1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

They are all great, I particularly enjoy the one with the Halo, but that could be a VR thing.;)

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Do you use opencomposite or just steamvr?

3. I'm gonna try rF2 again once they've done a tyres that can bite if you don't know how to drive a car. :)

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Got base game for $15, it's much better than a train wreck it used to be, but still, manual json files modifications just to make FFB work right, and even official content quality varies greatly.
    Weather effects and night driving can't hold a candle to CSP/SOL, of course.
    FFB is quite nice (interesting), not to say that it's that much better than AC on DD, the biggest difference to me is that cars slide easier in corners versus more gradual resistance build up in AC.
    VR works fine, looks pretty sharp after adjusting texture sharpening, again in json file.
    Overall still feels quite raw and unfinished with limited official content and clunky, no documentation UI, graphics is quite drab but not that bad, again depends on the content, some tracks/cars look like straight from 90s.
    Are their DLCs worth it, everything is on sale at the moment?

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

On sale, IMO they are, as long as you're interested in the content of course. If you're no fan of GT3 the two GT3 DLCs won't be worth it of course. Track DLCs, again IMO, are well worth the money when on sale, as are the Reiza Packs. They can also be refunded within two hours according to Steams refund policies.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  6. chakko

chakko Alien

Yep.

FFB is MUCH better in AC and ACC here, with a G27. Especially with the new Tatuus car (which i was really interested in), the FFB doesn't at all give me feedback to the driving condition. Like you say, they also feel vastly different to other open wheelers in rF 2. Again, AC feels very coherent compared, every car feels differently, but, the feeling of driving different car in the same world of physics is much more present than in rF 2.

If people say ACC feels like a beta, then i don't know how rF 2 feels to me, even 6 years after the release. Maybe a pre-alpha.

7. I did try the Rfactor2 demo from Steam, could not get it in VR mode but the whole game looks in monitormode like being made in 1999. I know eyecandy is not everything but these rFactors2 graphics where bad made.
    While I could not get this Steam demo into the VRmode, how are the graphics in VR compaire to AC? For AC I’m using your VR adjustment manual at maximum, for my Samsung Odyssey+ .

8. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Demo isn't updated, most users reported it since it is a bad way to promote the title itself.
    rF2 looks and drives good but only with selected content, in my case I have only DLCs (except formula-e stuff) and those are damn good (I removed all the remaining packages from the game, less content more consistency).

9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I agree, although I also use some their free content, but at least regarding cars only the newer ones, basically cars that were released around the time the first paid DLC came out. They seem to be at a consistent level of quality since then. The Skip Barber was the only exception for me until the AC version came out. There are also a few select mod cars that are worth a try, eg the GP3 mod or Patrik Marek's BTCC Nissan.

Regarding tracks I'm a little less strict, as long as they don't look like I'm driving on the surface of the sun or they don't glare like they're made of chrome I'm fine with them. A good tip to make the game look better IMO is to set the time of day to late morning or early evening.

DaVeX↯ likes this.
  10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

That is also where I am at with RF2, it can be really good, but like you I am starting a big clean up of whatever I don’t really like. Even if I end up only with the Tatuus and one or 2 cars from the Reiza dlc. LOL.
    To me it is worth it. I am not even wasting any disk space for mods, too much inconsistency and frustration, modding must be super hard in RF2.
    S397 might be able to give us a finished SIM some day, they are trying hard, I am thankful and grateful for their efforts and will take advantage to use what I like in the meantime, because when it is good it is as good as anything out there and worth my SIM driving time.

