1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to tell where you are in pace? Per track evaluation

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Karsten Beoulve, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Hotlap is often this one special lap and not that representative.
    My approach would be to concentrate on average laptimes in respect to the achieved place.
    You take for example the winner of a dry race and calculate his avg time. Then you take several races and calculate the average of these times.

In this way, you could get something like an expected average laptime for each place.

But honestly, I think it is not that easy to implement, since there are so many cases, you have to cover, especially when you want this for P1-P30

Max Doubt likes this.
  2. ignission

ignission Simracer

Just out of interest, where you active on the LFS forums back in the day? Your name rings a bell... :)

3. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

There's a lot to be said for knowing how competitive you are for any one combination of car / track. The simplest thing (but obv. requires coding effort by Kunos) is to show an end screen when your session finishes (e.g. quick race in the Ferrari at Brands) that shows your lap time vs. the record lap time for that combo. To make it a little richer, you'd do what the OP suggested and break that up into different tiers - i.e. you weren't just 3 seconds of the lap record for that combo, you're "graded" with a "junior racer" lap time, as 5,000 people were faster than you etc.

4. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Isn't that what CC and PC are meant for?

5. ignission

ignission Simracer

It’s clear that personal statistics in game are clearly lacking at the moment but I’d be surprised if this wasn’t on the list for the guys at Kunos. They’re sim racers like us too remember.

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

hot lap
    sub 2:17 is alien territory...
    sub 2:18 I wouldn't say pro-simracer but fanatics dreaming of reaching that next level...
    sub 2:19 fast
    etc etc

Loeki likes this.
  7. Default

Default Racer

Alien Spa hotlaps should be in the 2.16s or even 2.15s

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Laptimes are entirely relative though to the particular session. Optimal hotlap is considerably quicker then any sessions I have setup in MP. I jumped into some other servers setup so fast that I was easily faster then even hotlap sessions I ran and this can easily be +- 3 seconds in dry conditions.

So laptimes in themselves mean very little but the special events are a good way to really show pace. Be it single lap or a hotstint at various lengths in all the same conditions. Then obviously in a server you get dircet comparisons between everyone in that session in the same conditions even as they change.

I really hoped the special events in ACC would be more then they are. Have a hotlap at all tracks matching the conditions of that years real world fastest qualy lap.

Open to all cars with an easily viewable leaderboard where you could see times per car or overall. Do the same with hotstints and have maybe a short and long one per track and allow it open to all cars. Have ranking be per car but show overall times too as its something of interest to many I think.

I really dont see the benefit of rotating special events with limited combo's when this could be a great feature. It could also track fixed setup times vs open setups and many of the setup and BOP questions will be answered by pure results for all.

Also the PC rating would have more value as there would be considerably more times to compare against if leaderboards werent reset but possibky be archived if major changes to the physics come about and then you could change to season 2 for example.

When 2019 season comes there could be a new list of special events to tie in with the 2019 season itself. This would give cool valuable data for all and also have more direct li ks to the real season. I dont know if the reason for the limited events is server hosting and bandwidth but simply storing laptimes in a txt file shouldnt be too high a load compared to all the data being used for ratings.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  9. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Even below 2:19 shouldn’t be a problem for normal quite fast driver, and I mean in the race no super extra optimum condition. To be honest 2:21 in the race is a bit to slow in my opinion.

10. Balles

Balles Gamer

What about a TO leaderboad ? TO already take into account all aspects of the game.
    My wish is the ultimate leaderboard where you can filter all the ratings, TO, PC, CN, etc... and the laptimes by track/car no matter the weather conditions.
    Kunos doesn't have to build it themselves, they just have to make an API to access/store the data and anyone can make a website leaderboard. As a webdev, I'd like to do it.

