1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC GPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 23, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks. Will return the 2070, though. It is far superior regarding FPS over my Vega but the FreeSync doesn't work too well. The smoothness is more important to me than the extra effects I can add with the 2070.

Will AMD have a new high-end series any time soon? Navi is expected for late summer but AFAIK it's gonna be midrange.

2. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Oh yea gsync compatible is not always working. I had to wait for 419.35 until it worked.

We need to watch for Computex in May. First Infos are expected to be announced.

Not fully right.
    There are 2 Navi Series planned. One for midrange low end and one for High Performance, but second one comes way later. Atleast the speculatius says so... but first real 7nm products. Vega 20 wasn't a full 7nm jump, just resized to fit in.

For me Ryzen 3000 is more interesting.
    Xeon 1231v3 from my bro will be replaced by 8 or 12 core 3000 Zen. Hopefully OC close to 5Ghz

Gesendet von meinem EML-L29 mit Tapatalk

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ah, I didn't know that 2 Navi series were planned. For now my system runs very well so I can wait. I'm actually very happy with what I have now.

But I wasn't clear enough: Gsync compatible did work turning it on and off was night and day difference. But running FreeSync with the Vega was night and day, again. The 2070 had notable blur during movements and some hick-ups. With the Vega it's like liquid paint is flowing across the screen.

Deatroy likes this.
  4. Stekelly1980

Stekelly1980 Rookie

Will there be an official benchmark?

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

IDK

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Here's my 1.0 result - very much the same as 0.7.2:

2019-05-30 00:34:31 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4218 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 70.300 - Min: 54 - Max: 105

@pankykapus there are some new settings. How do I need to set them to where they were in 0.7.2. Volumetric fog e.g. was on/off previously but now it's disabled/low/mid/high.

7. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Bump, any appetite to update this now that we have 1.x released?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That would be up to the other users. But the GPU performance actually never changed from the very first version. So everything you see in the table is up to date.

9. flihp

flihp Racer

just re did a test for the fun of it.
    my results back on 0.3.5
    2018-12-02 15:26:42 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4530 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 75.500 - Min: 59 - Max: 106

my results now on 1.04, with Volumetric fog on highest setting and Hlod enabled.
    019-06-16 11:00:47 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3830 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 63.833 - Min: 44 - Max: 107

results with volumetric fog disabled.
    2019-06-16 11:03:52 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4617 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 76.950 - Min: 60 - Max: 116

so personally nothing really changed in performance, but visual quality is improved ( to me anyway).

10. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

guys i noticed a strange thing...when you have shadows on high the fps is superior to when it is on medium...strange...
    i am on 1080ti and playing in 4k

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Could you please back this claim up with the results of 2 GPU benchmark runs with the shadows to medium and high? It doesn't have to be exactly like in the OP of this thread - any 60 s run with FRAPS or Afterburner in hotlap mode will do.

Not saying you're not right, but in order to properly discuss the claim, we must prove it. That's the systematic approach.

12. broadappeal

broadappeal Rookie

Thanks for very usefull thread.

Ver 1.0.4
    GPU RX570 GDDR4 4GB
    CPU i3-4160
    RAM 8GB

2019-06-19 22:00:34 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 1970 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 32.833 - Min: 23 - Max: 52

I want to upgrade my old cpu and gpu asap.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Wait a few weeks more before upgrading, AMD's Ryzen 3000 CPU's and Navi GPU's are about to be released on July 7th.

Depending on prices and performance it might be either a good choice or it might lead to prices of current gear to maybe drop in price a bit more or shops are giving good deals to clear inventory.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Running Windows 7:
    CPU: AMD FX4350 @ 4.5 GHz
    GPU: AMD RX Vega 64
    RAM: DDR3-1333

(Yeah, so pretty old system apart from the GPU, Upgrade pending once the Ryzen 3000 is widely available.)

Frames: 3154 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 52.567 - Min: 40 - Max: 84

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks for sharing. The results are suspiciously poor, though. As you will have noticed, the fixed settings in post 1 aren't up to date, anymore. You might have chosen overly harsh settings in your run. You posted the worst Vega results so far in the database - I don't think that even with the old CPU the results should be so bad.

@pankykapus could you please review the settings in Post 1 and tell me which ones to choose for the additional options we have by now? We managed to keep the results comparable from day 1 one, it would be a shame to lose that database now. Thanks.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I notice quite often that my CPU is limiting in ACC, so I wouldn't rule that out, also keep in mind that my memory is very slow, even by DDR3 standards.
    I tried to track all of the settings down, but of course some are new, some might have been removed.
    Apart from that, not running Windows 10 might also be an influence.

Oh and after all, it could be that ACC just performs differently now, because things change during early access.
    Maybe you should just retry your benchmark results with current ACC and see what you get. ;)

17. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Edit: there was a stupid question, answer found

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Here's my run with 1.0:

This is almost exactly the same as with 0.6.5 (see table in first post). Also from other systems, there has been no indication so far that the GPU performance has changed much ever since I started recording this.

I don't know your CPU very well but I don't think that it will bottleneck in hotlap mode. CPU stress is greatly increased by other cars are being rendered - regardless of MP or SP.

There's no point in discussing this - it can easily be tested. Install Afterburner, log the GPU usage and re-run the GPU benchmark. If GPU drops below 100 %, your theory will seem to be correct.

I still think it's the settings you chose - what was volumetric fog set to, for example? It's a hard hitter on the FPS. I'm pretty sure running it at max doesn't equate to the previous "enabled".

19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

ok, I'll have a look.

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Tried again and I think one issue is that I had ACs frame monitor activated. That cost a bit in performance.
    With that the new values are:
    Avg: 59.4 - Min: 49 - Max: 96

I tried a few other settings, but couldn't find anything that wasn't clearly specified and making a huge difference towards higher framerates.

I did some GPU profiling with WattMan and it's mostly at around 95-100%, but drops down to 70-90% occasionally.
    So it's mostly in the GPU limit, but not always.
    That could explain why it's especially the average that is lower in my case, but the peak is in between the other two Vega 64 in the list.