1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC update progress is really <insert buzzword>

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by shushkata, Jul 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

There is a difference between disliking something and still act normal and acting like a complete ... . U know what i mean. There is different ways to say different things. U can tell it how it is,
    This "ACC - User" has chosen to vent his frustration on numerous spots online and chose to make up stuff besides twisting the made points he had. Tell me then, what is so constructive of his way of doing things that
    we should keep listening to it?
    If he feels progress is too slow or non existent, as he has stated, then why insist on draggin on and frustrate yourself more? Just stop playing the game and leave here if you lost all hope for the game. If u listen to his tone how he says things its borderline insulting, and thats not sarcasm, thats downright cynical. Every post of his sounds like a crusade against ACC & Kunos.
    IMO, people that do use common sense and reason, even if they disagree on things, they either wait it out, take a break and move on. And leave the rest that do enjoy the game or have the patience for improvement, to their peace.
    I did not come here to see the same, like Coanda said, regurgitation thread after thread adding nothing but irritation. Its not helping no one, and poisons the rest of the fans and constructive critics which there are more then enough here.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    vanveen, anthonylroy, Jebus and 6 others like this.
  2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Damn you are detective

3. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

But FFB isn't an opinion, it's a fact. The wheel of a given GT3 car on certain surface at a given speed and turning angle feels a certain way. If you want to play an arcade game full of fake, ginned up effects like "understeer effect" and w/e, that's your choice, but it isn't fair to judge a product whose goal is to accurately reproduce the feel of the real cars based on your fantasy standard of what you'd prefer.

Pekka, Micii1, grrdabrr and 2 others like this.
  4. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I don't think that's the case if it's on a public forum which has open access and is accurately quoted and properly attributed. We'd never get breaking news if that was the case.

5. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

So Assetto Corsa, iRacing, rFactor, etc... -are arcade games now? just wow.

There is an amazing thing called "options", you could enable or disable to your liking, like you know, the other 1000 things that are not technically realistic but still are there in ACC.

Calling your opinion a fact, does not make it a fact.

F1Aussie likes this.
  6. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Compared to ACC, they are yes. That is the previous generation of sims, and ACC is a major step forward in all areas including FFB.

As for options, to quote Aris: "We are very, VERY rigorous on the FFB. We don't add fake effects just to make you happy. We reproduce the forces created by the tyres and then leveraged by the suspension geometry. That's it. If you need extra info then maybe you need to rewire your brain and search for different clues or different intensity clues, they are there... It is time that simracers turn back to understand what is realistic and what real cars do and stop asking for all sims and all cars in a sim to behave exactly as they think they should do or be similar to the one combo that they like and feel comfortable with. If we keep doing this, we will lose focus and the road to simcade is easy to achieve and make everybody happy."

Here's a link to his whole post on it. Such a brilliant write-up. https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-ffb.50905/page-46#post-1027985

vanveen, jaxx_za and menos | M6 like this.
  7. With out setting any fanboys off the deep end, I think ac has better ffb at the moment, because you can use a .lut file along with assetto_corsa.ini/damper_min_level. And with acc as far I can tell you cant do this yet, I am hoping you can in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2019
    Stickdeath1980 likes this.
  8. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

@GroteBakkes well, you think he's a troll. I don't think so. I think, it's a bad habit to call people "trolls" when they voice their opinion. And an opinion is not always constructive. Have you ever thought about it, that not everyone gets so easily offended like you? You tried to make it personal. Can you understand, that people really dislike the current state, but that they still want the game to succeed? Honestly, for a full 1.0, I'd rate the game a 6/10. But I still want to see it go up to a 9 or even a 10. I hate so many things about the game and I still play it, to be part of the userbase, because if the userbase stops to play, we'll not get the updates and upgrades that we want.

@Strawberry well, I wouldn't say that ACC is so much better. I once had the chance to get my hands at an exclusive rf1 "mod" that Porsche and Dunlop developed to test tires. I'd say that it was probably pretty realistic.

ACC is a huge step forward to all other sims in these areas:

-graphics

And in these areas, there are better sims:

-sound(Raceroom)
    -content(almost every sim through mods, Race07 f.e. through DLC)
    -multiplayer options(f.e. server settings)
    -singleplayer career(Race07 f.e.)

