1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC update progress is really <insert buzzword>

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by shushkata, Jul 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

If they're happy to move on to the next project, why would they be busy with the 2019 season content, which is coming for free?

pippo10 likes this.
  2. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Highly thankful for the updated information and fully agree with the stated priorities :)

my open opinion is that I disagree with this assessment! I strongly believe the community would benefit from a more detailed update "what specific features are we working on for v1.1, 1.2, 1.3, ...", without making any timing related commitments. That keeps us as your player base engaged and eager, and without the timing info there's no need to rush things. I'd much rather have you guys failing to implement 2 out of 10 "announced" (discussed) specific features, than not knowing at all what feature/add-on is, or might be, or will never be, in development for ACC.

ohjeah likes this.
  3. After so many years, It still amazes me how Kunos guys can still find the will to keep going with so many stupid, unfair and rude responses like the one above.
    I just hope they allways remember that for one idiot, there are hundreds of people appreciating what they've been delivering to us through out these years.

4. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I really don’t understand why anyone would think that progress has been slow. Feels to me like an onslaught of hot fixes and betas since 1.0. It amazes me what people’s expectations are, particularly of a small team working on a very niche and - it has to be said - very inexpensive product.

Nor do I understand the criticism about devs being uncommunicative. @Minolin @Aristotelis and @Lord Kunos are on here all the time. It is bizarre that some think that they’re not talking to us - they are, that’s self evident.

The guidance laid out in the earlier post sounds great to me. Stabilize the system, get triples and VR support working better if at all possible (because there’s a very vocal minority that are not happy about it) and then get going with new features and content. Very reasonable - and if that’s too slow for you, go play something else in the meantime.

P.s. @Lord Kunos said TrackIR support! Can’t wait

pippo10, LeDude83, Romneyb and 7 others like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

[​IMG]

Tim Meuris, Typer, Jebus and 21 others like this.
  6. RSR2KX

RSR2KX Racer

It gets a bit ridiculous. Since your buddy MML was banned you wanna step in his shoes ?

I think you already realised ACC is not for you. You should move on and try something else.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    LeDude83 and chksix like this.
  7. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

surreal expectations lead to endlessly disappointment

8. shushkata

shushkata Gamer

@warth0g - when i (as i started the conversation) talk about slow progress i have real concerns that the game will be dead before it is finished. Most of the recent YouTube videos / reviews / blogs commenting ACC are very skeptical and i know why. It does not have anything to do with hard work, less or lots of money, or other complicated stuff - once a product is finished and sold it must be ready. We know the team is small, we know the work is hard, it's like this in almost every business, but when you have a buyer / client (you name it) he wants a finished working product and he is right (unfortunately). When a product is still struggling and has issues day one, the customer base and all the reviewers are skeptical of the qualities of the product. Then when time passes and we are still in a fixing state the product's reputation starts to drop really fast. And again, this has no relation to how much work one put's in it, it's just that - one payed for a working game, with a set of features but still does not have what he payed for.

It's really vital and very hard to keep a promise alive and have the community hocked up on the ride. The only way this can work is to communicate strategically. I am sure that there is a real reason why the game was released at that very point in development, but i am also 100% sure that the state it came in was also known to the developers. The player base can be a factor in every aspect, but it's also a '*****' when it comes to finished products (unfortunately, again).

For me - i can wait 1 more year if needed, won't really matter. But i see in my leagues, that the players are starting to 'hate' more than to enjoy the game.

nangu and ohjeah like this.
  9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

How can you be so negative? I'm so glad of not being you.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Jebus likes this.
  10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Isn't there an app for that ?

I guess I don't understand the thought process of some one who expects a software company to state when a software issue will be "fixed",... WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THE ISSUE. If the software company knew what was causing the issue,... THERE WOULDN'T BE ONE.

But I guess its easy to be an armchair code debugger, and or 12 years old, with apologies to 12 year old's.

kro and Romneyb like this.
  11. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Many are not happy how v. 1 roll out went, so am I. But lets be serious, in my view, their team is creating a hugely realistic simulation, they nailed weather changes pretty much spot on (I honestly expected them to fail in it). Driving in ACC is so addictive & rewarding. Bugs are worked on along with new content. I petsonally, despite some criticue wish Good luck and thanks every member of their team for their work.

Romneyb, jaxx_za and stefanoCasillo like this.
  12. I think more people are playing because of the developers efforts, I have noticed the numbers are higher as of late especially at peek times of day.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Would be good if Aris or the Lord himself could put their posts as a separate thread so it does not get lost in here. I only came across their posts by bumbling through a thread I almost did not click on. If they had have created a kind of roadmap thread then I and I am sure many others would be interested in reading it.

14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'd like to take advantage of your comment and point out an interpretation of the numbers. Keep in mind as always that steamchart numbers are not the complete truth, but still it's a good indication of the trend. That said...

ACC is a title with mainly European interest. Yes of course we have great sales in the rest of the world, but it is also true that all circuits are european, and the series is mainly european. So being also a young title, it hasn't yet made a "critical mass" in USA and Asia, which means that during the night in Europe, numbers go down big time while AC and other sims, have a wider market reach and keep people busy also during europe night time.
    Takes time to spread in US and Asia and also effort from our side, but we have cards to play for the future

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There will be a more official announcement in the following days/week and more to follow after that

16. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I think the "radio silence" crew are not able to read more than 3 word sentences. They need vblogs or youtube clips from Kunos to be able to receive the information along with flashy drivebys of GT3 cars. :(

GroteBakkes, Jebus, pippo10 and 5 others like this.
  17. pastranario

pastranario Racer

This is also what the community needs, an official communication, it is perfect that they have appeared. Even with a small road map description. Hopefully follow the ads more fluently.

18. Adastros

Adastros Racer

im in 4 or 5 :D But thanks for the hard works, you all are a very good team, and this is my dream simulator !

Romneyb and D.Jankovic like this.
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I'll never understand the absurd impatience of gamers.

And also don't understand those that praise RF2 so much these days. I purchased RF2 in 2012. So it took them at least 6 years to get to a somewhat decent state really drawing peoples attention and in the process it was dead most of the time.
    I don't get how you could possibly try to compare that product to ACC.

Apart from that: be glad that ACC made it out of early access within less than a year. That alone is already an accomplishment.
    Sure, not everything is perfect, but the basis is pretty damn good and I'm certain that the dev team stays committed to improving the product. They've quite clearly shown with AC that they're willing to do so.
    Player numbers will surely grow over time when more and more GT3 leagues will switch from AC to ACC.
    Why? Wrong question. Why shouldn't they? There are so many advantages for GT3 leagues choosing ACC compared to AC.
    At least once there will be more tracks or the possibility for track mods.

20. david m

david m Racer

Top :D

josecar_fr likes this.