1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thx1137, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

G'day @Aristotelis I appreciate you guys are super busy, but if possible could you supply the following items in your telemetry data?

* WorldPosition (RealtimeCarUpdate.WorldPosX, RealtimeCarUpdate.WorldPosY)
    * Penalties (BroadcastingCarEventType.PenaltyCommMsg)
    * Accident (BroadcastingCarEventType.Accident)
    * Tire wear

These already have places defined in existing data structures, they are just always blank or never triggered. These aren't performance related so I don't think these would be under NDA would they?

I think this is all I need to finish the core functionality of Crew Chief which as you may know is an awesome add-on for any racing sim!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools Crew Chief overhaul for ACC Feb 19, 2022
    Chit Chat Room crew chief missing the right position online Nov 4, 2019
    ACC Tools Crew Chief Beta Jul 21, 2019
    ACC Audio Make crew chief louder, cannot understand it... Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Gameplay crew chief does not warn me if I have to do a drive through Apr 18, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds crew chief not working Mar 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room VR with mic question using Crew Chief Jan 15, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Crew Chief V4 coms audio mod. Nov 10, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa PC Getting Started Guide including Content Manager, Sim Racing System & the Crew Chief Sep 29, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Using VR - Crew Chief and Discord in headset / Game sounds through speakers - Possible? Aug 20, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Crew Chief not making spotting calls after update? Mar 28, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Crew Chief for Assetto Corsa Sep 6, 2016
    ACC Tools ACC Pitcrew Nov 18, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager has screwed me Nov 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series x pit crew May 30, 2022

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

You sir, are a true legend. Thank You

Salvatore Amato and GoBo like this.
  4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hey, sure thing. I’ll ask the programs about it and let you know in the coming week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Would be super nice to have the ability of using Crew Chief! Much better than the radar thing that is implemented.
    Please, Kunos.....make it work!!

@Thx1137 you are a legend indeed

6. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@Thx1137
    Thank you for working at implementation of one of the most immersion giving and useful tools in sim racing for me.
    What does the core funktionality include or not include?
    Will there be also the spotter available?
    Are you member of the official CrewChief team or is it just a "mod" and ACC is still not supported officially by Jimmy Britton and his team?

But bringing CrewChief to ACC is a very huge step in the driving experience and would push immersion and functionality of ACC to the moon. Long asked, waited and hoped for, hopefully it gets realized.

morpwr69 likes this.
  7. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

The radar app is a real cool and very useful thing. I love that, but at the same time I miss my spotter Clair. So to have both would be perfekt.

8. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

The radar app may be cool, but far from realistic. And since ACC is labeled as a simulator, I rather have a spotter telling me what's going on around my car.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Fremen_78, Jebus and jc1993 like this.
  9. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Neither is a radar app realistic.
    But for a single screen player like me it is necessary to have any available information about what is happening around my vehicle.
    And I love it when a girl is talking to me.:rolleyes:

Thx1137 likes this.
  10. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

I haven been using it long so I actually don't know what all its features are. But here is the current state going by today's testing:

At a very high level, the following bits work which I think cater for a lot of the use cases:
    * Sector information
    * Lap information
    * Opposition driver information such as "X is 10 seconds behind" and "Y is 0.5 seconds in front".
    * Aero damage

Not Working
    * Spotter - I need WorldPosition to get the spotter to work. I think that is it. I've only been looking at the code for the last few days on and off so not fully familiar yet.
    * Tire wear
    * Tire temperature - We wont get this
    * Penalty info

11. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

I've only ever heard her say "Spotter, radio check". I'd love to hear more, great accent.

12. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I do not know any accents, because english is not my first language, but she is the only female spotter available so far.

13. Bobobski

Bobobski Rookie

I was wondering about this as I've seen some logged channels in ACC's Motec data logs that seem to refer to some kind of tyre temp (TYRE_TAIR_LF, TYRE_TAIR_LR, TYRE_TAIR_RF, TYRE_TAIR_RR), they're tagged as unitless, but when mapped to degrees C seem to correspond to the kinds of ranges you would expect (60-100 C).

XettMan likes this.
  14. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

I've looked in the memory mapped data and UDP data and can't see these values populated. The data exported by the telemetry option may have the data but we need it in real time.

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just make me a full list of what you need.
    In case there are values I don't want to show, we can discuss it and see if we can work around it or have alternatives.
    Thanks

deni80s, arjensen, edcoronag and 48 others like this.
  16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

OMG…

Salvatore Amato and D.Jankovic like this.
  17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

@Thx1137, this is awesome. And to think some complain that devs don't engage on this forum!

18. goon

goon Gamer

This is really exciting. I really miss CC, it's a brilliant app and would be great in ACC. Thanks to everyone who is working on getting it working.

F1Aussie likes this.
  19. None of them are realistic but both are very useful ;)

20. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

Thanks @Aristotelis, that's awesome!

This is hopefully a complete list of what CC wants that I don't have. In my order of importance. Others may disagree :)

* WorldPosition (RealtimeCarUpdate.WorldPosX, RealtimeCarUpdate.WorldPosY - for every car). CC wants X and Z but I assume Z is their Y axis on a two axis plane. Needed for the spotter.
    * AC_FLAG_TYPE (acpmf_graphics.flag. I don't think many of these work. EG: Disqualified and Penalty don't and need those at least)
    * Penalty time (acpmf_graphics.penaltyTime.)
    * Tyre temperature ( I M O for all four tyres - an overall value for each tire would suffice I would think)
    * Tyre wear (for each tyre)
    * Suspension damage (for each tyre)
    * engineLifeLeft (for each vehicle)
    * PitWindowStart and PitWindowEnd (from acpmf_static)
    * Penalties (BroadcastingCarEventType.PenaltyCommMsg - I don't think we need this but could be useful. We need the penalty flag and time more)
    * Accident (BroadcastingCarEventType.Accident)
    * A way to determine if a session is multi-player or single-player.
    * Car model for all cars (I can only find it for the player car only in the current data so I assume they are all the same. I think CC is only interested in the GT3 bit so this isn't too important)

sdiem, Tiger Feet and Nada like this.
  21. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

I like super accurate simulations but we do need to take into account the limitations of the vision and control devices players use so yeah, these aids are a great thing. ACC's physics and graphics coupled with CCs chatter is the next level, to me anyway.

DiRTMark, Flavus, morpwr69 and 2 others like this.