In these areas nobody can be 100% sure:

-physics(because tbh, nobody here has driven a GT3 probably)

Overall, ACC has great physics, in my opinion. If they're the best, i don't know. The graphics are stunning, the sound is still great, but it lacks in some areas. Thing is, i think the guys from kunos do a great job, despite some starting problems, but let's see it from that POV. You say, that ACC has the best physics, because a dev told you. He didn't even gave you detailed insight, but just "clues". Thats similar to VW telling you that it's new Golf is the best. Why? Go figure it out. It's the best, just follow the clues. Every dev will tell you that their sim is the best. Studio397 says, that rf2 has the best physics, the guys from RaceRoom tell the same, as well as the guys from iRacing. Gran Turismo is even called "The real driving simulator" and Kunos also says, that their physics are the best. Honestly, there's no real way for us customers to find out.

Stickdeath1980 likes this.
  9. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Dude, do i really have to explain this? Are U trying to pass me of as a blind fanboy here? Captain Obvious, of course the game has it flaws. And of course most want it to improve. But for some reason U seem to miss the point why im pointing his **** out.

He was a dissatisfied user with the game and its services. Which can happen. So he voiced his concerns and issues for some time. In his opinion nothing (adequate) was done about it, (which i doubt it if u only hear what u wanna hear) and he got mad & frustrated. Impatient as well. So he goes to find bystanders and starts to be bitter more and more polluting threads, fora and other platforms with not only his original issues, but with made up ones as well. All and every comment from that point on is mostly all vitriol, rage & slandering on each and every aspect he can find which is (currently) a negative for the game.
    It doesnt matter if its a big or small negative, all negatives need to be blown out of proportion and in as much places as possible. From the Unreal engine, to doubting if Kunos are Simracers bladiebla to the Kunos office cleaner not having Force Feedback on his mop & bucket.... it does not matter, as long as he is "heard" how much **** is wrong with the game while making a grandiose show about it.

At this point youre not a dissatisfied user no more, u have become a Troll, lying to make your point and setting up people here with his continous negative attitude and sarcastic and cynical messaging.
    Transformation complete.
    And as soon as he is trying the victim role, people like U are seeing this as innocent opinion voicing. Please dont tell me you're that naive.
    Keep it real is all what im saying, if u dont get that, then i dont have anything with U to discuss as well.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    vanveen, Jebus, jaxx_za and 1 other person like this.
  10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

<lost without dev diary videos> :p

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@GroteBakkes don't worry - I'm confident it's crystal clear to the most in here what MKO is on about.

MKO joined the forum a while back, opened a clickbait "funny" thread with a "Seat Corsa" and kind of at the same time made fun of me because I reported how the FFB had suddenly changed for the better on my system. He regularly joined or started fights after then and announced his forum departure at least once, IIRW.

The stuff you're bringing to the table now is the confirmation of what was pretty clear even before. And I appreciate that you do this. Why? Because it's the best way to deal with trolls - take them seriously and challenge them to their own words. It takes a lot of effort and at the end people now come and say "Stop fighting guys." - which is frustrating and unfair to you. It's important that someone takes this annoying challenge and does this work - otherwise it might look like MKO is somehow right and trustworthy with what he says.

You're taking the time and having the wit to shed the right light on this toxic person is giving back some hope to me. TBH, I'm optimistic that the general public is slowly developing a good sense for trolls.

Thumbs up from the Dude!

12. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

You can use LUT files in ACC.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Another nice example of someone who didn't do their homework and therefore came to false conclusions.
    Throw in a generic insult to begin the post with - textbook.

14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

We keep community healthy by eliminating bullies, that's for sure. You've been warned by me for your behavior and Sunday night you got all the attention you needed. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun, going around the internet saying everybody how bad Kunos dev is by not letting you free speech. Have fun

Dookie, AurusCE, D.Jankovic and 20 others like this.
  15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

So... AGAIN, this forum has moderation RULES! You can read them here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/forum-behaviour-and-moderation.29364/

You can have all the free speech that you like, as long as you don't being aggressive to other users and devs/mods. We have no problems with constructive criticism and ideas discussion. But we will certainly DO NOT defend users that simply hate the product and our work continuously, seek attention with specific kind of posts, trying constantly to be on the edge of the line of what is permitted in this forum. Such users are banned and free to continue their hate activity elsewhere.

We have a job to do, and our job is to make a great sim. We are a small team and we want to stay in touch and close to the community. To do so, we need to be able to visit the forum and find a willing and positive community. Yes fights might happen as everywhere, no big deal. But having the forum active during the whole Sunday, with flames and baiting, is not acceptable. If anyone has an issue, report to the devs/mods and we will take care of it.

Zinny, Dookie, ChivasRx and 20 others like this.