Vision_Slayer_525 and somebody13 like this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

2:35 can be fast in some conditions and 2:18 can be slow in other conditions so unless comparing identical conditions in the same cars mentioning certain lap times really means very little. :D In optimal conditions some cars 2:18 may be very fast in others not so much so there are so many possible variables that really only an online session or fixed sessions special event can be used to give a true comparison of pace. Single lap pace also isnt the most important thing in endurance racing as some cars and drivers will struggle more in longer stints and go further away from their ultimate pace in longer runs, then add variable conditions and just because someone beat you by .5 in qualy doesnt mean they will get you by .5 every lap of a race or even be ahead of you at the end or on same lap at the finish.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  12. geanmimi

geanmimi Gamer

stop masturbating the mind with such weather, the superpole on Spa is 2.18,56. there is a real problem, I saw guys who completely cut corners without being penalized, the four wheels outside, normal?

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Spa super pole qualifying was in very hot conditions, drop temps and easily gain 2 seconds. I dont know about track limits etc but simple temperature changes make quite a big difference in optimal lap times.

A single tyre compound means in hot conditions its hard to keep in the window just like very cold may be. Colder denser air also gives more power for the engine and a bit more downforce even if it adds more drag the extra power will give better overall lap times. These variables also effect all cars a little differently and so if you want to compare times you need the same conditions.

upload_2019-7-10_15-48-44.png

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Many people obsessed with lap times like to play god with the weather and dial it in for the best possible times they can get, was easily visible in AC with RSR times. Its much the same in ACC with how some likely setup their hotlap sessions and servers. Thats where the cool thing is with variable dynamic settings we can use and people just need to go as fast as they can in these conditions, simply tuning a setup for static optimal and perfect conditions then over committing massively and maybe sticking a lap just inside track limits really doesn't say much about someone's "pace"

Being able to adjust to what the track, weather and car will give you then being the fastest in that means much more as it is like this in real racing too. Its very rare that the weather, traffic, track etc is all perfect and so in any sim the lap times will always likely be quicker not even taking into account the unlimited amount of laps you can run and escape for instant repairs.

Its why I suggested special events to match real world conditions in certain sessions, this will give some good comparison against real series and all others using the same conditions at all tracks and in all cars. ;)

Tim Meuris likes this.
  15. geanmimi

geanmimi Gamer

[QUOTE = "martcerv, post: 1073233, membre: 14294"]
    Un air plus dense et plus froid donne également plus de puissance au moteur et un peu plus d'appui même si cela accroît la traînée, la puissance supplémentaire donnera de meilleurs temps au tour.
    [/CITATION]

C'est vrai pour un moteur turbo, un air plus froid entrant dans le refroidisseur intermédiaire donnera un peu plus de puissance, mais pas sur un moteur atmosphérique comme celui de l'Audi R8 qui possède la superpole en 2018.

16. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

:D Yup

ignission likes this.
  17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I think we as a community should decide on what weather the hotlap should be done.Like a standard.
    for example->>
    11A.M
    26 degrees
    Optimum track conditions
    no winds
    etc(i may be missing some parameters here)

Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  18. Default

Default Racer

Those guys are not aliens. Aliens don't care about weather, I've raced with some before. For example at Monza on a Green cold track they can lap in the low 1.47s no problem then in the race they just pull away like you don't exist.

Superpole times in real life cannot be compared to a sim, the sim will always be faster even in similar weather conditions. 2.18.56 is easily done even in race condition by any decent sim racer.

19. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Sure it happens at night under the rain too. :rolleyes:

martcerv likes this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Cold is faster then warm as long as it is dry, get a hot green track and your going to struggle to go sub 2:20 in the cold and green 2:18's are quite doable in many cars. Obviously in a sim with unlimited laps you will be faster but there is a good reason many setup servers for optimal fast times even though the supposed majority of people complained in AC that it didnt have night or rain. A dry night can actually still be very fast but a wet cold night is far from quick.

Fast guys will always be faster but to say it doesn't matter what conditions or weather is pretty silly as it makes a massive difference to lap times.