1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS ECU maps implementation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

2. I quoted djshivas message about the 991 maps.
    So my testing was done with the 991.
    But I agree that the 2 maps are probably very similar, add that to my probably very average laptimes and it's no wonder why there's no difference.

Will go try on some different tracks too tell if I can find any difference in the maps, although I should have more focus on track knowledge than messing around with engine maps.
    I might end up recording some laps so I also can get some feedback on my driving so I hopefully can improve.

Neilski likes this.
  3. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I had a go myself with the 991 GT3 R - no speed diff between maps 4 and 8... Must indeed be a pretty darn tiny power difference. I forgot to try map 9 tho :)

Btw, @Aristotelis - I noticed last night that only 16 of the 18 cars are listed in post #1. The 991II GT3 Cup and one of the Huracans are missing (maybe the Huracan ST?).

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

And the Aston lists "5-8 wet maps", which should be 5-7, and the AMG lists "1-4 maps" but only 1-3 explained.

Neilski likes this.
  5. Mai_88

Mai_88 Gamer

@Aristotelis
    McLaren has 12 maps for me instead of 9 on the setup screen:
    Screenshot (136).png
    Just to make it clear, that happens only on the setup screen, if I change it while driving, goes from 1 to 9.

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Suggestion for a test approach:

1. Make sure that the maps you compare are actually a fast and a slow one
    2. Drive 10 clean laps in a row on each lap, at quick but safe pace

To evaluate the results, remove the fastest and slowest lap from each stint and AVG the time of the remaining 8 laps.

7. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Hmmmm, after some testing my new goal is to get my skills to the point where this makes a difference to my times.....a lighter car from expended fuel has a much more pronounced effect on my lap times than any of these maps.....

8. As I've said before, by no means is the way I tested to be found as the correct way, and more laps would give a better idea of the difference.
    I still think there should be a very slight but noticeable difference between a normal map and a qualification map.

That said, I'm sitting in the low 24's around brands hatch which is fairly slow, so I'm well aware that I can work on my lines, brake points etc around the track, and find a lot of time doing so.
    But every time I try to brake slighly later, or accelerate just a little earlier, I end up running wide or almost spinning, so I've might reached my potential, that won't keep me from practicing a lot more and trying to better myself.

I've seen people in the 22's around brands hatch, don't know if that's alien fast or not, but it is an clear indicator I should and can be better.

9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Hello Thank you very much for this post.
    Can tell us the difference between normal power and qualifying power in porsche?
    Is there a torque difference? or HP difference?
    Oh also difference between linear,progressive,least progressive and aggressive which one is most aggressive?
    Thanks

10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

hello sim racers,
    I did some testing on Porsche ECU maps and found out following->>
    1. Least progressive means it is even less effective that progressive(map 2).It does not mean more aggressive than "aggressive" which is map 3&7.This map means that you have to push throttle more and it will not have direct relation to acceleration
    2. Progressive map have slightly better relation between acceleration and throttle position
    3. Aggressive have highest sensitivity i.e it will give more acceleration relative to throttle position for example->>for 20% throttle it will give 30% acceleration(these numbers are just for assumptions and not true)
    4. Linear map is straightforward it means throttle position has direct relation to acceleration.
    Now,5-8 Have same effect BUT it has qualifying power(more power) and higher fuel consumption.

I did some acceleration testing on monza on Map 3 (Aggressive Map & Race/Normal Power) AND Map 7(Aggressive Map & Qualifying Power).
    I found out that Qualifying mode has slightly better acceleration,it is around 0.100-0.200 seconds faster to 0-100Km/H in 1st Gear.(Tc was set to 2 and aggressive setup on both test.
    This results is very hard to calculate since it depends on how you release the clutch and ofcourse how i used stopwatch since both of these things are not very consistent that 0.100-0.200 number may not be accurate BUT acceleration is sure faster in map 7 compared to map 3 )

I don't know how lap times are affected since i'm not that consistent and fast
    but if my testing is accurate then Map 5-8 should be fastest especially 7 & 8.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    LeDude83 and Neilski like this.
  11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yep for wet preset setup ECU map is at 8 which makes no sense.maybe it is a mistake.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  12. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

@Aristotelis i think there is just a little mistake ;)

5-8 wet maps
    • 5 similar to dry 2&3 map, normal fuel consumption with slightly progressive throttle map
    • 6 a bit slower, less fuel consumption and progressive wet throttle map
    • 7 identical to 6 with more progressive throttle map
    8 Pace car very slow map and low consumption for Pace Car situations

should be 5-7 wet maps ;)

*edit* Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3

13. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Well, firstly, power and torque are just two sides of the same thing. At any given engine speed, one is exactly proportional to the other - so a 10% torque boost at 500o rpm will mean a 10% power boost at 5000 rpm.
    Secondly, my only testing so far has been the max speed on a long straight. I can tell nothing about the throttle maps from that. The speed for maps 4 and 8 on the 991 was essentially identical (something like 275 kph). The only conclusion I can robustly draw from this is that the power difference between those two maps in 6th gear at high rpm and wide open throttle is small - no more than about 1% - or possibly even zero. That doesn't mean that the maps have the same power in other parts of the operating window - e.g. medium rpm. (Does anyone know this stuff? Are Blancpain engines allowed to behave differently in different gears?)

Excellent! Testing is always good. Bit of a challenge though with a stopwatch, but still worth a go. Telemetry is the ideal way to do it - I understand that this is possible with ACC but I haven't yet tried it. (On AC, I have semi-directly measured the power curves for various cars by analysing acceleration telemetry.)

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yep power and torque are related agree on that.
    I did acceleration test Map 3 vs Map 7 on stopwatch on my phone lol.I don't know how to use that telemetry app but i know it is very useful.
    P.S:Stopwatch is not accurate but in all best of 3 test MAP 7 reached 0-100km/h faster.

Neilski likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Why didn't you use motec for this instead of a stopwatch etc.

corey.rogers likes this.
  16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't know how to use it and i'm guilty of not getting to know it lol.

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Any chance that there could be two separate settings?
    1. Power/fuel consumption level
    2. Throttle linearity

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

That's exactly what this car has.
    Map 1-4 will give slightly less power(i think) and less fuel consumption while still providing same throttle options as map 5-8.
    Map 5-8 will have more power at cost of more fuel.I don't know how much more power though,i would really like to know.

19. corey.rogers

corey.rogers Gamer

The cars are setup as they are in real life as is reasonably possible. Engine maps and throttle sensitivity are linked and the driver has to make the difference.

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I know, but personally I'd like to separate the two.
    Currently I have to remember which mapping is which, if you separate them, you don't really have to remember anything.