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It drives quite nice and looks decent in VR. For $15.99 summer sale price (ends soon), it's worth a try. As far as investing into it, time and DLC, I am not so sure.
    S397 is trying but at that pace of improvement afraid only my grand kids will see the finished rFactor2.
    I can get better experience in modded AC, and I don't buy that "rFactor2 physics and FFB are in another league", sorry, this is just fanboys talk, drove both extensively back to back over weekend with OSW and just can't see that.
    It's slightly different flavor but both are pretty good. To my taste, I can feel and control cars better in AC, could be just old developed habit.
    And as far as visuals go, it's just no contest, AC with CSP + SOL outshines even PCars2 and ACC.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Me neither, never really understood what this is about, even though I tried and tried. It does on paper offer a lot with the dynamic track, dynamic weather, drying lines, sophisticated physic and tyre model, but the result is often underwhelming. When it works, like for me it works with the Tatuus, it is on par with the best I ever had.
    I came to the conclusion that a minority want to like how RF2 drives as if it makes them part of a special group of connoisseur, it seem that when you are part of that group you need to tell every one RF2 is the only way because everything else is sub par. As if they need to feel special that way.
    I think anyone limiting his SIM driving is making a mistake, they all have something that the other don’t, as with eating, part of a healthy diet is a mix of the best food, not eating always the same. We are just so lucky (on PC) that they are so cheap and that disk space is also so cheap, we have no reason not to have it all and binje. :D

Nahkamarakatti and Andrew_WOT like this.
  13. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I can understand how it's possible, after spending a lot of time with a SIM (esp it's your first serious foray into SIM racing), to acquire a preference for the physics, handling, FFB etc, such that other titles may seem lacking in comparison.

I currently feel this way with ACC - I cannot get into the RF2 / R3E car feel, and would go as far as saying that I currently prefer ACCs over ACs.

So I don't think that those whom are claiming that RF2 has the best physics / FFB are making stuff up - I believe they genuinely have a preference for it. Having said that, were they to spend a fair amount of time on a newer title like ACC, it's possible for opinions to change. But it's more likely that most would try ACC, realise that it's very different to what they are used to, and give up.

On a side note, perhaps just as this forum discourages the use of the term fanboy to describe those of us that are supportive of ACC, we should probably apply the same to our judgement of other titles as well. The negative connotation goes both ways, and it would be hypocritical not to highlight this.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Andrew_WOT and Cote Dazur like this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

@Cote Dazur, you nailed it.
    If you read their forum or RD, or even recent interview (part 1), not only users, devs are proud they don't look as good as other sims, as if "ugly look" is a trademark of a real sim, so they praise to the sky what they have, decent (not extraordinary) FFB and physics.
    Stumbled upon this video a few days ago. Good overview of what is wrong with the title.

I still recommend to get this title, btw, esp. on sale. We are not spoiled by a lot of decent racing sims after all, even if it's unfinished like rfactor2, there are still few things you can enjoy.
    Performance in VR for once is in a better shape than ACC.

jaxx_za likes this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

16. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Well, devs are working on new material system. It is already working on cars and needs to be applied to tracks too (you will appreciate it only when applied to both since those are each other depending), also they are going to rework lights and clouds (as they said on several occasions).
    It is like playing DCS and Ace Combat, both are about planes but the first doesn't apply excessive FX, lights, etc as the second due the different nature of the titles.
    To be honest the look of rF2 is the latest problem imo, what are missing are some basics features like drivetrain, working clutch, etc etc so the simulation part is the one which needs more love...

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I can also understand, that at some point one is so comfortable with a title that the other titles, even titles that they have preferred before, do not feel as great anymore. No issue with that and very different from only one title is good and the other are not.
    I too, at this time prefer the ACC driving feeling in relation to Physic and FFB, I love it, If I could have all the other cars and tracks combo I like in all the SIM I enjoy, then ACC would be the one.
    But, and it is a big but, it is never the case, so far none offer the best on everything, so the ability to pick and choose, seems to be like the best choice at this point.
    I prefer X over Y is very different from X is so great and superior that all the other Y are unworthy of my “precious “ time and limiting to just X when none of the X are even remotely close to perfection is not wise. Monogamy is not a requirement for a satisfying SIM experience.
    I remember back in the days when AC was by far my favorite choice, driving some other titles was just to remind me how great, even if it was not perfect, AC felt to me. With VR, the new perspective gave a new life to other titles, AC stayed on top, until ACC arrived, but other were also nourishing my SIM aspirations.
    I indulge in the diversity not stressing over the little imperfection that all titles have anyway, not deluding myself that I need a “perfect”experience to be happy, I just relax and enjoy.

jaxx_za and Andrew_WOT like this.
  18. tlsmikey and Andrew_WOT like this.
  19. Danny Wilde

Danny Wilde Rookie

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

This one deserved a round of applause.
    upload_2019-7-9_8-7-14.png