Let's see if they will keep it.

Winston likes this.
  12. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm sorry but what radio silence? I keep seeing this in different places but what is this about exactly?

3-4 devs are constantly active on the forums in their respective sections, sometimes even beyond that, we had at least 5 public beta threads with dev activity in the last week which eventually resulted in yet another hotfix, the 6th one in 5 weeks, 2 of which the entire team was supposed to be on holiday, and there is no plan to stop hotfixing until we're happy with stability and features that are supposed to be working correctly.

What exactly are you missing? An automated FB messages saying "thank you, your feedback is crucial to us"?
    Yes, like Aris said above, our communication might not be perfect and we are still too small of a team to focus serious efforts on PR, but come on, radio silence, really?

13. DowntownSIX

DowntownSIX Rookie

The update is much appreciated, cheers.

14. shushkata

shushkata Gamer

Thanks to Aristotelis for this update. This one post gives all the light most of us were looking for in the forums. Don't forget that many of us backed the project in it's early phase, so we are not afraid of failing attempts but we are much eager for new features ! Stay more open and we will follow :)

15. "More content announcements will arrive from official sources when it's due. Again I'm not allowed to talk about this because of the usual legal matters I have explained on other posts. I will only say that I'm very excited!"
    Aris why did u have to say that, my hype meter is now alerted lol. Thanks aris for your honesty and Kunos commitment to delivering the best they can , keep up the good work.

Epistolarius and Romneyb like this.
  16. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I missed some response to my questions since release of 1.0.
    But this week Ari explained me that they will not communicate anything about what there are working on or plan to work on.

My questions were stuff like if steam achievements are planned, if the with 1.0 silently removed career and mp statistics tabs will be established again.

But as I said above, this week Ari responded after I asked for a transparent communication that there are great news to be announced but nothing specific will be told until it's in a almost ready state.

So for me it means: "Stop asking stuff or doing any suggestions. It will not be answered. You have to wait for the information we are willing to give you when we are willing to do so. But do not try to make the game better by giving some suggestions, we are not responding to it."

17. A simplified "roadmap" can be summarized as follow:

1) Fix what's already in the game but doesn't perform properly. Ie. crashes & bugs
    2) Reintroduce the features that were taken temporarily out because of stability concerns. Ie. pitcrew, saves, stats
    3) potentially introduce new features and hardware support: ie. trackIR support and so on

It should be pretty straightforward to see in which category your own personal wishes fall.
    I would say we're somewhere in between 1 and 2 at the moment.
    And, of course, I've not included the already announced 2019 season upgrade.

18. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

No mate, it means:
    "As usual we do not comment on those until we have something working properly, because we do not want to raise hype and expectations and then maybe not be able to deliver."

Why is this so difficult to accept?

Epistolarius, Typer, Jebus and 12 others like this.
  19. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Anyone who feels like they don't communicate should follow dev users in here to get easy access to posts made by them. I feel like progress has been consistent and decently paced. Sometimes surprisingly fast. Gamedev takes time, and most of the complainers also feel like being backseat developers, which is silly.

20. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Sorry mate, it means: " Stop bothering us. We will fix bugs and implement (basic) features as long as we think it makes sense to invest time and money in ACC. Therefore we will only tell the most necessary stuff. We are happy with our sales so far and in principle ready to move on to a new project, as ACC never meant to be for the masses."

21. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

It's common practise in business not to promise something you can't deliver and Aris' explanation is far more transparent than many companies.

According to your profile you aren't 12 so you must have some understanding of how this works. Kunos announces something, thousands - yes thousands of internet users from all demographics interpret it their own way, run with it and then they bombard the dev when their final feature isn't exactly how they envisioned it when it was hinted at 6 months prior.

Currently we know that they are fixing bugs first, re-implementing features second and adding new features 3rd + 2019 free content is the first additional content AND there will be more content they can't announce yet. Nothing wrong with that so probably time to be satisfied with the response you have received in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.